Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
6 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Thanks for that but i don't like any of those foods, but just wondering if ramming a load of vitamin D overdose tablets down me will prevent coronavirus or not, or would it take months and years?

Vitamin D3 is fat soluble so if you decide to take it it's best with some fat like oil or butter for it to work properly. And if possible take D3 along with K2. It stops calcification in the body as D3 increases calcium levels.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Thanks for that but i don't like any of those foods, but just wondering if ramming a load of vitamin D overdose tablets down me will prevent coronavirus or not, or would it take months and years?

Vitamins in bulk and taken as artificial supplements are rarely the answer. Vitamins and minerals need others to be absorbed properly and to do their jobs (I'm keeping this simple). Most of what you need you will get from a good diet but there would probably be no harm in taking a multivitamin supplement if your diet is/has been lacking. No vitamin will stop an infection. They are just chemicals that help our cells regerenate and keep our bodies in optimum condition to maintain health and fight infection. You might not like those foods now but little and often and you will acquire a taste. Your body will soon tell you what it likes and dislikes and before long you'll be eating just what you need not what you want or crave.

You mentioned before that you drink a lot of alcohol. Eggs have a lot of cysteine which is very good for your liver. Go easy on vitamin C, it is hard on your liver.

I went through a very dark period several years ago where I was drinking too much because I was depressed and anxious. My wake up call was a blood test which showed elevated liver enzymes and I never looked back. I don't drink any alcohol now and have never felt better. I run, cycle and do Canicross. I have super blood pressure, no liver problems and a very healthy heart! Go for it...

• Like 4

Posted
19 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Vit D

Face and sleeveless shirt in full UK sun for 20 mins.......And why not tan your mushrooms whilst you're at it?

Their skin absorbs it and You 'absorb them!!! 

We,ve not had 20 mins of sun here in Wales for decades....dam.... Will rain wash it away?

Edited by beatpete
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Hey Feb, you will probably last till 90 mate. Being as you drink and smoke, you will destroy a good intake of all vitamins, and especially vitamin C! If your diet is poor, you will be lacking in most vitamins and minerals mate. Be careful with to much meat, especially if its of the red variety, your talking major lipids destroyer. I would take a good dose of vit c with added zinc. This has been researched for many years, and there is some evidence that high dose vit c supplementation on the onset of a cold can reduce the severity and the duration of the cold.. Fingers crossed touch wood, I've done this for a fair few years and can't even remember the last time I was bed ridden with flu. Usually just sinus probs with me and the GAD which tends to make me feel a bit out of sorts at times. Just had a confirmed case a couple of miles from here now.. But I'm gonna try not to stress. Take care all of ya. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

Vitamins in bulk and taken as artificial supplements are rarely the answer. Vitamins and minerals need others to be absorbed properly and to do their jobs (I'm keeping this simple). Most of what you need you will get from a good diet but there would probably be no harm in taking a multivitamin supplement if your diet is/has been lacking. No vitamin will stop an infection. They are just chemicals that help our cells regerenate and keep our bodies in optimum condition to maintain health and fight infection. You might not like those foods now but little and often and you will acquire a taste. Your body will soon tell you what it likes and dislikes and before long you'll be eating just what you need not what you want or crave.

You mentioned before that you drink a lot of alcohol. Eggs have a lot of cysteine which is very good for your liver. Go easy on vitamin C, it is hard on your liver.

I went through a very dark period several years ago where I was drinking too much because I was depressed and anxious. My wake up call was a blood test which showed elevated liver enzymes and I never looked back. I don't drink any alcohol now and have never felt better. I run, cycle and do Canicross. I have super blood pressure, no liver problems and a very healthy heart! Go for it...

Yes i have high scores, LFT - 58 - t-bili mid 20's, that was 4 years ago but have drunk between 60-100 units a week ever since and been doing it for 20 years now.

Posted

Yes i have high scores, LFT - 58 - t-bili mid 20's, that was 4 years ago but have drunk between 60-100 units a week ever since and been doing it for 20 years now.

Don't just stop - it could be dangerous for you - but taper your units very gradually. 60- 50- 40 -30 - 20 - 10 - 0. You can do it. Ask yourself, honestly, why do you drink? If you need help with depression/anxiety/loneliness it is readily available...

Don't want to get too off topic, but PM me if you want to discuss further...

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 9

Posted
Just now, Frost HoIIow said:

With this virus circulating I think it's fantastic we're sharing knowledge of health to help each other. Netweather is a great community and tonight proves it 

This whole episode has really been quite great on here, as a long time veteran who pops up from time to time (I come and go due to how busy I often am, but this is far too engaging to not be looking at) and I feel like a great balance has been struck on here between legitimate worry and concern (but I've not seen too much doomsday stuff) and also realistic advice and ideas without perhaps papering over what is really happening.

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

Don't just stop - it could be dangerous for you - but taper your units very gradually. 60- 50- 40 -30 - 20 - 10 - 0. You can do it. Ask yourself,honestly, why do you drink? 

