Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I've come to the conclusion that this winter has been more frustrating that last winter.

At least we knew we had very little chance of anything cold, this year has been the ultimate carrot dangler! 

And at least last winter we had some interesting weather!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

What a thoroughly miserable day it turned into. Cold, wet and grey; apparently it's 3.9c here but the damp is making it feel much colder. Bring the cold, frost and sunshine please, I loathe this sort of weather.

Posted
5 hours ago, knocker said:

I quit 4 months ago after 60 years mainly because I can't afford over £50 a week on tobacco. Seriously miss a smoke at times of stress which normally includes every visit to the MOD thread where I remain on the top of the 'most wanted' list. I've also put on about a stone in weight. :wallbash:

Cloudy here with a layer of Sc (surprise), temp 9C and a southerly breeze

Good for you, I'm impressed. Any tips on how to give up? I've tried and failed a couple of times, nicotine tabs just gave me hiccups and indigestion, the chewing gum gave me mouth ulcers, not tried the electronic option though, did you? Or did you just go cold turkey?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

This popped up

7 years ago today!!:sorry:

IMG_0177.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, jethro said:

Good for you, I'm impressed. Any tips on how to give up? I've tried and failed a couple of times, nicotine tabs just gave me hiccups and indigestion, the chewing gum gave me mouth ulcers, not tried the electronic option though, did you? Or did you just go cold turkey?

I just went cold turkey. For me that's the best way but the key is being in the right frame of mind when making the decision. I did the same many years ago when I stopped for two years and then like an idiot started again. I started smoking the odd cigar which with hindsight merely signaled that I had decided to start again. So just make up your mind Jethro, say I'll have my last ciggy at..........................may the force be with you.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, fromey said:

This popped up

7 years ago today!!:sorry:

IMG_0177.JPG

That's just depressing!!!

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Knocker is that not a typo? Should it surely read .....where I remain on the top of the 'most unwanted' list.:D

I say "Good on you for your sane approach" others may not appreciate it..

Yes I got that message many moons ago when one of the 'icons' suggested the site would be a far better place if I left. :shok:

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, knocker said:

I just went cold turkey. For me that's the best way but the key is being in the right frame of mind when making the decision. I did the same many years ago when I stopped for two years and then like an idiot started again. I started smoking the odd cigar which with hindsight merely signaled that I had decided to start again. So just make up your mind Jethro, say I'll have my last ciggy at..........................may the force be with you.

Couldn't agree more, you have to want to do it. I spent years being told to stop, which never worked, even though I tried, with Patches vapes etc, if you don't really want to stop then you won't stop.

Posted
5 minutes ago, knocker said:

Thank you. I think I'll need all the force I can get. Trouble is, despite knowing how dreadful it is for your health, the bottom line is I Like having a fag, no meal is complete without that after dinner one. Focus is what I need and determination.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
21 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I've come to the conclusion that this winter has been more frustrating that last winter.

At least we knew we had very little chance of anything cold, this year has been the ultimate carrot dangler! 

And at least last winter we had some interesting weather!

Yes its bit like Bullseye.....Look what you could of won an all expense paid walk in the snow and a day off work instead you go home with a drab quiet boring if a bit damp knowing that everyday what could of been! 

Anyway its Friday! Cheer up everyone!!!

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, knocker said:

Yes I got that message many moons ago when one of the 'icons' suggested the site would be a far better place if I left. :shok:

It's like a willy wagging competition in there at times, so many egos. The hero worship does my head in.

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Carrot dangler, nay surely you mean p#ss take!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, jethro said:

It's like a willy wagging competition in there at times, so many egos. The hero worship does my head in.

You are so right. But on the bright side I've treated myself to a new BS detector for the new year. My old one was getting worn out.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, knocker said:

Well, I for one am glad you provide your degree of sanity. I have to be honest now I only ever read the last page of posts in there, and have figured to post in there can mean certain death, unless of course it has words like #now, #xt#me c#ld, etc...

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, jethro said:

Thank you. I think I'll need all the force I can get. Trouble is, despite knowing how dreadful it is for your health, the bottom line is I Like having a fag, no meal is complete without that after dinner one. Focus is what I need and determination.

Yes that was my problem as well and I don't think I would have given it up just for health reasons (although heaven knows that's reason enough) but I just couldn't justify £50 a week out of my pension. You can do it Jethro..............just set the time for your last fag and dig in......................

• Like 1

Posted

So some rather seasonal weather has arrived, it's raining. Ah well, makes a change, no wait I'm reading our thread, I see moans about the cold, wet weather. Nah really, have people gone soft in the 'ed, or still thawing out after the recent cold snap.:oops:

Posted
4 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Well, I for one am glad you provide your degree of sanity. I have to be honest now I only ever read the last page of posts in there, and have figured to post in there can mean certain death, unless of course it has words like #now, #xt#me c#ld, etc...

Well full body amour is recommended. There has been very slight rain down here most of the day.  Rather depressing gloom.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, knocker said:

You are so right. But on the bright side I've treated myself to a new BS detector for the new year. My old one was getting worn out.

May I recommend.......  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bullsuper duper-Harry-G-Frankfurt/dp/0691122946   It's a damn good read.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, knocker said:

Well full body amour is recommended. There has been very slight rain down here most of the day.  Rather depressing gloom.

Yeah, to be honest I've been on this & TWO board for so many years, I recognise the posters that have their simple wants in their posting language, and those that really have no axe to grind or are prepared to consider the wide world of options. I like this place, and glad this thread has nurtured a great group of people, who have no axe to grind. So who's up for deep snow & cold winds the end of next week:oops:

Posted
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

Yeah, to be honest I've been on this & TWO board for so many years, I recognise the posters that have their simple wants in their posting language, and those that really have no axe to grind or are prepared to consider the wide world of options. I like this place, and glad this thread has nurtured a great group of people, who have no axe to grind. So who's up for deep snow & cold winds the end of next week:oops:

Me! The deeper the better.

I too appreciate this thread, never too serious, good fun when there's some snow about and no wrist slashing when there isn't.

Posted
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Definitely not Sidney.

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, knocker said:

Definitely not Sidney.

I'll knit him a jumper and a warm hat & bootees, he'll be fine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Rain this afternoon here, heavy at times. Temp at 4c. Wind 7mph S. 

Whats the weather like down in the far SW?, I'm off to watch Oxford City away at Truro City tomorrow. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mark N said:

Rain this afternoon here, heavy at times. Temp at 4c. Wind 7mph S. 

Whats the weather like down in the far SW?, I'm off to watch Oxford City away at Truro City tomorrow. 

Well it won't be cold but probably stuck under a layer of Sc.