Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

The French Culture Minister has now tested positive - we'll have no bloomin' government left here in another 10 days!

All Italian ski stations have closed.

300 cases in Île-de-France which is the wider area around Paris - not additional to the daily total but noteworthy because of the level of commuting in and out of the metropolitain area.

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Good question.

Champions league matches held in Spain, France, Gernany and Italy will be behind closed doors.

Matches in the UK on as normal, let's spread the virus to 50,000 people inside Anfield etc...no logic to this country at times

Edited by Delete Me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Just now, Paul Faulkner said:

Champions league matches held in Spain, France, Gernany and Italy will be behind closed doors.

Matches in the UK on as normal, let's spread the virus to 50,000 people inside Anfield etc

This weeks CL match in Germany for Spurs is going to be played with fans as things stand

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Now it is confirmed what i always thought,up to half if not 65 to 70 percent of the UK population are thick. Panic buying of any commodity creates a shortage,fact. Panic buying of hand sanitiser is on a new level of stupidity. If the person behind you in the queue at the checkout can't get that product because you've just bought of the last 5 on the shelf that person can't protect themselves against infection,hence you will still get it!....its not rocket science just lack of intelligence or just pig ignorance. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Twitter has it's own thread

https://twitter.com/i/events/1219057585707315201

there has been some grim reading in here again today,what is the UK gov doing!!!

we need to act fast  NOW,can they not see what is going on in other countries!

i read that the other day that this virus has an incubation period,i don't want to alarm folk but quiet a few of us brits will be undetected and would only be a matter of time that things could escalate quiet quickly here.

i sure hope that i am wrong but we all need to keep vigilant on this as i am sure most of us are

i still see people at work going to the toilet without washing there hands and i pull them about it but some just fob you off as if they don't care or they are saying i wan't catch it,what utter tosses,it's people like this that spread diseases and i wonder why!

• Like 4

Guest Delete Me
Just now, feb1991blizzard said:

Saw this earlier and whilst John is right, it's too late for those with a proper deficiency.

I recommend everyone boosts their vitamin C, B6, D, E though

Posted
7 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Matches in the UK on as normal, let's spread the virus to 50,000 people inside Anfield etc...no logic to this country at times

I've heard Juventus have asked Malta FA if they could play there but have not heard back yet, I suspect Juventus will try and find somewhere else to play the match on a neutral pitch, however the situation across other European countries may not be much better by that point.

By the way, what a perfect storm for oil to drop, demand for Q1 and likely Q2 declining and a large increase in supply about to come through as things stand in the start of April, so could be seeing some very low pump prices coming down the line.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Vit D

Face and sleeveless shirt in full UK sun for 20 mins.......And why not tan your mushrooms whilst you're at it?

Their skin absorbs it and You 'absorb them!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Saw this earlier and whilst John is right, it's too late for those with a proper deficiency.

Is it too late now for me, i never have curtains open and when  i do go out  it is usually cloudy and wet here, i would suggest we have low sunshine hours anomaly compared to most of Britain, i eat really unhealthy, have no fruit whatsoever and just east meat, so if i quickly started ramming vitamin D down me now, would it be too late to prevent coronavirus?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
8 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Indeed. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but anyone would think they want it to spread.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Hi, I am trying to find the Tweet re clades  and have been through ten or so pages, without success.  Can someone repost or tell me how to search for it please?

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Just eat healthily, it's enough for most people...

• Like 2

Posted

Just received the following text from my GP surgery: 

“Latest NHS coronavirus guidance now states the following: 1. All online booking appointments are to be suspended. 2. If you have been in contact with anyone that has been abroad in the last two weeks and experiencing flu like symptoms or breathing difficulties - DO NOT attend the surgery. 3. For info and advice please visit www.nhs.uk or call NHS 111.” 

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Is it too late now for me, i never have curtains open and when  i do go out  it is usually cloudy and wet here, i would suggest we have low sunshine hours anomaly compared to most of Britain, i eat really unhealthy, have no fruit whatsoever and just east meat, so if i quickly started ramming vitamin D down me now, would it be too late to prevent coronavirus?

Nothing is too late as long as you are still alive! Get eating fruit and veg. Lot of green leaves like spinach and cabbage - preferably raw. It tastes good if you use lemon juice and pepper as seasoning. Cook it gently if you must. Please look after yourself - you're a precious human being.

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, Spikecollie said:

Nothing is too late as long as you are still alive! Get eating fruit and veg. Lot of green leaves like spinach and cabbage - preferably raw. It tastes good if you use lemon juice and pepper as seasoning. Cook it gently if you must. Please look after yourself - your a precious human being.

Thanks for that but i don't like any of those foods, but just wondering if ramming a load of vitamin D overdose tablets down me will prevent coronavirus or not, or would it take months and years?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
2 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Comparing Coronavirus to cancer and heart disease is the most ridiculous thing ever, you cannot catch cancer or heart disease for one, and certainly with heart attacks and strokes you can dramatically reduce the risk, if everone is spreading CV around by being irresposible, no matter how much precaution you take, you will get it eventually.

Well I wouldn't have used the word 'ridiculous' but you're entitled to your opinion.

I agree that you can't 'catch' cancer or heart disease BUT you can do a lot of things to avoid getting them including giving up smoking, not drinking to excess, getting enough exercise, eating healthily, avoiding sun beds etc etc.  

The point I was hoping to make is that the press don't hammer us with the numbers of deaths from cancer or heart disease (or any other cause of death) every hour of every day and perhaps if they DID we all might take more notice and the numbers of deaths from these other causes might be driven down.  

If the press and TV believe that all these scary statistics are good for us, why don't they release figures every day for all other causes of death most of which are far more lethal and, in many cases, are capable of being reduced even if they can't be eliminated altogether?  That includes cancer and heart disease.

Answer?  They don't care if it's good for us or not.  But it is good for getting their numbers up and selling more advertising.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Should have said that in the first place then I would not have enquired. 

Plus my elderly mother lives with me, and she has asthma and has damaged lungs from TB as a child

Posted
1 minute ago, saint said:

Just received the following text from my GP surgery: 

“Latest NHS coronavirus guidance now states the following: 1. All online booking appointments are to be suspended. 2. If you have been in contact with anyone that has been abroad in the last two weeks and experiencing flu like symptoms or breathing difficulties - DO NOT attend the surgery. 3. For info and advice please visit www.nhs.uk or call NHS 111.” 

Anecdotal alert:

Wifey met friends today for lunch. Friend's daughter is A&E nurse at our large North Bristol hosp. Even on Saturday, her last shift, people were still turning up at A&E saying they had certain symptoms and could it be COVID-19? Muppets!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

One thing I'm glad I'm no longer a carer. Would be going nuts right now. At the moment it seems our Government are twiddling their thumbs and hoping things will run their course. Time will tell if they get away with it or not.

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I do but blood pressure and oxygen saturation is fine, my med gives me very high white blood cell count though, and I'm not sure whether ms is an existing condition that needs to be worried about or not. 

Ask your doc probably best to take precautions in your case 

Stay safe 

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me

Taking a vitamin D supplement every day would increase levels but only a couple of months down the line, you wont see instant results.