Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 1st September 2016 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Bloody weather. Every Single party Bubs goes to it rains. And it doesn't just rain, it pours it down. Gah

And it's september, I don't care, it shouldn't be heading for over 30C.  bah bah moan.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp 21, a little windy but nothing major. Humidity at 85, sunny. dp heading up not down curently 17.5. What cold front and what rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Am heading up to Birmingham for a wedding reception and it's pouring, 17C. Should please those who are bored with sun and warmth. 

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at radar, looks like the rain might be edging this way now. Is the actual cold front where there seems to be a squall of sorts developing just north of London, or the whole band.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Lol so the models are now showing the heat to last even longer possibly in to Friday . 3 days of 30c and above . Bbqs at the ready 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Short term forecast

Outlook for Monday to Wednesday

Cloudy through Monday, with brief sunny intervals. Hot and humid Tuesday, with some sunny intervals. Staying warm on Wednesday, with a low likelihood of a thundery shower later.

• Like 1

Morning gang! So today is kind of a warm up for the coming week with the heat increasing tomorrow-thursdsy but looks like dropping off Thursday evening 

I posted at the end of August how I think September will follow very close to August and so far, that's exactly what has happened 

A lot of people associate September with autumn and strictly speaking it is. But you can still get some very fine and as next week proves very hot weather.

The sun is still very very strong but loosing it's warmth as the days go on.

To prove it, a bit hard to take but check the steam fest I woke up to this morning across the gardens!

Please excuse my washing!

DSC_0015.JPGDSC_0017.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well that was a dull old day here yesterday, with patchy light rain and drizzle on and off from late morning through to the evening. Recorded 2.2mm of rain.

This morning was a brief taste of Autumn here in the 'Hadleigh hole', with the rising sun shining through patches of mist and fog. Temp got down to a chilly 7.3C overnight. The mist & fog has burnt away now and it's sunny and calm with just a few wisps of high cloud. Should be a nice day.

I'm looking forward to the coming week - looks like it could be the last hoorah of summer 2016? And will there be a thundery breakdown coming up from France on Thursday? GFS hinting there might, but too far off for any certainty:

Thurs 03.00 GFS Precip Thur15Sep 03.00.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A much cooler start to the day here than we've been used to (11C) but a lovely sunny morning after yesterday's rain. Next few days look stunning and with a chance of a thundery breakdown....me like!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
On 10/09/2016 at 06:42, Surrey said:

Are they not saying that we could have a pretty high pressure dominated autumn and winter. So if you think summer has been a bor fest wait till you get a cold easterly wind travelling over the warm waters of the North Sea under a massive high pressure cell only for it to be so dull it barley gets light.

Incredible sunrise here absolutely stunning! I'm still going for an above average winter.

Unless there is one serious cool down in October and November Europe and the mainland are 2-4 degrees above where they normally should be now.

Sorry for the late reply, this is the first visit on here this weekend :)

The general consensus was for a mild and fairly wet Autumn though September was always looking to be pretty decent going from the mid-range models. So I still suspect we will see a wetter and windier spell at some point though I suspect we will be waiting until mid to late October until we possibly see this. I suspect November could be pretty wild. Beyond that I do expect some decent cold spells during the winter, better than recent years anyway.

As for next week. well tomorrow through to Thursday looks very warm or hot (Tuesday and Wednesday fall into that category). It is still feasible that the hottest day of the year could very well occur next week for my location, I suspect the 34C mark met in July and August will not be beaten though 90F looks a distinct possibility.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
34 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Sorry for the late reply, this is the first visit on here this weekend :)

I suspect the 34C mark met in July and August will not be beaten though 90F looks a distinct possibility.

I certainly hope not CS!:D

Posted

Very nice day, blue skies lots of sun and light winds, feeling fresh at 21C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Bootiful Sunday... Blue sky, light winds and pleasant. Fresh in the shade though.

• Like 1

Posted

What a beautiful day and enough for today at least to keep the people who don't like the heat happy. I'm really impressed with the apples our apple tree has churned out this year they really are beautiful. The wife has made apple sauce , Apple crumbles and apple turnovers that are delicious our neighbours keep asking for them as they are using them to make Apple juice and just as plain apples they are yum yum.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

21C, lots of sunshine and light winds, a great September day.

So for next week, we could see just one hot day or three on the bounce (Tuesday-Thursday). A very uncertain outlook with respect to an area of low heights developing over the bay of Biscay. It would be great to see the ECM/Arpege verify on this account.

arpegeuk-41-50-0.png?11-18   arpegeuk-41-74-0.png?11-18   arpegeuk-41-98-0.png?11-18

It would be really quite something to see this come off (3 days in September with temperatures into the low thirties). Still more runs needed on this.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

What a lovely outlook from the BBC/Look East forecasters for the coming week! If Carlsberg did weather..... 

20160912_083029_resized.jpg

Today started off with clear skies here, but high cloud has moved in now, and from the satellite it does look like patchy high cloud drifting east will continue to impact today's sunshine. Nevertheless a lovely day ahead - somewhere in our Region should hit a high of 26C or 27C!

Cloud Mon12Sep 08.05.jpg

Posted

Morning all just up the road from alexis in a campsite at Manston very quiet end of season but beautiful weather yesterday although spent most of afternoon putting tent up as a  single dad. Challenge. Off to Broadstairs and morEllis later on swim in the sea and fish and chips to finish. Hi wispy cloud sun burning it off gentle breeze drying out the tent from the massive mid September due

• Like 1

Posted

A nice start here, some high level cloud around, and fair weather cumulus blowing in from the sea, very diffuse. Temp already up to 19.2. Is it really September. DP is 18.2 and the humidity is all the way up at 94%. Gonna be a sticky day by the looks of it.

Posted

Good few days to come for most in the region, planned a daytrip tomorrow to make the most of hopefully the last heat of the year before autumn finally kickstarts

Posted

Just walking to the station to go to work and it starts to rain with a rainbow developing . Funny the rain felt quite nice and refreshing .

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Just walking to the station to go to work and it starts to rain with a rainbow developing . Funny the rain felt quite nice and refreshing .

May be a few surprises later today then, although the high cloud seems to have cleared here for now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Moderate rain just started here in South Hertfordshire.

You have to laugh, Is this week going to be another Déjà vu of last week of  'Summer returns' but instead was relentless dull skies and drizzle.

At least it isn't cold!!

• Like 1