Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, cloudier start to the day here today but with quite a breeze blowing. Forecast on the tv last night said we're not expected to get any rain from the incoming storm but it will be windier than of late, hope that pans out as it may dry things up a bit, everything's a bit soggy underfoot around here.

Posted

Morning all. Cloudy, damp, light winds at the moment but I'm a lot further east than anyone else here! Most notable thing this morning is that the temperature rose from1.5 at 6am to 8.5 at 7!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I've got to go and tackle the supermarket :wallbash: elbows out, every man for himself! 

I'm sure it will start raining as soon as I start loading the car. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, jethro said:

Morning, cloudier start to the day here today but with quite a breeze blowing. Forecast on the tv last night said we're not expected to get any rain from the incoming storm but it will be windier than of late, hope that pans out as it may dry things up a bit, everything's a bit soggy underfoot around here.

Not sure which forecast you saw Jethro but we will have a band of rain on the storm's cold front mid-late afternoon which could be briefly heavy/squally.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of 4°C this morning. Fairly bright now, with the odd glimpse of the sun - windy, gusting to 30mph.

Temp: 11.3°C - Hum: 89% - Dew: 9.6°C - Bar: 1027.36hPa - Wind: SW @ 15mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
2 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

I've got to go and tackle the supermarket :wallbash: elbows out, every man for himself! 

I'm sure it will start raining as soon as I start loading the car. 

Good luck! I'm going after work today which could be fun as I'm being plied with mulled wine beforehand! Hazardous trolley driving ahead.. good job we live next to the supermarket :drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted

Wind really picked up here in the last 5 minutes, makes a change to hear it howling this winter!!

Posted

.. just registered a 42mph gust, not bad for here! It certainly makes all the difference having the anemometer 10m up on the chimney. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

My strongest was only 34 km/h. Present is 22km/h.

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

.. just registered a 42mph gust, not bad for here! It certainly makes all the difference having the anemometer 10m up on the chimney. :)

Pretty much as captured down in the harbour. I'm sheltered up here,even living on the side of a "hill" facing SW, the housing disrupts the airflow, and my sensor is a mere 5mtrs off the ground so a lot less in peak wind is measured.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Anyone on the thread care to provide an update on the squall line coming through the area?

Pantz.

2016-12-23.png

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Appears to be weakening as it tracks eastwards, so by the time it gets to us it looks almost out of steam..

It may give you a glancing blow, but it'll miss here altogether.

2016-12-23 (1).png

Posted
8 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Not sure which forecast you saw Jethro but we will have a band of rain on the storm's cold front mid-late afternoon which could be briefly heavy/squally.

Can't remember which forecast it was but it was wrong and you were right, not a bad morning followed by increasing winds and as time went on, heavy bursts of rain.

On the bright side...it wasn't raining when I went shopping, on the downside, reckon half of Somerset decided to go to Frome today, bloody chaos!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Squall lasted all of thirty seconds here. Luckily hit while we were in Morrisons.

enough food and drink in now to last for days.. so if the weather wants to fast forward a week I'm ready :drunk-emoji:

Posted

Not as bad day yesterday as I thought it might be as that storm passed through.
3.5mm rain fell between 4pm to 8pm, been dry since.
Highest gust was 34mph, most gusts were 20-25mph. Wind speed during the windiest spell was 15-20mph.

Now 8.2c, 1028.2 hPa, WSW wind 6-10mph with a few 15mph gusts.

Cannot believe they are forecasting us down here of possibly having temps of 13c for Christmas Day, shame!
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Posted

Morning all, looking out my window it's all a bit green and brown, stepping out it's definitely mild; not even vaguely festive. Deep snow would have been good, a dusting would have done or even a sharp frost....disappointed but pre-armed, I'm glad I made a load of snow inspired decs so there's at least a touch 'White Christmas' about the place.

Merry Christmas everyone :santa-emoji:

DSC00986.JPG

DSC00723.JPG

• Like 2

Posted

Well that's a turn up for the books.. despite the mild temperatures, I have a bit of snow falling.. viannen_25.gif

KXpuJh8gYSHK.png

Merry Christmas SW & CS folks!

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Well that's a turn up for the books.. despite the mild temperatures, I have a bit of snow falling.. viannen_25.gif

KXpuJh8gYSHK.png

Merry Christmas SW & CS folks!

Yep, deep, not crisp, yet muddy...