Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
8 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Possibly fireworks from Longleat or Center Parcs? Definitely nothing on the Plain as we live right next to it lol.

So not aliens landing with a humungous snow machine then....oh well, maybe next week.

Trip to the outlaws today in Poole, clear as a bell when we left home, thick fog just beyond Frome all the way to about 5 miles from Poole, then clear again. Homeward bound it was bleeding horrible, no fog in Poole but a couple of miles outside it had descended, all the way home it was pea soup territory.

Off to peek at the scary MOD thread - are they all shouting and sniping at one another or crying into non existent snow drifts?

• Like 1

Posted

Jethro

The fog has returned to POOLE even though it appeared the cloud was keeping it at bay, as I found out in a quick trip to Bournemouth. Currently 3.0°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Is it just me.. or does anyone understand what Tamara says in the MOD thread?! :fool:

Posted
13 minutes ago, khodds said:

Is it just me.. or does anyone understand what Tamara says in the MOD thread?! :fool:

Yep, she went post Christmas shopping, and by the sounds of it walks the streets with a starting pistol waiting to fire it!

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Yep, she went post Christmas shopping, and by the sounds of it walks the streets with a starting pistol waiting to fire it!

:yahoo: that's exactly what I thought!!

Posted
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Jethro

The fog has returned to POOLE even though it appeared the cloud was keeping it at bay, as I found out in a quick trip to Bournemouth. Currently 3.0°C

And the opposite has happened here, it's been completely clear for the last couple of hours; chilly night again.

Posted
2 hours ago, khodds said:

Not just you, it's way beyond me. Although to be fair, I now just scan read and wait for the layman interpretations in the replies - stand half a chance with those.

• Like 2

Posted

So what are everyone's thoughts for our delightful region?  I'm struggling to make head nor tail of what's going on in MOD thread.......views and emotions are as up and down as those blasted foxes on the trampoline!!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
4 minutes ago, Chul said:

So what are everyone's thoughts for our delightful region?  I'm struggling to make head nor tail of what's going on in MOD thread.......views and emotions are as up and down as those blasted foxes on the trampoline!!!! 

Well not a lot in a nut shell. Cold yes snow no. Moral is until the Met office is on board all other weather model proper cold and snow predictions are pie in the sky.

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, jethro said:

And the opposite has happened here, it's been completely clear for the last couple of hours; chilly night again.

Only a few miles from you and it's 6.3c and fog has rolled back in. So strange! 

Posted
12 minutes ago, jethro said:

Not just you, it's way beyond me. Although to be fair, I now just scan read and wait for the layman interpretations in the replies - stand half a chance with those.

I do that too... phew! Thought it was just me :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted

I've been in the MOD thread..... I can now say, with complete and utter conviction, I now know what's going on.... http://giphy.com/gifs/adam-sandler-wifflegif-gsGXBlObWmQaQ

Not.

• Like 1

Posted

Jeez... Nick Sussex needs Prozac judging by his last post!! Crikey!! Winter is declared officially over. :sorry:

Posted

Not a bad morning down here which could improve if the Sc under the inversion breaks just a little. As it is a temp of 8C and a zephyr from the SSW.

2016123100.03808.skewt.parc.gif

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

SSW coming, awesome. 

Oh wrong type :nonono:

• Like 2

Posted

I'm done with garden paths, from now on I go straight over the fence or bush, whichever is lower! 

Even this weekends cold is a blink and you'll miss it.

happy new year all 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Light rain here already... Only about 12 hours too early!

Posted

If we get a dry spring, my grass could well be parched come July when the hosepipe bans come..it's taken me ages to get my lawn pucker! :angry:

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
14 hours ago, khodds said:

Khodds

To quickly check the MOD thread and preserve my sanity. I go to the last page

Ctrl F and enter Ukmo model

Then scroll down, and read the references. Having watched this thread for so many years, the UKMO seems to be the most sane, and does not spin 180degree turns every 12 hours or so.

Very seasonal out there today, some lingering mist, overcast, 7.5°C and wind turned into the west..

• Like 1

Posted

Brrrr for yesterday.
Got down to 1.3c at 6am on Friday, lowest this week. Was 4c to 10c for the rest of last week.
Only got to a high of 4.3c yesterday along with that fog most of the day, which was very thick early morning.
Last rain was 0.2mm on Christmas Day.
Wind speed has stayed around 2-5mph all week.

Feels lovely today 8.6c, cloudy and a little misty early morning, 1031.7 hPa, WSW 2mph.

We took our decorations down today.

Edited by lettice

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Khodds

To quickly check the MOD thread and preserve my sanity. I go to the last page

Ctrl F and enter Ukmo model

Then scroll down, and read the references. Having watched this thread for so many years, the UKMO seems to be the most sane, and does not spin 180degree turns every 12 hours or so.

Very seasonal out there today, some lingering mist, overcast, 7.5°C and wind turned into the west..

Thank you DB. I do like watching it all unfold.. I think I have issues ;) 

I'm waiting for it all to flip back on the 12z runs. If 96hrs is where FI starts then it's all to play for imo. I don't think the saga is over yet... gut feeling..

its very mild and murky today. Looking forward to that front clearing later to pushing colder air through the region. 

56 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

If we get a dry spring, my grass could well be parched come July when the hosepipe bans come..it's taken me ages to get my lawn pucker! :angry:

I noticed yesterday that although it's damp everywhere, streams and rivers are very low.. really odd to see at this time of year. It's certainly very different this year! 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, khodds said:

I noticed yesterday that although it's damp everywhere, streams and rivers are very low.. really odd to see at this time of year. It's certainly very different this year! 

I have been saying to people about the lack of rainfall, tonight / tomorrow  may add something to the somewhat dry period.

Meanwhile, don't let the models bite:doh:

• Like 2