Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
Just now, swebby said:

Depends on the individuals point of view.

From Trump's point of view, it means a lack of cases until mid May, by which time the virus might be struggling with seasonality........

I don't care for Trump.

My opinions of Trump would probably breach the swear filter.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I'm sticking to my veggies - but I did add some lovely poulet roti which I made last night. Mylo was very pleased with the leftovers, minus the skin.

I don't drink alcohol anymore. I used to and was quite partial to the odd "uisce beatha" but I never tried it with honey. Sounds nice.

My comfort food is peanut butter on either oatcakes, crispbread or galletes de mais. It's hard to get here but my English client today said I could order fairly cheaply on Amazon so I will - I only eat the 100% peanut stuff, no palm oil or anything else and this is the ticket. Order going in tonight!

Why have you cancelled your UK trip?

Several reasons . I was due to go with friends later in March , in two weeks time .

The primary reason .One of my friends is over 70 who has asthma . The concern was getting there and back two ferries , hotels on the way up so that’s mingling with a lot of people .

Also not sure how bad the situation might be by then , what if restrictions do go up . What if we can’t get back ! 

That  might sound a bit outlandish but who knows what might happen .

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Explain 

'Explain'?? 

I have 3 cases 3 miles from where I sit.  Everything is normal, no restrictions, nothing different at work (I work with vulnerable adults of all ages and disabilities) hospital appointments for me are still coming to my door.

everything is normal......that's the trouble

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
Just now, nick sussex said:

Several reasons . I was due to go with friends later in March , in two weeks time .

The primary reason .One of my friends is over 70 who has asthma . The concern was getting there and back two ferries , hotels on the way up so that’s mingling with a lot of people .

Also not sure how bad the situation might be by then , what if restrictions do go up . What if we can’t get back ! 

That  might sound a bit outlandish but who knows what might happen .

Sensible choice.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, swebby said:

From Trump's point of view, it means a lack of cases until mid May, by which time the virus might be struggling with seasonality........

Depends on whether it goes the Italy route and blows up and starts taking 100s of deaths a day. Going to be hard for them to hide that, the outrage might finish Trump's election chances if it goes wrong. Heck of a gamble in that case!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, ArHu3 said:

If you don't know if you have a pre-existing condition than you most likely don't. 

I do but blood pressure and oxygen saturation is fine, my med gives me very high white blood cell count though, and I'm not sure whether ms is an existing condition that needs to be worried about or not. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, beatpete said:

And several of his colleagues are dead, all younger than the typical victims....mmmm

Oh they were one hundred percent bumped off but that’s a whole ‘nother discussion 

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me

Washington is going to see an explosion of cases! Nevermind shaking hands with 500 followers he has put bread into their gobs with his infected grubby hands...

BREAKING: A D.C. priest has Coronavirus. He offered communion and shook hands with more than 500 worshippers last week and on February 24th. All worshippers who visited the Christ Church in Georgetown must self-quarantine. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Quite a sad read from a doctor in Italy, having to choose which patients die and which get help.

105641956_104941970.jpg
WWW.BRUSSELSTIMES.COM

An Italian doctor in Lombardy, a region of Italy that has been quarantined due to the new coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak...

That’s incredibly sad . Being forced to make those decisions , the stress and the guilt.

• Like 4

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Washington is going to see an explosion of cases! Nevermind shaking hands with 500 followers he has put bread into their gobs with his infected grubby hands...

BREAKING: A D.C. priest has Coronavirus. He offered communion and shook hands with more than 500 worshippers last week and on February 24th. All worshippers who visited the Christ Church in Georgetown must self-quarantine. 

We were debating this the other day .  The church community is acting recklessly  , they  refuse to show any common sense or caring for their parishioners .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
9 minutes ago, swebby said:

I guess we will see the consequences of doing very little over there. If it explodes over in the states then frankly the efforts everyone other country is making will be pointless. If millions become infected, would the world seriously considers closing its doors to the US???

utterly shocking to see how poorly they are prepared for this even now.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

That’s incredibly sad . Being forced to make those decisions , the stress and the guilt.

Grim.

I had news today that one of my clients who had gone into hospital two weeks ago has died. Not a family member or a relative or a close friend, but when you intimately care for someone for many weeks and try to support their loved one it is still a real hurt. I dropped in on his wife on my way home this evening and she is stoical and strong, as he would have wanted her to be.

I cannot imagine how those incredibly brave and selfless healthcare workers must feel.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
9 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Quite a sad read from a doctor in Italy, having to choose which patients die and which get help.

105641956_104941970.jpg
WWW.BRUSSELSTIMES.COM

An Italian doctor in Lombardy, a region of Italy that has been quarantined due to the new coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak...

Wow. That’s incredibly heartbreaking.

Imagine being the relatives of the one that got turned down to treatment.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

'Explain'?? 

I have 3 cases 3 miles from where I sit.  Everything is normal, no restrictions, nothing different at work (I work with vulnerable adults of all ages and disabilities) hospital appointments for me are still coming to my door.

everything is normal......that's the trouble

Should have said that in the first place then I would not have enquired. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Breaking: Italy will suspend all professional sports activities and public mass gatherings until April 3rd

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: Italy will suspend all professional sports activities and public mass gatherings until April 3rd

Another step that Italy needs to do for sure, still think they need to really go harder on this quarantine, suspend all international flights in and out of the zone for the time being.

Wuhan did similar and it does seem to have had an impact.

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me

America are so unprepared for this and have shown already that they will not help those without health insurance.

I dread to think what the bill will be for treatment if you are unlucky enough to catch the virus and survive.

Hooray for NHS

Posted
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

What happens with  champions league  euro  etc? 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

No choice now.They are going down the road of full lockdown now..

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Depends on the situation I'd have thought, maybe if they want to continue they can play it a neutral stadium, however if things start to really pop like it looks like they might, there will be tough decisions to make.

Juventus vs Lyon for example won't take place at home.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Good question.

• Like 1