Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
45 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: All of Italy declared a Convid 19 red zone

Wow. I guess that is our friends skiing holiday goosed. They were leaving on Friday and thinking that they just would be ok as they were to fly to Turin and ski at  Courmayeur, both just outside the previous lockdown areas. Not going to be happy.

Meanwhile our neighbours are leaving tomorrow for a round the world trip as the Mrs has just got a retirement deal. Heading to SE Asia including Vietnam and Cambodia via the Middle East then on to Aus and NZ before across to South America and up to the States. Somehow I think that there may be problems ahead for them?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
4 minutes ago, Azazel said:

My friends escaped the country shutdown by 12 hours. Whether they self isolate or not now remains to be seen.

They should of(if they have there heads screwed on)even if they didn't have symptoms.

have you not asked them?

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
2 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Wow. I guess that is our friends skiing holiday goosed. They were leaving on Friday and thinking that they just would be ok as they were to fly to Turin and ski at  Courmayeur, both just outside the previous lockdown areas. Not going to be happy.

Meanwhile our neighbours are leaving tomorrow for a round the world trip as the Mrs has just got a retirement deal. Heading to SE Asia including Vietnam and Cambodia via the Middle East then on to Aus and NZ before across to South America and up to the States. Somehow I think that there may be problems ahead for them?

Not something I'd like to be doing at the moment it's certainly a risk but what can you really do? It will be a once in a lifetime trip that's cost a fortune and probably no way of cancelling it.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Not something I'd like to be doing at the moment it's certainly a risk but what can you really do? It will be a once in a lifetime trip that's cost a fortune and probably no way of cancelling it.

Your health is your wealth..

• Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, Norrance said:

I sincerely hope they have a good time with no bumps along the way,bless them.

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

They should of(if they have there heads screwed on)even if they didn't have symptoms.

have you not asked them?

Yeah several times. They find the whole thing hilarious. Thankfully they both have tomorrow off so hopefully by then they’ll come around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
37 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Doing what, though, as I asked just before?

Banning/suspending most events or activities, like what @Donegal said somewhere.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Or now is a time when not being part of Europe and being on an island is helping...

If the gov went to the same lengths as Italy at any stage it will cause serious problems.

I think we are just putting off the inevitable, a 2 week break now and I can't see why financial markets can't shut too? Would have a massive benefit in delaying the spread until the warmer weather.

I do believe humans are adding to the problem by creating its on virtual disaster via the financial markets.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone for a castaway on a remote island?

we are on a island but i hope that we don't do something stupid

1490856263_source(1).thumb.gif.f0340154d1a5159a1e4c8bb26e1823fe.gif

night all.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Talking of Turkey.

212878E9181B4995944CD68BA8B1FBE1.jpg?w=1
BALTIMORE.CBSLOCAL.COM

An 86-year-old woman from Harford County is believed to be the first person in the world to have contracted the coronavirus from traveling in Turkey.

• Like 5

Posted

The situation in Italy is unprecedented. The problem for the UK government now is allowing events like the Cheltenham festival to go ahead even if the correct decision is a lose situation.

People from all over the country in close confines , lots of alcohol so people might not be so worried after a few drinks and then all those people going back home .

• Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

It is official probably the last time we had measures like this was during Black Death? Even during Spanish flu I don’t believe countries were locked down.

Verily sires, being of fever'd brow I today took to visiting Ye Olde Shoppe and the foul crone at the counter said unto me that not half a day  previous a mobbe of villeins had descended on her abode and swept the shelves of all nettle gel and extra thicke parchment for rendering a clean fundament.  I shall provide a picture on completion of my humble scribble.

Truely we are bereft.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
4 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The situation in Italy is unprecedented. The problem for the UK government now is allowing events like the Cheltenham festival to go ahead even if the correct decision is a lose situation.

People from all over the country in close confines , lots of alcohol so people might not be so worried after a few drinks and then all those people going back home .

I don't think the red can possibly have a correlation with the purple to be honest.

Posted
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It's a gathering to the thousands,this shouldn't happen...prompto.

not all of us know if we have the symptoms due to the incubation period

how are you over there Nick?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Belfast City Council has now followed Dublin, Cork etc and cancelled the St.Patricks Day parade.

Now Boston has cancelled the St Patrick's parade as well.

image.thumb.png.45e76091226ca623ca1a5cd97ecfcfe8.png

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

right now the US can only test 0.025% of its population.....

Makes it sound like the American Government is now calling it's people 'Specimens'

• Like 1

Posted

Had a quick scan through the last few pages and I have a question...

Saw a bit of BBC news channel at lunchtime (working from home at least has the benefit of lunch on the sofa!) and they had some sort of “expert” in answering questions sent in by the public. 

One of them was along the lines of “seeing as we now have community spread, why are we still mainly testing people who have been abroad, and not those exhibiting symptoms who have not travelled?”

He didn’t answer the question at all, instead stating that “we’ve tested thousands of people and only 319 were positive” - I spoke to my tv at this point, asking him to just answer the question!

Which brings me back to my question...if they aren’t testing people with all the symptoms because they haven’t been abroad, are the numbers artificially low? 

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 5

Posted

Just read that Cyprus had its first two cases and interestingly one of them got it in the UK. We have definitely missed a lot of cases for this to be happening. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

Cheltenham won't happen imo.

It starts tomorrow,that would be a drastic turn around if it didn't happen,i hope it doesn't happen though too.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I don't think the red can possibly have a correlation with the purple to be honest.

Well I understand that . The thing is we just don’t know . The governments health experts are doing their best but no one really knows how many cases are out there .