Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
15 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

There were some signs in nature of a colder winter through this autumn. Will be interesting to see if the signs prove to be correct. The last time I saw these signs was in 2010....:cold:

Never been a believer in 'signs' SB, as, IMO, such things would put effect before cause; and I'd equate that to having my shopping find its way into my larder even before I'd even though about  buying it...?:cc_confused:

Anywho BOT...the prospect of heavy, wet snow freezing onto all surfaces gives me the willies; all sorts of power-lines would snap and roads & pavements would be a nightmare...?:shok:

Then again, if it happens, I'll enjoy it just like any 'big kid' would!:yahoo:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 2

Posted

Got a feeling we are going to get a heavy snowfall before Xmas this year. Thursday down here felt colder than its Been for the last 4 winters. Something is brewing?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Never been a believer in 'signs' SB, as, IMO, such things would put effect before cause; and I'd equate that to having my shopping find its way into my larder even before I'd even though about  buying it...?:cc_confused:

Anywho BOT...the prospect of heavy, wet snow freezing onto all surfaces gives me the willies; all sorts of power-lines would snap and roads & pavements would be a nightmare...?:shok:

Then again, if it happens, I'll enjoy it just like any 'big kid' would!:yahoo:

I do sometimes think that some animals and plants have an inkling of upcoming weather patterns. Nearly impossible to prove, though and unlikely to garner much interest on a scientific forum. However, I do find it intruiging and will be interested to see if anything comes of the 'signs', this year :) Wet snow can be fun, those massive flakes are wonderful to watch especially if the snow gets very heavy and the temperature stays at or goes below freezing! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
56 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I do sometimes think that some animals and plants have an inkling of upcoming weather patterns. Nearly impossible to prove, though and unlikely to garner much interest on a scientific forum. However, I do find it intruiging and will be interested to see if anything comes of the 'signs', this year :) Wet snow can be fun, those massive flakes are wonderful to watch especially if the snow gets very heavy and the temperature stays at or goes below freezing! 

Well if we have lots of snow, the october fog index will be proved to be a load of old cobblers, hopefully nature is more accurate.

Posted

Updated met office outlook cold rain for us, hope ECM comes on board with the GFS tonight, really snow starved down here, really hope we get some snow in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

Posted

Gin clear, little wind and 2C...Frost & fog later perhaps?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Gin clear, little wind and 2C...Frost & fog later perhaps?

What you having with the Gin, Ed?

Posted

Dreamy stuff from ECM rather heavy snow showers merging into longer spells of snow across our region. The long fabled Thames Streamer possible on the chart below a snow machine...  :cold:

EA0B2544-5AAF-4B28-BCDC-181FA54AD040.thumb.png.40ef55075c94dee27162ee64e2da9fd3.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
19 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Dreamy stuff from ECM rather heavy snow showers merging into longer spells of snow across our region. The long fabled Thames Streamer possible on the chart below a snow machine...  :cold:

EA0B2544-5AAF-4B28-BCDC-181FA54AD040.thumb.png.40ef55075c94dee27162ee64e2da9fd3.png

Yes Daniel , let’s hope this can happen , we’ve been here many times before but we’ve waited long enough Surely . :cold-emoji:

That said feet are firmly on the ground at this stage , I’ve been sucked in in the past many times before so certainly not banking on anything like this at the moment , I would just be happy to get the cold in first .

5DB7D22F-5D9A-44EF-8BBF-5861BC8E6B40.gif

814B92BA-1D96-47AA-80EF-71F3341A2751.gif

9D236FED-E48E-49C3-B919-AFA6D255AB33.gif

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Waiting for the NetWx Extra iOS app to come out like..

tenor.thumb.gif.657b0bcce5c9e5a5d016fe98a1692c30.gif

I hope it's out soon, it's going to massively come in handy next week.

Posted
1 minute ago, JennyJane1 said:

If I understand the model thread correctly, east anglia is going to be buried midweek ?????

Let's just say that we have reasons for being optimistic?:cold:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
3 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

If I understand the model thread correctly, east anglia is going to be buried midweek ?????

In a word, yes. 

IF the models come off as they currently stand, and that's a pretty big if, for now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
10 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

I'm semi hibernating until May but I decided I better wake up and see if anything was happening.....last time I looked  it was snow for everyone apart from Norfolk and Suffolk :D Mind you things might have moved on in the last 24hrs although we could just get torrential rain and gales. Yuk. Oh, and a storm surge down the east coast :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Norfolk Sheep said:

I'm semi hibernating until May but I decided I better wake up and see if anything was happening.....last time I looked  it was snow for everyone apart from Norfolk and Suffolk :D Mind you things might have moved on in the last 24hrs although we could just get torrential rain and gales. Yuk. Oh, and a storm surge down the east coast :nonono:

Yes that storm surge could be worrying, i have honestly seen someone canoing down the A12 in a flood and lots of properties flooded over here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

I see the model room is absolutely at bursting point it's been a few years since I've seen it so busy. Hopefully this time next week this room will be the same. Who reckons a 2010 December may happen ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
18 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Be very jealous of Karlos1983.

I understand Countryfile have been in touch and are very keen to buy his Chart so they can use it on tomorrow’s “week ahead” forecast.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, slater said:

I see the model room is absolutely at bursting point it's been a few years since I've seen it so busy. Hopefully this time next week this room will be the same. Who reckons a 2010 December may happen ??

No, we don't want that, it was snowless over here in dec 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
8 hours ago, Daniel* said:

My mum says it’s going to be a harsh winter so that’s settled it’s the bountiful berries. ;)

Haha... 

I saw bright yellow berries on a holly bush during the dog walk this morning. Not at eye level but up high. 

I distinctly remember seeing this pre 2010.

Whether this means anything or indeed yellow berries on a holly bush is the norm elsewhere in the UK who knows. 

But it definitely has some interest. 

I’ve walked the same path past 3 winters and never seen bright yellow berries - only in November 2010 in a different location. 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
2 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

No, we don't want that, it was snowless over here in dec 2010.

Yes I remember actually,  coast only had a dusting, Here Attleborough had lying snow of some sort for 3 weeks from the 8th Dec to about the 30th .Bit ironic that morning I was in mid Norfolk and It was dank mild possibly 11c and they said by end of day would be snow, by 6 driving home temp had dropped to 1c and heavy snow for 6 hours on and off, was a day to remember, 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Danny* said:

Waiting for the NetWx Extra iOS app to come out like..

tenor.thumb.gif.657b0bcce5c9e5a5d016fe98a1692c30.gif

I hope it's out soon, it's going to massively come in handy next week.

Agreed will be handy when I’m on the go.

@Paul do you have an approximation of the release? I guess you or your team have not submitted it to Apple yet. 

Sometime next week would be fantastic.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
2 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

Haha... 

I saw bright yellow berries on a holly bush during the dog walk this morning. Not at eye level but up high. 

I distinctly remember seeing this pre 2010.

Whether this means anything or indeed yellow berries on a holly bush is the norm elsewhere in the UK who knows. 

But it definitely has some interest. 

I’ve walked the same path past 3 winters and never seen bright yellow berries - only in November 2010 in a different location. 

Are you sure that wasn't a pyracanthra :friends:

Posted

MetO are now confirming the much colder conditions from Thursday in their 'Weather For The Week Ahead' forecast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/42200952?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_weather&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 2