Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Billing Aquadrome evacuated just east of Northampton. The Nene is as high as I have seen it for 10 years.

_116244548_mediaitem116244544.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Occupants of about 500 caravans at Billing Aquadrome in Northampton are urged to seek shelter.

Buckingham flooded(Great Ouse), Rugby Elliots Park shopping centre and Tesco Extra flooded by Warwicks Avon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

+90 gfs snowfall

seriously?

image.thumb.png.4bf3e2ebc7e1e674822c6c1f8215a971.png

28th looking good if so!

Merry Christmas! :santa-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

☃️❄️Morning all and a very Merry Christmas ??

Posted

Merry Christmas! Bit of a frost out there. No lie in if you have kids ⛄

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, B-C said:

Merry Christmas! Bit of a frost out there. No lie in if you have kids ⛄

I have and believe it all not they are still in bed but starting to stir now...

the madness is about to start

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Lovely festive and frosty morning .

tmp.PNG

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Glorious day here in the Peak District, out with the dogs before I get stuck into the roast.. Meery Christmas all.

IMG_20201225_120241.thumb.jpg.1e1d34d1880a5067290518919ba4b26d.jpgIMG_20201225_115659.thumb.jpg.f643925220a11e7049fbd31c6afc0b17.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Showers to NW on radar, heading towards North mids or will just fade out, can’t work it out, plus I’ve been drinkeninging ❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Afternoon and a Merry Xmas to all Midlands Regional Members, from a South East interloper.

Birmingham was a location that figured in Category 6 (White Christmas), of my Winter Weather Predicting Competition. 

Can any Midlands Member confirm whether or not, Birmingham has had any Snow so far?

Just a single Snowflake counts.

Much thanks.

TomSE12  ❄️

• Like 1

Posted

Bit more interesting now met have put a warning for Sunday/Monday... as it’s showers and a frontal feature nothings nailed... but that’s why these situations are fun... suprises pop up at short notice

❄️⛄❄️⛄❄️⛄❄️

Posted
49 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Bit more interesting now met have put a warning for Sunday/Monday... as it’s showers and a frontal feature nothings nailed... but that’s why these situations are fun... suprises pop up at short notice

❄️⛄❄️⛄❄️⛄❄️

Totally agree and it’s only Saturday, if the LP heads a little further north we could be seeing snowfall almost anywhere come Monday, very interesting model watching atm 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Looking good  on the 10 day at a glance. Although this is usually always wrong, the trend is still there for snow and has more symbols on it than it did. Also snow symbols for tomorrow Night and Tuesday too.

m.PNG

Posted
30 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Just had the first noticeable gust from Bella! I do love a good windstorm.

And me but this time of the year a attachment of blizzards would be greatly appreciated ...not Bella....but plenty of time yet

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Hope everyone had the best Christmas that was possible for them.

Hunkering down for Storm Bella now. Raining lightly and the wind is picking up now.

As for wintry interests this week. I know there’s a bit of something possible Sunday into Monday. But again, the main interest still seems to be a week away. I came on here last weekend  and posts were being made about how good Monday the 28th was going to be. Well we’re nearly there and even though it looks a little interesting...there’s nothing amazing.

The forecasts for the next few days may be colder but aren’t really too interesting.

However, even though I refuse to get involved in some of the over excitement, I’ll admit I’ll be having a glance now and again to see what’s going on.

When I visit the forum next weekend, I wonder if the discussion will be about snow and cold on our doorstep...or if it will still be a week away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

ICON, UKV and Euro4 all showing significant snow for much of the region on Monday.

hope dosen't turn out like the flop of 26th-27th Feb, snow forecast but got none

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

What I will say as long as the precipitation is there that height will be the key here I’m sure, many times Iv driven from redditch which is pretty low really in sleet only to get home to white out conditions, like a different world lol, think many parts of brum are quite high imo 

Posted

Main rain band has just past here with showers turning wintry just now.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Band seems a touch weaker for tomorrow but still should give a covering in most places and whoever is lucky enough to be on the pivot of the front should get a few centimetres.

Posted
5 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Band seems a touch weaker for tomorrow but still should give a covering in most places and whoever is lucky enough to be on the pivot of the front should get a few centimetres.

Netwx sr showing the front pivoting over the Midlands.. We shall see 

116957067_viewimage-2020-12-27T065330_600.thumb.png.7ac92953e722067862834c3d31be4b48.png1129038662_viewimage-2020-12-27T065348_718.thumb.png.b517c5bebe01f37984cc196a6737c4cd.png

• Like 1

Posted
35 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Netwx sr showing the front pivoting over the Midlands.. We shall see 

116957067_viewimage-2020-12-27T065330_600.thumb.png.7ac92953e722067862834c3d31be4b48.png1129038662_viewimage-2020-12-27T065348_718.thumb.png.b517c5bebe01f37984cc196a6737c4cd.png

Whats the resolution like compared to the other hi res models mate and how reliable ive never really taken much notice