Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

-2c here at the moment, some must drifting around and clear skies overhead. Looks like we could see our first hard frost of the season tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

How likely do we think the SE has a chance of sleet/snow flurries tomorrow evening? BBC app showed just cloudy for my location now it shows just rain showers- Met apo just shows cloudy conditions 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Wittering, nearby from here seems to be existing in its own little bubble by recording a high of 7c yesterday and then recording a low of -5c under clear skies. This making the station to record one of the highest maxima and then the lowest temperatures over the last 24 hours in the region.

Foggy start here and everything is covered in ice.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
12 minutes ago, Laurence Hill said:

Morning Daniel*, is this event still on the cards?

Not sure I’d go as far as call it an event a few showers blown in from east this evening.. but precip likely to contain snow I’d have thought it’s a matter of having it. 

• Like 1

Posted

Coldest night of winter falling to 0.6C so still no air frost, fog isn’t terrible in London there has been worse. There’s been a lot of fog this season in London but not during October.  

02452F2E-4100-4302-A0BF-FF97F664BDCF.thumb.jpeg.f9957888880eff2aa8f0f8a46744b182.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
12 hours ago, bluebell said:

What the heck has happened to my favourite weather presenter, Thomasz Schafernaker, seen on Countryfile his evening! He has gone all grunge, or even a bit Ed Shearen?! Must  say I prefer the more clean cut look. I know he is supposed to be a bit of a party boy, I heard him nearly spewing live on radio 4 whilst reading he weather, he claimed it was food poisoning however it was the morning after the staff works party..

Anyway weather wise today more sun than expected, no frost here, chilly and clear now.

63B4B6E3-EF65-497F-AD03-58989E7F7A13.jpeg

It's lockdown hair! 
If you think his hair is bad you should see mine. First thing I am doing after getting the vaccine will be going to the hairdressers! 

I'm trying to go for a foggy walk, I'm sure it'll be quite pretty by the river.
But it's so toasty at home. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
13 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

It's lockdown hair! 
If you think his hair is bad you should see mine. First thing I am doing after getting the vaccine will be going to the hairdressers! 

I'm trying to go for a foggy walk, I'm sure it'll be quite pretty by the river.
But it's so toasty at home. 

! Must be fortunate down my way, the hairdresser opened in July I was first through the door, been back once since then and I have  a Christmas cut in a fortnight!! 
Indeed a chilly morning it’s icy rather than pretty white frost here, just had a turn around the block before starting work. Enjoy your day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just foggy here and still. 2c. Felt cold, but not icy. 

Nothing sort of weather, it was foggy all day yesterday too.

Posted
8 minutes ago, bluebell said:

! Must be fortunate down my way, the hairdresser opened in July I was first through the door, been back once since then and I have  a Christmas cut in a fortnight!! 
Indeed a chilly morning it’s icy rather than pretty white frost here, just had a turn around the block before starting work. Enjoy your day!

I'm clinically vulnerable so only leave the house for a walk, I don't need good hair for that. I am embracing the bad roots look.
Thankfully I am in a priority group for the vax, so shouldn't have to put up with too many more months of being this careful. 

I will thank you, have a lovely day too. 
I've had enough tea now to go brave the cold air!

• Like 2

Posted

Probably doesn’t bring out the ice covered spider webs that well. Also yes the garden is a bit messy...

25A29ED4-70A6-47C4-8C00-157C85EFCBE0.jpeg

very treacherous under foot outside.

A033638B-9EFA-4DAB-9143-C11DF5653875.jpeg

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Hope yourselves and your Families, are well.

Was a pretty chilly and Foggy start, here in S.E. London but the Fog has now lifted into low cloud.

Just want to congratulate Malcolm on his appearance as Prince Vultan in Flash Gordon, which was aired on ITV4, on Saturday.

The beard is looking as majestic as ever and really glad you managed to give that nasty Ming the Merciless his comeuppance, eventually.

Malcolm has given me the all clear to run a feature looking at the prospects of a White Christmas for our Region, with a light hearted look through the eyes of that frozen, loved up Couple, Sammy and Sharon Snowmen:

image.png.43d45840e46df3fc4ae232838b3dffdf.png

In a short while, I will post up the "tools" I'll be using to depict the S.E. Regions chances of a White Christmas.

Regards,

Tom.   :snowman-emoji: ❄️

• Like 3

Posted

Oops!!

Since his last appearance back in December 2018, Sammy seems to have married his Mother??? 

So, I'd better do a retake on that and reintroduce the Snowmen Family, again:

SAMMY - image.png.4ebb470a72e48dde2b3424451040e16d.png 

Father and Mother- SOLOMON and SHARON - image.png.a9cb68d2eb47a01496190f7a560e4d7e.png

Finally, Sammy's Wife - SALLY - image.png.b2a033446bbe181cbc4a7234d67beea9.png

Just want to post up the timetable I'll be applying for the White Xmas item I'll be posting up, entitled CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN with SAMMY SNOWMAN. The first report will be after the GFS 12Z, tomorrow. The timetable will be as follows:

WEDS.9th DEC. (t384) GFS 00z, FRI.11th DEC. (t336) GFS 00z, MON.14th DEC. (t264) GFS 00z,

WEDS.16th DEC. (t216) GFS 00z, FRI 18th DEC. (t168) GFS 00z, MON. 21st DEC. (t96) GFS 00z.

WEDS.23rd DEC (t48) GFS 00z.

Once Xmas Day appears on the ECM radar, I will also update my report with their data, as follows:

TUES.15th DEC (t240) ECM 00z, FRI 18th DEC. (t168) ECM 00z, MON.21st DEC. (t96) ECM 00z,

WEDS.23rd DEC (t48) ECM 00z.

In a short while, I will explain how I will interpret those Model Runs, in the Timetable above.

Regards,

Tom.   :snowman-emoji:❄️ 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

First air frost here on the good ol' Essex Riviera since Feb 3rd 2019 - got down to -0.5c overnight! A bit more of this please.

• Like 1

Posted

I will post up the accompanying z500 Synoptic charts to the Model Run Timetable, I've just posted, plus the appropriate SAMMY SNOWMAN and my estimation of % probability and betting odds, for a White Xmas. Obviously, I'm living in S.E.London but hopefully my updates will give all S.E.Regional members, a general idea of conditions on Xmas Day, around our region.

Just want to post up SAMMY SNOWMAN again, in various states of emotion:

VERY HAPPY -  (35% - 50% PROBABILITY) - ODDS - 15/8 to EVENS.

image.png.142c97c83048f12f7aa9ce5f63b30ec0.png

CONTENT - (20% - 34% PROBABILITY) - ODDS - 4/1 to 2/1.

image.png.cabb03db1027aaf7b0c20cb49c76ab11.png

QUE SERA, SERA - (10% - 19% PROBABILITY) - ODDS - 9/1 to 19/5.

image.png.38760e905902d6cab6828fb8e99a7489.png

SAD - (9% or less PROBABILITY) - ODDS - 10/1 or more.

image.png.478f0fdad41f3bb519c6cf552c530b7a.png

In a short while, I will post up some news about Sammy and his Family, over the past few Years.

Regards,

Tom.  :snowman-emoji:❄️ 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

First air frost here on the good ol' Essex Riviera since Feb 3rd 2019 - got down to -0.5c overnight! A bit more of this please.

Low of -0.3 and a high of 1.1 here today so far.

I just had a rather bracing walk by the River Crouch!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
14 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Low of -0.3 and a high of 1.1 here today so far.

Surprising usually SWF being somewhat more inland is colder than BOC...I have 2 min bulbs, one recorded -0.3c (as per you) and the other -0.7c so I went for the mean

Hope you enjoyed your walk, gloves bobble hat and all, I've walked along there a few times where you can park up by the yacht club and where the swans congregate...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

image.thumb.png.e3bbdb7a327c99ad3a11517aa7366c0e.png

image.thumb.png.16e73f0a2673874f7c0c3eb5c0217796.png

Holy(insert Slavic Word beggining with B) 2 days before Christmas day and a massive chance of Snow.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Might squeak out an ice day. Still -2C at Marham, and no sign of the fog lifting.

• Like 1

Posted

it’s bitterly cold here! still -1.5c and not rising very fast underneath thick fog with a frost still everywhere. could be my first ice day since the beast from the east! 

cant even explain how bizarre and incredibly unusual the weather has been here this week, we’ve already topped almost every winter the past decade!

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Surprising usually SWF being somewhat more inland is colder than BOC...I have 2 min bulbs, one recorded -0.3c (as per you) and the other -0.7c so I went for the mean

Hope you enjoyed your walk, gloves bobble hat and all, I've walked along there a few times where you can park up by the yacht club and where the swans congregate...

I have noticed over the years! Many a time radar watching have I ended up jealous of BOC!

I took this picture this morning exactly where you describe, I think it looks as cold as it actually was.
At weekends there is now a little cake and hot drinks van in that car park which is lovely.

PHOEBESPANTRY.COM

Phoebe's Pantry serves homemade cakes at Marsh Farm Country Park, along with hot and cold drinks and homemade ice cream...

South woodham winter 2020-15.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Started foggy, and now we have rain showers from somewhere, probably the channel, and clear in between. Still foggy in Canterbury, when I left there after a hospital appointment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Afternoon all, here in tropical Gravesend a low of 1c overnight and a high so far at 13.10pm of 3.6c anywhere recorded higher so far?

Posted
54 minutes ago, XanderP007 said:

image.thumb.png.e3bbdb7a327c99ad3a11517aa7366c0e.png

image.thumb.png.16e73f0a2673874f7c0c3eb5c0217796.png

Holy(insert Slavic Word beggining with B) 2 days before Christmas day and a massive chance of Snow.

Wouldn’t this be amazing! Still to experience a white Christmas and I’ve already had 43 of them

A chilly day here too, though nowhere near as cold of those of you in the fog. Started off at 0.2c this morning, now 4.7c and drizzly.