Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
5 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Yes a great community on this site and a great thread,there are so many knowledgeable people in here and out,and i feel like we are all a big family

i view this thread more than the MAD thread nowadays,just shows how important all of this is

can you imagine all this some 20-30 years ago without the internet but just relying on other sources like tv and radio and phones,we wouldn't be worrying so much,but i am getting slightly worried now and the Gov need to act now big time

on the vit's pov,i take multi vit's daily and try to keep myself active where/when ever possible

stay safe all.

You've got that beautiful hound of yours to act as personal trainer. What more do we need to keep active and keep perspective? How's she doing?

Guest Delete Me
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

It's odd how Turkey has yet to report a single case, considering its a crossroads between Asia and Europe. 

Too busy with Syria and a couple of immigrants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

It's odd how Turkey has yet to report a single case, considering its a crossroads between Asia and Europe. 

I'm pretty sure theres a few Italian holidaymakers there.

• Like 1

Posted

Italy is on the verge to approve lockdown of entire country to contain #coronavirus outbreak. People will be allowed to move in between regions only if able to prove with certificate a working or health reason good enough to justify movements

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Not odd, they have almost certainly got many cases, just not reporting it/ignoring it, similar to what our friend Trump has tried to do until those cases started in the care home.

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

Not odd, they have almost certainly got many cases, just not reporting it/ignoring it, similar to what our friend Trump has tried to do until those cases started in the care home.

I would wager the numbers in America will be well into their thousands already...

Watch those hospitals fill up over the coming days ...

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Italy is on the verge to approve lockdown of entire country to contain #coronavirus outbreak. People will be allowed to move in between regions only if able to prove with certificate a working or health reason good enough to justify movements

It'd be good if they can manage it, but that is a monumental effort, probably going to need full blown army intervention to manage that I'd have thought and I think to be honest, unless they shjut everything down (no transport, no flights, no public transport, no working, etc) its only a plaster over a weeping wound that is getting more and more infected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
15 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

You've got that beautiful hound of yours to act as personal trainer. What more do we need to keep active and keep perspective? How's she doing?

Sadly i don't think i mentioned her in that pets thread(forgot what it's called),but sadly we had to get rid of her(Lunar) as she was too big and she brought my partner down face first on the tarmac and busted all her chin open and had several stitches,it was a hard decision but she went to a good home who we know well

anyway,i don't want to derail the thread

i too smoke and drink but not to the extent some folk do,i limit myself through the week drink wise to 4 cans/bottles a night,i have done since some family trouble from the past that so i don't speak with my mum or dad and brother(personal)but i wished that it hadn't come to this

at times like this you need your family but that is too late as far as i am concerned,i do not speak to them but i wouldn't wish them dead either and certainly not with this virus

i prob would speak to them again if things got out of hand with this virus but it would be on strict terms for me.

P.S i still have storm(the male)

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

Do you trust them SB? They put millions in concentration camps, just as bad as North Korea if you happen to believe in God, they are capable of anything.

China's experience is not massively out of step with other nations so I dont.

They are defending their culture from a foreign religion, I don't actually mind that.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Yes a great community on this site and a great thread,there are so many knowledgeable people in here and out,and i feel like we are all a big family

i view this thread more than the MAD thread nowadays,just shows how important all of this is

can you imagine all this some 20-30 years ago without the internet but just relying on other sources like tv and radio and phones,we wouldn't be worrying so much,but i am getting slightly worried now and the Gov need to act now big time

on the vit's pov,i take multi vit's daily and try to keep myself active where/when ever possible

stay safe all.

Don’t speak too soon because in a couple of days everyone will be at each other’s throats not agreeing. Then the moderating mafia will step in and euthanise half the posts

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, summer blizzard said:

They are defending their culture from a foreign religion, I don't actually mind that.

'Defending'??

Putting men  women and children in concentration camps is not OK, its human rights abuse ..

Dear me.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

They actually invaded and annexed the homeland of the uyghurs, so it's the chinese that are foreigners

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
16 minutes ago, pip22 said:

I'm pretty sure theres a few Italian holidaymakers there.

Not understanding this, please elucidate.

Posted

It is official probably the last time we had measures like this was during Black Death? Even during Spanish flu I don’t believe countries were locked down.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
6 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Sadly i don't think i mentioned her in that pets thread(forgot what it's called),but sadly we had to get rid of her(Lunar) as she was too big and she brought my partner down face first on the tarmac and busted all her chin open and had several stitches,it was a hard decision but she went to a good home who we know well

anyway,i don't want to derail the thread

i too smoke and drink but not to the extent some folk do,i limit myself through the week drink wise to 4 cans/bottles a night,i have done since some family trouble from the past that so i don't speak with my mum or dad and brother(personal)but i wished that it hadn't come to this

at times like this you need your family but that is too late as far as i am concerned,i do not speak to them but i wouldn't wish them dead either and certainly not with this virus

i prob would speak to them again if things got out of hand with this virus but it would be on strict terms for me.

P.S i still have storm(the male)

Not going off topic too much again,, Mylo and I have had our crashes. He's 27kg, I'm 54kg but he now respects me and we get along just fine. Whe I tell him "it's slippery" he slows down and looks up at me for guidance.

Sorry you had to rehome Luna - I don't know what else to say...

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: All of Italy declared a Convid 19 red zone

And yet here in the UK, nothing.

How many flights arrived in the UK from Italy today?

I hope the UK government know what they're doing.

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

I really hope they apply it like China did. Hopefully they do a China and give more evidence that this can be contained.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

And yet here in the UK, nothing.

How many flights arrived in the UK from Italy today?

I hope the UK government know what they're doing.

Putting aside political 'preferences' i hope the medical advisers to the govt are the ones leading the UK 'response'.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

Not going off topic too much again,, Mylo and I have had our crashes. He's 27kg, I'm 54kg but he now respects me and we get along just fine. Whe I tell him "it's slippery" he slows down and looks up at me for guidance.

Sorry you had to rehome Luna - I don't know what else to say...

Luna was 60+kg she was like a lioness

we have a female cat now,no trouble what so ever

stay safe over there and keep the reports coming in,the more info the better.

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Certainly a historic event!

We probably aren't going to know how effective these special measures will be until at the earliest this time next week, by which time presumably we will be at least north of 20,000 cases (and quite possibly way north of that.).

I hope they also shut down air travel, if planes keep leaving then we still run the risk of constant infectious people coming in.

Snowy L - yes it has to be full on Wuhan style, however this is such a large area undertaking such measures that its going to be next to impossible I'd have thought to lock it down quite so tightly, even if the army are involved.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 5