Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
10 minutes ago, swebby said:

Unfortunately that is not quite the case. Over 40% of people with hypertension will be unaware.  

Hypertension is just a risk factor for cardiovascular disease, it is not what they mean. You'd have to think of conditions like chronic cardiac failure or copd

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

My stupidity knew no bounds in the old days and i am paying with it now due to mental and physical health, if any young people are viewing this, don't do any of the 3 things i mentioned in that post and do any fags or beer in moderation only.

We have all done things we regret matey, thats part of maturing.

Your'e a good guy, i know that

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It's nothing to do with the virus, it's that fact that dogs like to stick their noses and tongues up other dogs rear ends.

And there owners   only  the other day my dog   

Posted
5 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

My stupidity knew no bounds in the old days and i am paying with it now due to mental and physical health, if any young people are viewing this, don't do any of the 3 things i mentioned in that post and do any fags or beer in moderation only.

The fags will do the most harm though...

Posted
2 minutes ago, Donegal said:

China's disgusting Wet markets and how it's a hotbed for new viruses/potential pandemics explained. The World needs to exert serious pressure on them to prevent them from opening these disgusting abominations again. It would actual anger you they reopened them after Sars 2003

I believe they have now banned them.

Too late for thousands of people though..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, beatpete said:

The fags will do the most harm though...

Yes of course if you smoke 20 a day, but that's why i said moderation.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

That shop will have bread, noodles, eggs, milk and weetabix. Not the most exciting diet but capable of sustaining one. 

Posted
Just now, mountain shadow said:

Not in Northern Ireland they ain't.  

I just find it hard to undrrstand .CMO says screening not effective, stopping the flights will at the very least help with containment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Not in Northern Ireland they ain't.  

Not the same country to be fair.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Put an otherwise healthy elderly in a hospital and they run a significant risk of dying, why do you think broken hips are one of the biggest reasons for mortality in the elderly? Most of these people were otherwise healthy until the carnivore fell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
1 minute ago, summer blizzard said:

That shop will have bread, noodles, eggs, milk and weetabix. Not the most exciting diet but capable of sustaining one. 

God forbid if it ran out of bread, there would be a riot,   

Edited by snefnug

Posted
40 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Glad I'm not the only one who internally heaves when they see someone doing that. Rank.

Same with french kissing in people....disgusting! 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, matty40s said:

It's nothing to do with the virus, it's that fact that dogs like to stick their noses and tongues up other dogs rear ends.

This thread really is Laugh Out Loud at times.

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Because dog kisses are special! My dog kisses on request but it's always just on the lips.

Mmmnn?  Knowing what my dogs use to like licking I am not sure I would want a kiss from them on my face in particular. 

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Hancock said last week that the government could increase beds spare with oxygen from 15 to 5000. Not sure how exactly but that suggests we can theoretically handle about 50,000 active cases assuming the 20% critical rate.

Hi Summer blizzard, not sure what that means exactly or if that is a typo? Are you be able to elaborate on that please?

NHS England are meant to have 6000 ICU beds which is inclusive of pediatrics and neo-natal, but tend to run at 70-90% occupancy, so 600-1800 spare bed capacity on any given day. Occupancy can be reduced by cancelling elective surgery, bot not to the point of freeing all 6,000 up. 

An ICU bed will be different from a bed with oxygen to hand, but maybe oxygen to hand is all that is needed for many hospitalisation cases?

No idea how many of the ICU beds will have mechanically assisted breathing, intubation or blood oxygenating facilities.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, snefnug said:

God forbid if it ran out of bread, there would be a riot,   

Just let them eat cake  

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

I've stockpilled a reasonable amount of essentials, still got a few bits I want to get but I won't starve for sure.

Unfortunately this disease looks like its praying on the weaker and vulnerable of our society. 

France up 202 cases, so not quite running away like Italy is either, but still a steady rise.

ps - world deaths upto 4000

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
12 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Someone who works at the hospital just 2mins walk from here has got the virus. I'm not too fussed though, as I don't use it for my doctors appointments.

I'd be worried for the hospital worker, though. You're not setting a very good example as Forum staff by encouraging an egocentric response/approach to this communal problem.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, swebby said:

Hi Summer blizzard, not sure what that means exactly or if that is a typo? Are you be able to elaborate on that please?

NHS England are meant to have 6000 ICU beds which is inclusive of pediatrics and neo-natal, but tend to run at 70-90% occupancy, so 600-1800 spare bed capacity on any given day. Occupancy can be reduced by cancelling elective surgery, bot not to the point of freeing all 6,000 up. 

An ICU bed will be different from a bed with oxygen to hand, but maybe oxygen to hand is all that is needed for many hospitalisation cases?

No idea how many of the ICU beds will have mechanically assisted breathing, intubation or blood oxygenating facilities.

It was an interview so not specific but the tone of the conversation suggests they'd be additional. 

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

As I said earlier, we all need to know our numbers! You can have a BP test at the pharmacy, anyone who doesn't avail and know what's happening in their body is...

Had a blood pressure monitor for ages and use it from time to time.  Easy to get paranoid using it. I personally might go weeks between using it. 

Posted
Just now, swebby said:

The NHS would not cope with a huge uptick in cases of people needing critical care.

People will be dying at home,its that simple, there just isn't enough beds to go round.

Lombardy at breaking point and the numbers of sick are increasing every day.

• Like 2