Agree with first point, had to just stop the once as my eyes went bright yellow, thought i had liver failure but got severe alcohol withdrawal symptoms (delirium) - severe hallucinations but while i needed drink, i thought my liver would fail, never properly diagnosed although did go to hospital, i am pretty sure now the yellow eyes were caused by a bout of acute pancreatitis, thats  the only explanation as yellow eyes due to liver problems through drink is nearly always chronic and permanent and not temporary and acute like pancreatitis, in pancreatitis the pancreas becomes inflamed and so can squeeze the sphincter of odi where the i think its called the common bile duct meats up with the pancreatic duct and so forces the bile back up, bile then fills the biliary tree and spills back into the bloodstream - usually would be conjugated bili as its already been through the liver.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Unbelievable, you think it was the Boxing Day sales

Is that in the UK? I can't tell. I would never be able to cope in an environment like that, I'd be out of there with an empty trolley. That is madness...

Guest Delete Me
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Aldi / Lidl with a slight breach of personal data there lol

Posted

Agree with first point, had to just stop the once as my eyes went bright yellow, thought i had liver failure but got severe alcohol withdrawal symptoms (delirium) - severe hallucinations but while i needed drink, i thought my liver would fail, never properly diagnosed although did go to hospital, i am pretty sure now the yellow eyes were caused by a bout of acute pancreatitis, thats  the only explanation as yellow eyes due to liver problems through drink is nearly always chronic and permanent and not temporary and acute like pancreatitis, in pancreatitis the pancreas becomes inflamed and so can squeeze the sphincter of odi where the i think its called the common bile duct meats up with the pancreatic duct and so forces the bile back up, bile then fills the biliary tree and spills back into the bloodstream - usually would be conjugated bili as its already been through the liver.

PM me to discuss further. We can't divert this topic...

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Aldi / Lidl with a slight breach of personal data there lol

For the Universe's sake! Where? North, south, midlands? You can see the FOMO effect taking place- one grabs another follows...

As I said earlier, although in no way a religious believer and firmly scientific in belief - the psychological ripples that these people create will bite them on the bum eventually a - handshake from someome to whom they have denied sanitiser by buying it all up, or someone who has poo all over their paws through lack of bog roll and no idea that you can use the shower!

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Geoff Bennett @GeoffRBennett

Rep. Doug Collins — now voluntarily in self-quarantine after interacting with a coronavirus-infected person at CPAC — shook hands with President Trump on Friday ahead of his CDC visit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
57 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Champions league matches held in Spain, France, Gernany and Italy will be behind closed doors.

Matches in the UK on as normal, let's spread the virus to 50,000 people inside Anfield etc...no logic to this country at times

Not quite true mate...

Three of my mates are over there just now - having a fantastic time.
Over forty thousand fans at the game tomorrow.

Sad thing is my mates are Spurs fans with tickets for the game...they probably wish it was cancelled due to recent form. 

Anyways - first time reading this thread and it was interesting to say the least. 

All the best everyone.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, pip22 said:

Geoff Bennett @GeoffRBennett

Rep. Doug Collins — now voluntarily in self-quarantine after interacting with a coronavirus-infected person at CPAC — shook hands with President Trump on Friday ahead of his CDC visit.

There's hope yet...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
22 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I wish someone'd dub Sir David Attenbrough's 'leaf-cutter ants' commentary onto that!:wallbash:

Then again, I doubt Stanley Kubrick would like that much...?:oldlaugh:

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
13 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

With this virus circulating I think it's fantastic we're sharing knowledge of health to help each other. Netweather is a great community and tonight proves it 

Yes a great community on this site and a great thread,there are so many knowledgeable people in here and out,and i feel like we are all a big family

i view this thread more than the MAD thread nowadays,just shows how important all of this is

can you imagine all this some 20-30 years ago without the internet but just relying on other sources like tv and radio and phones,we wouldn't be worrying so much,but i am getting slightly worried now and the Gov need to act now big time

on the vit's pov,i take multi vit's daily and try to keep myself active where/when ever possible

stay safe all.

• Like 5

Posted
19 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Thought it was something out of walking dead.. I’d rather have no toilet paper then be amongst that, now that is how folk are going to get infected. It is a viscous downwards spiral, fear makes it spread more...

• Like 5

Posted
20 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Agree with first point, had to just stop the once as my eyes went bright yellow, thought i had liver failure but got severe alcohol withdrawal symptoms (delirium) - severe hallucinations but while i needed drink, i thought my liver would fail, never properly diagnosed although did go to hospital, i am pretty sure now the yellow eyes were caused by a bout of acute pancreatitis, thats  the only explanation as yellow eyes due to liver problems through drink is nearly always chronic and permanent and not temporary and acute like pancreatitis, in pancreatitis the pancreas becomes inflamed and so can squeeze the sphincter of odi where the i think its called the common bile duct meets up with the pancreatic duct and so forces the bile back up, bile then fills the biliary tree and spills back into the bloodstream - usually would be conjugated bili as its already been through the liver.