Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
13 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

I think we can safely say, we are going to miss out on any snow events yet again 

Where are you based in our Region? I don't think we can safely say either way at the moment.

P.S Meto have issued a snowflake symbol for my area Saturday morning :rofl:

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

The prospect of snow these days is almost as exciting as seeing some!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

is winter over yet:santa-emoji:

Not just yet, lass...But by Monday anything could happen!:laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Over on Two it looks a bit rubbish for down here with mild sectors turning it into a mushy muddled marginal mess:bad:

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Over on Two it looks a bit rubbish for down here with mild sectors turning it into a mushy muddled marginal mess:bad:

I assume that the Met's snow-warnings are based on their belief that the weekend's winds blow from the NW...Though it'd only need a wee shift towards due north for us to be in the firing line. I'm not too hopeful though.:lazy:

Posted
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Is muddled marginal mess like Sid the sticky stick insect who got stuck on a sticky bun?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

Oh well. see you all in 2018. 

Have a very merry Christmas!

Edited by username home

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Och weel - if the MetO's warnings end up being correct, all of us in this reason can wave goodbye to any snow...:lazy::cray:

No Pete, just because none of us are in the yellow doesn’t mean there isn’t going to be any snow.

The area enclosed by the warning are the places seeing the bulk of the showers, of which could cause some bother quite frequent in nature is expected. Further south and east there is a good possibility some will find there way towards our region it comes to nowcasting and radar watching.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

No Pete, just because none of us are in the yellow doesn’t mean there isn’t going to be any snow.

The area enclosed by the warning are the places seeing the bulk of the showers, of which could cause some bother quite frequent in nature is expected. Further south and east there is a good possibility some will find there way towards our region it comes to nowcasting and radar watching.

You're right enough, Daniel - I should have used 'many' instead of all...:cold-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

GFS is known to elevate PPN here there and everywhere at times. In my view, weather pattern changes are causing models a lot of problems evaluating outputs. I expect upgrades later today into tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, yamkin said:

GFS is known to elevate PPN here there and everywhere at times. In my view, weather pattern changes are causing models a lot of problems evaluating outputs. I expect upgrades later today into tomorrow.

Good to see you in here Rampkin.

What is Croydon Councils take on upcoming events? Extra stockpiles of salt?

I work for Essex County council, and we are due to be on grit runs, Thursday night - Monday at the moment, our commercial met office forecast has 35 % chance snow and 25% chance on monday. We just had 15 tonne of salt delivered this morning will keep you posted on what the council say 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Justin Miller said:

I work for Essex County council, and we are due to be on grit runs, Thursday night - Monday at the moment, our commercial met office forecast has 35 % chance snow and 25% chance on monday. We just had 15 tonne of salt delivered this morning will keep you posted on what the council say 

Excellent Justin. We have an Essex version of Rampkin! :yahoo:

Posted
9 minutes ago, Southender said:

Good to see you in here Rampkin.

What is Croydon Councils take on upcoming events? Extra stockpiles of salt?

Hi Southender, Oh yes, Croydon Council have stockpiled enough salt/grit just like all the other councils :)

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Am I missing something ? BBC have shown nothing snow wise for my ends ... just cold with sunshine , tbh I don’t see why ppl hype up December any more ... more late jan - feb is our better chances 

Unless we're lucky with the tail-end of a Cheshire Gap streamer and/or winds veer more northerly, I'd estimate our snow-chances to be quite low. Things can change though, so don't write it off. Yet!:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
15 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Ah so of we get snowmageden it's your fault. Chears in advance. :D

Happy to put up even more 1980's style tinsel if that's lucky for a 1980's style snow event :) Now, where to put all this.....

IMG_4941.JPG

• Like 2

Posted

Total pish the latest runs. They seem to be getting worse, which at this stage is not good at all.

Be lucky to see any snow at this rate in our region this weekend.

Friday best bet out towards Chilterns, maybe South Downs for some Cheshire Gap action. Sundays slider at the moment not happening. Rain ☔️ 

Still time for change of course, but the window of opportunity is shrinking with each run at the moment.

Edited by Southender

Posted

18% chance of snow (listed as sleet on the forecast) for sunday and Monday :clap:

closest we're getting to snow this year :cold:

Edited by WeatherMoose

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Yet all the hype and yes doesn't look like anything exciting Again! Latest Dan Holly tweets not expecting any snow

IMG_1230.PNG

Edited by slater

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Am I missing something ? BBC have shown nothing snow wise for my ends ... just cold with sunshine , tbh I don’t see why ppl hype up December any more ... more late jan - feb is our better chances 

None here either, it's all just hyped cobblers as usual in the MOD thread, i think the reality of the cool spell will be very boring here, no matter what model shows purple blobs over us:fool: