Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion 17/06/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
2 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Good to see that some of you had some snow last night! It was close, but no cigar here in Northampton. We had rain and the temperature was 2.3 with a dew of 1.1 we were simply too low down though. 65m ASL is not going to cut it in a borderline event like that.

146 m here but not a single flake of snow while areas lower down got a few cm. 

At least it’s finally stopped raining. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

That reminds me of the Friday night I drove up from Edinburgh: Drumochter was (as was often the case) a whiteout, the A9 at Inverness had drifting snow... but when I got home to Glenurquhart (150m ASL) it was sleeting... Sometimes, the weather simply disnae follow the rules!?

Edited by General Cluster
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

That reminds me of the Friday night I drove up from Edinburgh: Drumochter was (as was often the case) a whiteout, the A9 at Inverness had drifting snow... but when I got home to Glenurquhart (150m ASL) it was sleeting... Sometimes, the weather simply disnae follow the rules!?

precip intensity the key

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

precip intensity the key

It hammered it down here at times. Still not a flake. Poorest start to winter since I moved up here in 2016.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

no different to normal here, all been poor starts except for 2010, GFS 06Z suggesting things getting much milder next Thurs, upto 12 degrees, if it can stay a little further west, then maybe slight Indian Summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
3 hours ago, MattStoke said:

The Stoke snow shield has been fired up The Leicester snow shield was very powerful when I used to live there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Sharp shower, quite heavy half hour ago near Nuneaton. Temp 2c according to car. Bands of ppm moving SW direction? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

After a dusting of snow last night, we have just had a moderate hail shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Icy rain here. Temp has dropped 2C over the course of the two showers. Now at 3C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
36 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

After a dusting of snow last night, we have just had a moderate hail shower.

Ya right....as it’s the only white stuff I’ve seen fall so far....hail

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
5 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Ya right....as it’s the only white stuff I’ve seen fall so far....hail

Yeah same, with the falling stuff, but got too see that nice dusting, annoyed that i missed it falling though  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Yeah same, with the falling stuff, but got too see that nice dusting, annoyed that i missed it falling though  

So frustrating there was literally heavy snow that settled literally 2 miles up the road from me the difference being about 120m in sea level just show you

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Persistent moderate rain here and 2c, off for a walk up to Minning Low with the dogs now, maybe some snow still left up there we shall see..

HISTORICENGLAND.ORG.UK

Heritage List Entry Summary for A Chambered Tomb And Two Bowl Barrows On Minning Low

Posted

Still persistent light/ moderate rain here with all snow at my alt gone. The walk up to Minning Low was nice, still snow up there but thawing. Time for a hot bath and poached egg...

IMG_20201206_074004.thumb.jpg.9a5192da87c44166fe937ff2511197f4.jpgIMG_20201206_074709.thumb.jpg.ee7e164bd74a3c293fc5fd2ec8f9c938.jpgIMG_20201206_075132.thumb.jpg.76eaec7dacadd8c42d4cfe03313474ac.jpgIMG_20201206_075154.thumb.jpg.4bfc6e6b05087a0fc05dc5cae652c13e.jpgIMG_20201206_075211.thumb.jpg.f94771a9de82cf3d92ede0bec21e8e32.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Hi all,

Well some of you this week have seen snowfall and have pics to prove it

A cold start to December will continue this week as tomorrow here it’s only a few degrees above freezing and even though it’ll warm up a little towards the end of the week, 6s and 7s are not exactly mild, just proves that we are on the cold side of the jet :cold-emoji:

B45C55D7-ED9D-460B-9CD8-1C9DA1D8617A.thumb.png.1aab9b6b78bcd0499dfae131183ac173.png

• Like 2

Posted

Yes Dancer, As you say least we are the colder 'top side of the Jet Stream, Anything beyond 5/6 days atm is all open to question. So much uncertainty beyond that.

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Yes Dancer, As you say least we are the colder 'top side of the Jet Stream, Anything beyond 5/6 days atm is all open to question. So much uncertainty beyond that.

I couldn’t agree more PM, the word *verify* after the weekend is a sore subject in the Mod thread especially 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Hi all,

Well some of you this week have seen snowfall and have pics to prove it

A cold start to December will continue this week as tomorrow here it’s only a few degrees above freezing and even though it’ll warm up a little towards the end of the week, 6s and 7s are not exactly mild, just proves that we are on the cold side of the jet :cold-emoji:

B45C55D7-ED9D-460B-9CD8-1C9DA1D8617A.thumb.png.1aab9b6b78bcd0499dfae131183ac173.png

Agree, mentions of mild SW on the mod thread just comes across as trolling!  Nothing really mild or like the worst of recent winters.  Interesting to see how it all pans out towards end of month! Keeping the faith ☃️⛄

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine and Frost
On 05/12/2020 at 15:00, andy_leics22 said:

The Stoke snow shield has been fired up The Leicester snow shield was very powerful when I used to live there

...same over here in Kiddy; not so much as a wet flake! Snow shield running at max power 

Posted
15 hours ago, mattcole2206 said:

...same over here in Kiddy; not so much as a wet flake! Snow shield running at max power 

And here, not even an air frost either. 

Those charts for this week look very 2013-14 esque. The jet may be too far south for Bartletts but there's no high pressure to the north either so huge lows just aiming straight at us. Last thing we need to end this year is more flooding in town!

Posted

Not as cold as it has been here. Now overcast with the obligatory drizzle.  Welcome to the East Midlands Winter wonderland...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

Anything happening?.  No... No... Ok am back to lurking every few days. This season is quickly turning into the last 2.. boring and dull, Model thread grasping at straws.. bah humbug will  browse again in a couple days. I much prefer being excited and checking forum everyday if cold chances are aplenty. Has not been great for years now. 

Posted

Heavy rain here currently with a smidgen of sleet mixed in just now.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Polar Maritime said:

Heavy rain here currently with a smidgen of sleet mixed in just now.

Rain again here but guessing this is it for now, looking like some interesting times ahead later in the month though. Obviously all that can change