Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
10 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Plenty of loo roll in our local Tesco express this morn. And they're stocked up with liquid soap, paracetemol, calpol, etc. No sign of panic buying according to staff in there. All seems calm.

Asda in Longwell Green and my local Coop all have bog roll etc still, although they are lacking in hand sanitizer etc. 

Was in Harvesters yesterday and it was packed in there.  No sign of any worry or panic in my local area of Bristol either. 

It is what it is.  I like to think me and my family are hygienic at all times anyway.  No point sitting at home in fear, we are just carrying on with life as normal.  There's plenty in life that can kill you without warning, not just COVID 19.

• Like 1

Posted

Don't know how much truth there is to this as there's not confirmed/conflict reports please hope it's not true

There is also a news from the Iranian Students News Agency per update 

743 New Cases Bringing Total Up To 6566

Edited by Skullzrulerz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Loo roll .. the new gold .. in times of crisis !  

Loo Roll Cartoon.jpg

toilet-paper-corona.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
46 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Plenty of loo roll in our local Tesco express this morn. And they're stocked up with liquid soap, paracetemol, calpol, etc. No sign of panic buying according to staff in there. All seems calm.

Plenty of Loo Rolls at the few B&M's I've been into, guess the idiots forgot about those shops.

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Reminds me of those 'horse' racing game-booths at fairgrounds/amusement parks.   Probably would have looked better if the axis were swapped too.

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
3 hours ago, Snipper said:

But they been so keen to control everybody’s lives in the past. Just surprised.

That's simply because they do not try to control everyone's lives, never did. 

• Like 7

Posted
37 minutes ago, Snipper said:

My family survived the Black Death.  Family business was established in 1640.

Undertakers?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Yarmy said:

It’s somewhat telling that while people in the US are stockpiling weapons and ammunition, people in the UK are panic buying bog roll, pasta and teabags. :oldsmile:

I think the Americans have been watching to many zombie movies, they shouldn't be worried about sick people trying to knock down their doors in this case. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

"The health care system in the Italian region of Lombardy is on the brink of collapse, the head of its crisis response unit has said.

"We're now being forced to set up intensive care treatment in corridors, in operating theatres, in recovery rooms. We've emptied entire hospital sections to make space for seriously sick people," Antonio Pesenti told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

"One of the best health systems in the world, in Lombardy, is a step away from collapse," he said." (Source: BBC live)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

So, it's 'liberals' who're causing COVID-19 to spread...?

Well it depends what you call liberal, its the free movement of people that is fuelling the spread, but that includes corporations as well as governments who are putting the pound note first, so my criticism isn't political, it is aimed at left and right wing liberals.

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me

Atleast here in the UK we are used to having the NHS under severe strain with beds in corridors and a shortage of most things!

Guest Delete Me
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

A mostly cloudy mild morning dry after early rain

Max temp so far 9.4C, Baromter 997mb rising slowly, Wind F2 SSW, Rainfall since midnight 5.6mm

Perfect Covid-19 weather 

Posted
2 minutes ago, The PIT said:

A mostly cloudy mild morning dry after early rain

Max temp so far 9.4C, Baromter 997mb rising slowly, Wind F2 SSW, Rainfall since midnight 5.6mm

Wrong thread mate!

Posted
18 hours ago, nick sussex said:

Yes it’s a nonsense . 

On a different issue . What many seem to be overlooking if the spread is kept low then the NHS and other health providers in other countries  will be able to provide the best treatment .

If those become overwhelmed then the fatality rates will go up.  There simply won’t be the resources to provide the best care to all those who need it .

Unless people are in denial then surely they must realize the catastrophe in northern Italy isn’t just down to a bunch of old people ! The system is overwhelmed .

^^^^^This.

The WHO's ground investigation in China, reported a crude CFR for Wuhan of over 5% while pretty much all other regions in China were calculated as 0.7%. Wuhan, as the epicenter, experienced an uncontrolled increase of cases, for the rest of china, delay and control measures were in place.  While health care structures are able to handle case numbers, prognosis is not that bad, not good, but not that bad. When they are overwhelmed, then looking at China's numbers, there is a 7-8 fold increases in deaths. Basically for every unavoidable fatality, there will be 6 or so additional fatalities if healthcare system fails.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

"The health care system in the Italian region of Lombardy is on the brink of collapse, the head of its crisis response unit has said.

"We're now being forced to set up intensive care treatment in corridors, in operating theatres, in recovery rooms. We've emptied entire hospital sections to make space for seriously sick people," Antonio Pesenti told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

"One of the best health systems in the world, in Lombardy, is a step away from collapse," he said." (Source: BBC live)

But we in the UK will do just fine, Spike; we do, after all, have an extra £350m per week, at our disposal?...Tries to keep a straight face!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Public Health Wales confirms two cases of coronavirus both travelled together to northern Italy.

UK total 211

• Like 2

Posted

Posted
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Public Health Wales confirms two cases of coronavirus both travelled together to northern Italy.

UK total 211

I'm beginning to wonder if there is anyone that has returned from Northern Italy that does not have it?!

In some respects, this may be reassuring, as it is an indicator that the Italian case numbers must be way off and so their mortality rate is less alarming than the raw numbers suggest.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

To help the nhs we need to move to the next stage too slow the spread.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
20 minutes ago, The PIT said:

No idea how this post got in here...

I have a fair idea, you clicked reply while on this thread, then typed it, then clicked submit reply!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Back to toilets I'm afraid. I don't flush my toilet paper, I can't because the very old drains around the house can't cope with it. The pipes are ceramic and the rough patches in places cause the paper to catch, creating a blockage. When we first moved in we had two blockages that were extremely difficult and unpleasant to clear and we stopped flushing paper after that. My paper goes in a toilet bin in a bag and then into the main household waste. This is a very common practice in France where small pipe diameter can also be problematic. This is also the case in other countries. This means that there is lots of potentially infected material moving around if, as we suspect, COVID-19 can spread via faecal matter.

• Like 7