Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
Just now, jonboy said:

It is clear that you may have an underlying condition that might not be life threatening or any immediate danger to yourself but if you catch this virus your prognosis immediately changes to one of imminent danger to ones health and wellbeing. Not everyone knows if they have an underlying condition that could be nasty if you catch Covid-19. 

It is not the fact that on its own within a healthy population that covid-19 would be a mild disease but its how it interacts with other conditions. 

We are a long way from seeing the end of this and I fear that many of my disabled friends and acquaintances will not survive. 

Good points .

The best analogy I’ve seen is that this disease preys on other diseases . The reason age here is such an indicator is simply because older people tend to have one or more existing conditions .

The lack of oxygen to organs as pneumonia takes hold then is more destructive to people with some conditions , so even if say your hearts okay you might suffer organ failure elsewhere .

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Zak M said:

I have no time for  Bozo but in his defence there’s been some editing there to skew what he said . So in this instance that has been an attempt to distort what he said.

In the full clip it’s clear that’s not what he meant .

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 8

Posted
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Funny peoples interpretation of things. 

I think the persons avatar probably gives a hint of their political point of view...

Anyhow, clear we will be going to delay sooner rather than later, the govt is just buying themsevles time to decide exactly what the battle plan needs to be.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Deputées (MPs) have now got five cases among them here in France.

The St. Patrick's Day parade in Dublin has been cancelled (forgive me if this has already been posted but it's hard to keep up when you get in from work!).

They are requiring people here to sign in and out of care homes so that any contacts can be traced in the event of infection.

Lots of events cancelled in the Limoges area including concerts, markets and exhibitions.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Chief Medical Officer: From tomorrow everyone in hospital with pneumonia or respiratory tract infection will be tested for Coronavirus.

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

I think the persons avatar probably gives a hint of their political point of view...

Anyhow, clear we will be going to delay sooner rather than later, the govt is just buying themsevles time to decide exactly what the battle plan needs to be.

Sorry what do you mean as it was a reply to my posting?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

scum

My husband works at a leisure centre.Got in this morning and all the loo rolls had been pinched! They only have enough hand sanitiser until tomorrow,hoping for a delivery by then!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
7 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

scum

I am not a person of religious faith and I do not believe in anything supernatural to what we have here on our planet. I do believe, however, that when you surround yourself with negativity and inhumanity, just the psychology of it eventually comes back to bite you on the bum. Let's hope so.

• Like 5

Posted

From the Boris presser one of the guys next to him has said airport screening has little effect

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I have no time for  Bozo but in his defence there’s been some editing there to skew what he said . So in this instance that has been an attempt to distort what he said.

Yep, far from a fan but the clip has been taken way out of context.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
7 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Basically the guy, Max Jensen, is a full-on, anti-Brexit, anti-Johnson, highly politically motivated guy. Not saying he's not entitled to his views  but his tweets from last few months are very anti-Boris.

If people are going to post tweets why not do some due diligence first, to ensure balance.

• Like 5

Posted

I really hope we just carry on calmly discussing the topic and not try to push our own very important points of view. No one person is right!  Apart from me of course.

• Like 3

Posted
23 minutes ago, jonboy said:

It is clear that you may have an underlying condition that might not be life threatening or any immediate danger to yourself but if you catch this virus your prognosis immediately changes to one of imminent danger to ones health and wellbeing. Not everyone knows if they have an underlying condition that could be nasty if you catch Covid-19. 

It is not the fact that on its own within a healthy population that covid-19 would be a mild disease but its how it interacts with other conditions. 

We are a long way from seeing the end of this and I fear that many of my disabled friends and acquaintances will not survive. 

If you don't know if you have a pre-existing condition than you most likely don't. 

Posted

Chief Scientific Offficer: Airport screening not actually very effective, that's why not focussing on it.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Everybody?

1) - I assume  no sick note will be required?

2) - Self employed and zero hour contract workers will be reimbursed how? Asking them to do this because they have a common cold/hayfever and then lose a weeks pay is going to work how?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Basically the guy, Max Jensen, is a full-on, anti-Brexit, anti-Johnson, highly politically motivated guy. Not saying he's not entitled to his views  but his tweets from last few months are very anti-Boris.

If people are going to post tweets why not do some due diligence first, to ensure balance.

Well, as you may have guessed :oldlaugh:, I'm all of those things too; but sometimes, and I think this is one of those times, blows as low as that one cannot be tolerated...IMO, Twitter needs take a good, long look at itself!:oldangry:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

• Like 3