Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
29 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Im thinking of heading up to Fort William & Strontian end of next week or into the following, Perfect timing! :)

Excellent, anything specific planned while you're up or just a relaxing break? 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
1 hour ago, Norrona2015 said:

Excellent, anything specific planned while you're up or just a relaxing break? 

A bit of both, I'm planning on doing some Winter Hill walking maybe 3 sisters or Ben Nevis Cain Morg Dearg ridge, No'3 gully depending on conditions. I grew up in Strontian and do plan to move back.

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

A bit of both, I'm planning on doing some Winter Hill walking maybe 3 sisters or Ben Nevis Cain Morg Dearg ridge, No'3 gully depending on conditions. I grew up in Strontian and do plan to move back.

Sounds superb. Have great and safe time on the hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Hideous, hideous day up here, horizontal rain and so damn mild along with strong winds. Hate it! However, all is not lost with the arrival of Big Sis with curry, wine and whisky. I am now in a very mellow mood and happy with it! Improvement on the way I see, just love the cold! :cold:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

aye indeed HC although the overall position still seems to be all roads lead to an easterly of sorts....ironically despite the ukmo model being the one showing the least favourable outcome the met office update fills me with more optimism that perhaps if we could see beyond t144 it would show us something tasty.... a lot of runs ending in scandy heights which could lead to something tasty for a lot of us down the line....

I have refrained from mentioning anything to anyone about an upcoming spell though.... I'm not gonna be the jinx this time

Posted

Looking at the figures it's certainly been the second very mild December in a row. Broadly speaking locations in the south of Scotland haven't been quite as mild as last year but many locations in the north of Scotland have been even milder. The biggest anomaly I can see is Altnaharra at +3.7c above the December mean.

I think mean temps in November 2016 were colder than this month in most places.

http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/~brugge/CURR.html

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Peeps! I await the cold front with pleasure as our temps yesterday were ridiculously high at 13.7c. At least the wind has dropped and we now have perpendicular rain as opposed to the usual horizontal. A large bowl of special festive porridge with brambles and a wee dram has set me up nicely for the day, so bring on the tea and toast!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Damp, dreich, dark and breezy here (again)   Temp 9.9c.   Tomorrow looks colder though for a change.

aircam_pic.php.jpe

Posted

Been threatning to for a couple of days to be honest but finally it's started to rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Moderate rain all morning and looks set to continue. Our moat (no I am NOT a Tory MP) is fuller than for a while and the Co-op is sandbagged in.

Nocturnal noises here are mainly from cats 'discussing' who's supposed to have the best sofa for the night... or zzz noises from next door. ('Let 'em have it Joe, both barrels!!)

Posted

What a rank miserable day here, stiff breeze and incessant rain.

Our nocturnal noises is either the Donkey's having a late night spat, or the foxes having a ball, and if it is foggy the overhead wires crackle very loudly.

Posted
31 minutes ago, Cheggers said:

What a rank miserable day here, stiff breeze and incessant rain.

Our nocturnal noises is either the Donkey's having a late night spat, or the foxes having a ball, and if it is foggy the overhead wires crackle very loudly.

'Leave my ass alone!'

• Like 1

Posted

Those nocturnal noises you both speak of sound quite pleasant to me.    No snoring and breaking wind all night  in your abodes then?   48 years married next year for me and all I can think of is why???????????????:laugh:

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Those nocturnal noises you both speak of sound quite pleasant to me.    No snoring and breaking wind all night  in your abodes then?   48 years married next year for me and all I can think of is why???????????????:laugh:

:blink2::bad: maybe change his diet?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Have a great Ne'er when it arrives, lang may yer lum reek !

• Like 9

Posted

Yes, best wishes to all on the thread for 2017.

I'm a bit of a party - pooper tonight having cancelled Hoggers on account of a sair heid, sair thrapple and a runny runny neb. After a snooze just now, hopefully will bring in the new year, briefly, with good neighbours. 

• Like 9

Posted

Before I get too super duper faced to type (total lies as I'll be asleep by 11) Happy New Year everyone :-) 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 6

Posted

Healthy and happy 2017 to all on the Scottish Thread.:)

• Like 7

Posted

@BlitzenYou're still going like the clappers then! Fnaargh... :oops:  I remember when I joined the forum yonks ago you were one of the first to reply to one of my silly vaguely weather-related posts, so cheers AND HERE'S TO ANOTHER 10 YEARS! bloody caps lock... I still wonder whether we should organise a Scotland forum get-together but we're so spread out it woud be hard to organise. And it would seem a bit weird, loads of folk who don't know each other all meeting somewhere - on their own, no partners or family...

Colder out tonight at 3C, hopefully a better day tomorrow before heading down south on Monday to pay familial new year respects.

Here's to a happier and less divisive 2017. (Oh and a plague on Farage and the UKIP featherbrained numpties...!!!) Cheers all  :drinks:

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 7

Posted
5 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Most of the day very wet making up for a very dry December .Mild earrly on at 10c but has cleared now and currently 4.8c

Can I   also wish everyone on the Scottish thread a Very Happy New Year

Just off to local bonfire getting colder now 1.9c

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody and I hear you on the healthier bit, thatr's my wish for 2017. I'm off to bed with the husband and the cat lol.

• Like 6

Posted

A forum get-together would be a hoot I should think HC.   I honestly don't think we would feel strange at all.   The fun would be in guessing who's who.  

Aye the years don't half pass by.   12 years on here now for me from the old Snow Watch days.:)

• Like 6