Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, hope you all had a great Christmas. The mild murk has given way to a hard frost and clear sky; if we don't get any snow, I'd happily settle for a spell of more of the same.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It got down to -2.1°C this morning, only got above zero around 10am - a very  hard frost!
I also got very close to my all-time high pressure record of 1045.90hPa - 1044.84hPa recorded this morning.

Temp: 3°C - Hum: 94% - Dew: 2.1°C - Bar: 1044.53hPa - Wind: Calm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

First frost since 2nd December with a low of -1.5°C. Currently 6.1°C with hazy sunshine. 

Posted

We have just, in the last couple of hours, managed to get rid of the layer of Sc stuck under the inversion but there is some Ac and particularly thick Ci above.

2016122712.03808.skewt.parc.gif

Edited by knocker

Posted

The frost thawed fairly quickly here this morning; accidentally ended up in the pub in Priddy ( :oops: ) this afternoon, still frozen ground up there on the Mendip plateau.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Beautiful morning here in Stroud very cold, down to -5,  fog to the front of the house into the valley but clear overhead with a nice thick frost, stunning! 

IMG_1679.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning 

-2.6c with fog

fromey

Posted

It's been lovely here, since Boxing Day morning. Avon beach, nr Christchurch was packed on the 26th, which was great to see.

There was a fair bit of cloud around early this morning to stop the temps dipping as low as they have been, but there was still a thick frost and it made for a lovely glow at sunrise.

IMGP1033_sm.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, chris55 said:

Beautiful morning here in Stroud very cold, down to -5,  fog to the front of the house into the valley but clear overhead with a nice thick frost, stunning! 

Was just about to say the same. Stunning indeed as the fog lifted. Now lovely sunshine. Love days like this.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Stunning morning blimmin chilly though. I love winter days like these.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A hard frost again this morning, despite only managing -0.1°C
So many times now, we've had thick fog and no warning.. today a warning was out, and no fog. :D

Temp: 9.8°C - Hum: 81% - Dew: 6.7°C - Bar: 1040.26hPa - Wind: SE ~ ESE @ 6mph.

Posted

Yup no fog, and the temperature struggled to get below 1.7°C, and up to 9.1°C at: 13:52.

As  much as I might review the MOD, right now my take on it is that Knocker has the best view on whats going on, far to many folks are "wishing" the weather to happen. Keep it up Knocks. 

Has IanF taken a hit after the recent FB publish, or is he now posting a much more reserved view after the recent event? Pity it was good to have a different perspective, but as appears to be the case the forum seems to put these sort of folks "out of business" from voicing on here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Beaut of a day here, took the family for a walk up Brean Down, never walked right to the end to the fort before, the weather was stunning. Saw the gritters out on the way back home so I guess another chilly one is on the cards. Much better than the murk before Christmas. Now I'm planning not to get too drunk on NYE just in case the chance of back edge snow fall comes off on New Year's Day! Can't be too hungover if I'm going to be lamp post watching  :rofl:. I know... I know.. far too early to call it  :oops:

• Like 2

Posted

What a perfect winter day it's been, clear, cold and crisp, just the thing for a long walk with the dogs. Went over to Lacock for a walk all across the water meadows, quite a trek in the end but glorious weather for it. Home, fire lit and a huge chunk of Christmas cake :) - already frosty outside.

Posted

Busmans gardening holiday for me,confidently went to the supermarkets to carry on buying up ridiculously low priced stock that their poor management had caused them...to find they had been cleaned out by people like me lol...had to console myself with equally low priced bulbs,but still a bit grumpy lol

Posted

Stunning morn here, such a change from the thick fog of yesterday. Heavy frost with temp currently -4.5C.

Posted

Note ECM t240 posts in the MOD. I'm sure on Dec 15 I posted about these phantom day 10 charts. So on Xmas day it should have been cold.

Bizarre really as no one posts t72 charts showing those mammoth cold synoptics.

Never ever verifies, its all a game. 

Currently -3.4c in Gloucester with as hard frost.