Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Mostly cloudy with quite a strong breeze today taking the edge off the temperature earlier on. Temperature higher now than during the day at 10.7°C and rising. 

Christmas day is probably the last day I'd want to be playing the how high will it go game. Oh well looks like we're all in anyway so might as well enjoy it. 

Merry Christmas.  :santa-emoji:

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Merry Christmas everyone.. back from the pub with the family, Father Christmas about to arrive.. had one or two to many sloe gins.. oops.. but it's Christmas.. have a great day tomorrow everyone. Wishing w e get a sprinkling of snow in the early new year xx

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Merry Christmas everyone :santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

viannen_27.gif

Good morning and merry xmas from a drizzly micro climate! It was windy last night, gusting to 30mph, looks that way tonight too.

Temp: 12.3°C - Hum: 95% - Dew: 11.5°C - Bar: 1025.87hPa - Wind: WSW @ 11mph.

Posted

Hope you've all had a lovely Christmas, looks like things may start to get busy in here again soon, thinks may be on the up...or down (temperature wise ;) ) exciting times ahead! We are about to get out the house for a walk, time to make room for more Turkey   :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

A cool refreshing start to what looks like a very pleasant day. Out for Grandparent duties with the grand-kids, and their new bikes, with little breeze it looks to be traditional fare 6.7°C, bright sunshine, great stuff for walking off just about anything..

Posted

Im off for a nice long walk along Boscombe beach,hope your forecast is correct Dorset,just hope a café might be open for a coffee lol

Posted

I would just like to apologise to all in the South West when this cold weather doesn't appear in the new year as I have told somebody now.

I'll pop back in towards new year to apologise again.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yesterday was the windiest day of the year, here.

As soon as the drizzly front moved over, the temp took a sharp fall.

chart.png

Started off nice and sunny, but cloud has moved in - still bright though.

Temp: 8.6°C - Hum: 69% - Dew: 3.2°C - Bar: 1035.46hPa - Wind: WNW @ 6mph.

Posted

The beach car parks are full, there are traffic jams as more people try to gain access to the beach, it is pure pandemonium down there.

I have never seen the beach that busy in December, it was full both on the prom and the waterline as people were out enjoying the mild weather,  avoiding the shops, amazing number of people working off their festive debauchery from yesterday. And for those brave enough to go for a dip, well done, with a sea temperature of 12.2°C, for some folks (not me) I would imagine it felt positively balmy..

With little or no breeze, it was a great day for a walk along the beach, with a peak of only 7.6°C, normally most folks would have been wrapped up warm, but the kids were taking their coats off as they worked up a sweat.

Now to numb the pain of all that exercise....:drunk-emoji:

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

It was the same at West Bay this morning.  By the time the West Bay Wallow had taken place all the car parks were full and there was some very fancy parking elsewhere too!  I thought that after waiting a long while to actually get in to the water the swimmers would warm up!  Breeze was beginning to get up when we came away about half twelve, otherwise a beautiful winter's day.

P1020126 (800x531).jpg

• Like 2

Posted

yes bosconbe was chilly but lovely,masses of people too,going back to my market trader days a paste table serving coffee and hot chocolate would have been a Del Boy nice little earner lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Feeling cooler today than yesterday's mild dampness. Also brighter today with the sun making an appearance at times.

The temperature was lower during daylight hours than it was overnight. The daytime high was 8.4°C with an overall high of 11.4°C just after midnight. Currently 2.9°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Just reached 0C here, with a very hard frost. I shall enjoy a bit of seasonal weather but feel sorry for everybody who has to go out to work in it.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and here's to at least one lamp-watching all-nighter! :gathering:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Some fantastic sun filled frost coated days coming up next week and indeed some this week. Sunny and cold better than murky and mild. 

So the weather is changing as we get northerly incursions from new year. Some fleeting some longer. Any snow? Nothing predicted but if the real cold air comes in then rule nothing in or out! 

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1

Posted

morning! Lovely and frosty looking out there today. The models are looking good too... I am refusing to get excited yet. We have all been here before and it's still too far away to get excited in my book. Plenty of room for upgrades and downgrades before this weekend.. 

Posted

I suppose this morning's frost and frozen ground shows how quickly it can change seeing as the temperature was approaching 13c less than 36 hours ago.

Another spell like 28th Nov to 1st December? Yes please!

• Like 2