Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Me too. Melisandre needs to be topped too! Unless she can redeem herself. Rewatching series one again and it's amazing what else you pick up on that you missed first time around!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

Me too. Melisandre needs to be topped too! Unless she can redeem herself. Rewatching series one again and it's amazing what else you pick up on that you missed first time around!

Oh sorry I meant the tanned lady that is hand Maden mesande?

Yes its actually great to see all the foreshadowing when you watch back.. so cleverly written.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A few light showers not too long ago. I just got back from Poole, and going through Upton, there was some huge puddles, it looked as though quite a bit of rain had fallen?!
There's some flecks of blue sky now - brightening up a bit.

Temp: 5.6°C - Hum: 91% - Dew: 4.3°C - Bar: 1019.47hPa - Wind: SSW ~ SE @ 2mph.

Posted

Well there's a first for everything and this morning was one of those, a funeral in the rain, not good, but the sun has come out for the dearly departed.

So with the traditional fare, we have a blue sky, dry and 6.8°C

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Well there's a first for everything and this morning was one of those, a funeral in the rain, not good, but the sun has come out for the dearly departed.

So with the traditional fare, we have a blue sky, dry and 6.8°C

..just had a moderate shower again, not sure I saw a forecast mentioning these? To be fair, they are not exactly widespread, but they are slow moving and quite sharp. 2.2mm has fallen now.

Posted

No rain here today but at least the sun was out earlier. it's amazing the difference the sun can make to my mood! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A brighter day than recent days today, still mostly cloudy but the cloud did break for a while this afternoon. High of 7.3°C. Currently 5.7°C. 

Posted

Quiet in here tonight.. I go out for an evening and no one has posted! No sign of an imminent arrival of winter yet then? :rofl:

Posted
8 hours ago, khodds said:

No sign of an imminent arrival of winter yet then? :rofl:

Winter - Error 404 Not found, please try again in 50 years..:drunk:

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

This is more seasonal, dark @ 8am, raining and blowin..with a balmy 10.3°C with 2.6mm of rain.  Now that's winter in southern england:hi:

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Never mind official record keeping, or Met Office tidying up of the seasons into neat 3 month chunks, today is officially the first day of winter in my book. I look forward to it being a front loaded cold one.....can be cold in the middle too if it wants, not so keen on it being cold at the end of the season though, snow at the end of March can clear off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

It's a winter of "typical" so far. Take today for example, the one day I cherry picked months ago to take the kids to longleat, and it's tipping it down! After all the dry weather we have had. TYPICAL!!  :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
18 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

It's a winter of "typical" so far. Take today for example, the one day I cherry picked months ago to take the kids to longleat, and it's tipping it down! After all the dry weather we have had. TYPICAL!!  :wallbash:

It may be tipping down in Poole but it's dry up here so don't despair. Go to the in-laws in Poole quite often, it's fairly common for it to be raining at home but dry once we've gone the other side of Spread Eagle and vice versa.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
8 minutes ago, jethro said:

It may be tipping down in Poole but it's dry up here so don't despair. Go to the in-laws in Poole quite often, it's fairly common for it to be raining at home but dry once we've gone the other side of Spread Eagle and vice versa.

Ah ok, thank you v much :hi:

Posted

yep, back to murk here again. Rain incoming and a temperature of 8.3. Let's hope that after the "shake up" on Christmas Eve/day the high in situ is not a dirty one! Frosty and clear is on order please 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Grey and 6C after some drizzly stuff earlier on. Default for December 2016 it seems.

Posted
5 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Hope you're enjoying your day, it's really rather (surprisingly) pleasant around here with some hazy sunshine and currently 10.1c although down in Longleat it's probably several degrees cooler. The incoming rainband doesn't seem too bad for later either when compared to forecasts.

• Like 1

Posted

Flippn' wet down 'ere on the coast, soaking the shoppers :girl_devil:

Whoop, whoop, Judah's been on the bottle...

Judah Cohen @judah47

Forecast of negative trend in the AO accompanied by increasing chances of #snow fall both in the Northeastern US and Europe after New Year's

2:16 PM - 21 Dec 2016

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

A few glimpses of sunshine early this morning, after some moderate showers and a period of windy weather. Mostly cloudy now, and mild.

Temp: 11.2°C - Hum: 89% - Dew: 9.4°C - Rain: 3.6mm - Bar: 1019.98hPa - Wind: SW ~ WSW @ 5mph.

Posted
7 hours ago, jethro said:

And a lot of the rainfall, did hug the coast today..