Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

That is literally disgusting behaviour.

I think you were quite restrained.

Honestly he has no comprehension of correct social etiquette. Some people just don’t give a toss about others..at all!

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Holy poo...1412 cases here now and 25 deaths.

That’s over 200 up on the morning update .  How long before more restrictions come in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
Just now, Summer Sun said:

They should be doing that everywhere.

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Zak M said:

2 weeks before lockdown has any effect, but seeing how embarassingly lax the lockdown is, I no longer have any faith in them slowing it down. Time to shut borders with Italy.

• Like 1

Posted

The UK needs to stop faffing about and put some restrictions on travel from France . The situation in France is going downhill rapidly and that was caused by the spill over from Italy .

Which will now spill over into the UK.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Breakdown of deaths by age bracket in Italy

• 29-59 - 1% 
  • 60-69 - 10%
  • 70-79 - 31%
  • 80-89 - 44%
  • over 90 - 14%
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I’d be heading for the comfort food ! I do eat some healthy things but I think low fat food at stressful times is bad for the soul ! 

Chocolate , crisps , I have a soft spot for batchelors pasta n sauce which friends bring over for the UK for me !

My go to sort of healthy/comfort is Nairns cheese oatcakes , absolutely delicious .

For alcohol Bushmills whiskey with honey is amazing , you can only seem to find that though in duty frees on some ferries .

My UK trip is now cancelled so I’m going to have to start rationing that ! 

I'm sticking to my veggies - but I did add some lovely poulet roti which I made last night. Mylo was very pleased with the leftovers, minus the skin.

I don't drink alcohol anymore. I used to and was quite partial to the odd "uisce beatha" but I never tried it with honey. Sounds nice.

My comfort food is peanut butter on either oatcakes, crispbread or galletes de mais. It's hard to get here but my English client today said I could order fairly cheaply on Amazon so I will - I only eat the 100% peanut stuff, no palm oil or anything else and this is the ticket. Order going in tonight!

Why have you cancelled your UK trip?

• Like 3

Posted
18 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I am sure you are right, i'm of the opinion China tried to censor news of this virus,for example,the doctor who  died who tried to get the message out and was reprimanded by the communist party and is now suddenly a state hero, something very suspicious IMO...

And several of his colleagues are dead, all younger than the typical victims....mmmm

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I guess those that are over 90 are fairly healthy or would have dropped of something else.

Posted
15 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Given I work in Education, if the schools are shut down, I will have plenty of time to kill so a fair chance I probably will end up doing so in that scenario!

Each to their own, but I can think of far nicer things to do.

Posted
Just now, beatpete said:

And several of his colleagues are dead, all younger than the typical victims....mmmm

Exactly...

Something not adding up...

And i don' t trust them, have a read of some of the Amnesty stuff about China, its not pleasant.

Posted
Just now, beatpete said:

Doctors and nurses will be exposed multiple times and so get a quicker dose of the virus from which to multiply. Most people may take a few days to generate sufficient numbers by which time your immune system is attempting to combat.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
12 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

That’s over 200 up on the morning update .  How long before more restrictions come in.

I'm beginning to think that I need to get my OH over here sooner rather than later. He's booked for April 2, the day before his birthday. LBA flights don't start until March 29 but I can pay a bloody fortune and get him over as early as this Sunday from MAN...

Posted
8 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

What a disgrace their system and administration is!

I read earlier they have got the worst track record of testing per million people in the entire world...worse than ALL other countries (and that is including some pretty desperately poor countries!!) Disgrace.

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Two months??????

Thats not good.

Depends on the individuals point of view.

From Trump's point of view, it means a lack of cases until mid May, by which time the virus might be struggling with seasonality........

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, summer blizzard said:

Doctors and nurses will be exposed multiple times and so get a quicker dose of the virus from which to multiply. Most people may take a few days to generate sufficient numbers by which time your immune system is attempting to combat.

Do you trust them SB? They put millions in concentration camps, just as bad as North Korea if you happen to believe in God, they are capable of anything.