Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
16 hours ago, Met4Cast said:

Unfortunately dew points are well above what they need to be for any snowfall, even the N Kent Downs is struggling to see anything wintry, as largely expected. This is why it's important to look at the parameters rather than relying on the precip charts like some, it never looked favourable for us in the SE.

1025134048_Screenshot2020-12-04at01_20_42.thumb.png.34e5834d4482252dede90a9231760050.png

Or perhaps even more importantly, look out of the window instead of looking at parameters. So much for never looking favourable, lots of photos proving otherwise now.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I went to bed about 2:30 last night, both temp and due point rising, woke up in the morning, and it was very cold, about 2 and dry. Don't know if any snow fell in Dover or not.

Posted

Glad to be posting again, after a snow drought last winter.  Like @SteveMurr, I am up in the North Downs and saw naff all snow last night. Got down to about 2.1c, but not cold enough for snow and then the precipitation left. 

Maximum temp here today 4.2c. I notice the Met Office forecast for the South East suggests that there could be some snow for the North Downs in showers during tonight. Not going to stare at the lamppost, but might have a peek every now and then.

Current temp is 2.7c, with DP at 1.1c, so going in the right direction.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Lovely seeing all the photos, and fantastic to see at 4.30am, such a shame we didn't have a freezing continent to begin with, imagine if that torrential rain all day was snow, we would have been buried, im really hoping we get a decent winter. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Hope everyone enjoyed winter

comedy gold! Although you may well be right... looks fondly at photos taken of falling snow 4am this morning...., feeling that early start now..!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I want to see some snow first !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Glad to see some saw snow in this threadSome nice pictures earlier today.Got rain during early hours here and surprised higher elevated areas of North Downs didn’t see a covering but you win some lose some.Been a pretty chilly day with a max of 4.8 in Locksbottom and temperature at 9pm was 2 degrees exactly.Next 5-7 days look chilly for SE with max temps of 2-6 degrees(Monday looks coldest day) but no significant amount of rain or snow in the forecast.All in all not too bad and the sort of weather which is usable and seasonal??

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, bluebell said:

comedy gold! Although you may well be right... looks fondly at photos taken of falling snow 4am this morning...., feeling that early start now..!  

25 minutes ago, Hotspur62 said:

Glad to see some saw snow in this threadSome nice pictures earlier today.Got rain during early hours here and surprised higher elevated areas of North Downs didn’t see a covering but you win some lose some.Been a pretty chilly day with a max of 4.8 in Locksbottom and temperature at 9pm was 2 degrees exactly.Next 5-7 days look chilly for SE with max temps of 2-6 degrees(Monday looks coldest day) but no significant amount of rain or snow in the forecast.All in all not too bad and the sort of weather which is usable and seasonal??

I saw nothing but rain so I hope that wasn't it lol

3 hours ago, TheGate said:

Glad to be posting again, after a snow drought last winter.  Like @SteveMurr, I am up in the North Downs and saw naff all snow last night. Got down to about 2.1c, but not cold enough for snow and then the precipitation left. 

Maximum temp here today 4.2c. I notice the Met Office forecast for the South East suggests that there could be some snow for the North Downs in showers during tonight. Not going to stare at the lamppost, but might have a peek every now and then.

Current temp is 2.7c, with DP at 1.1c, so going in the right direction.

@TheGate I just logged on thinking the same.. Much colder than last night 1.3c here..

• Like 1

Posted

was expecting a frost already under clearing skies here in SE London. temps higher than i thought they would be at 2.9C. the only thing that kept me awake all night last night was the constant drip, drip, drip of next door's dodgy gutter.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Got a streamer here, a string of heavy rain showers moving up from the south. 

Where's here? 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

A hailstorm last night, dumped a couple of cm of hail on the ground :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
6 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

A hailstorm last night, dumped a couple of cm of hail on the ground

image.thumb.png.ac839ead753eb56886ea2cd82f1caaf0.png

I did wonder what came of the downpour that my station recorded this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

frek all snow. frek all nothing really, apart from drizzle. Felt a bit cold last night. room says 15c, but there is a window slightly open. It never usually gets that cold and woke me up. winter duvet tonight me thinks.

Today is our Christmas starting, Bubs has a guides christmas camp on zoom, so crafts, a panto at 4pm and family christmas quiz. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
16 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Oh yes great winter, lass. Now onto those big storms i missed out on last year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

This can’t be right lol snow at 7c  it most certainly isn’t!!

00B34D98-BABF-4B46-9942-6F033281B6DE.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Surprise shower here in Surbiton and it had flakes mixed in . 

• Like 1

Posted

Quite a nice day in London chilly feeling but some nice welcome wintry sunshine. On another matter I have just released my winter forecast for 2020-21, feel free to check it out.  

file.png
WWW.THESNOWDREAMERWXBLOG.COM

Well here we are, again, meteorological winter is here, and increasing numbers of...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Good day for a bonfire. Wind in the right direction away from any houses and plenty of stuff to burn. Had a willing grandson to help who had a nice long pokey stick. Well it was long to start with.  He went home more than happy with his day. Stank of smoke though. I am sure Greta Turdberg would be frowning a lot. 

Seems to like being with his grandparents. I provide such things as shooting, archery, and similar interests.  Helping in the garden including cutting stuff down and burning or shredding it. Also how to make gun powder safely (without saying what the ingredients are). Ok only a very little made.  Has certainly increased his interest in chemistry at school. How to make and build stuff. Then grandma providing tasty cooked treats amongst other things. 

Been a nice day. A day for memories  

Now where is that snow and ice?

2DE7673E-E8DB-4375-B2E3-CF5F127AE09D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
3 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Hastings had laying snow on beach. Rare at best of times. Time people stop with the outdated rhetoric you need -5°C uppers minimum you also need to bear in mind with the surprise snowfall in SE yesterday, there was no continental aspect, it was polar maritime air.... uppers were only -3°C, winds were extremely slack and heavier PPN really lowered freezing level significantly.

7CC00596-1C18-41ED-A297-F4C0986EF31C.thumb.jpeg.a780246eea43aaea817ba499f49dc004.jpegA3BEE419-873C-4BC7-9882-31BE4495957B.thumb.jpeg.2d76a10f95a9688d84514d34bafca003.jpeg

That's a real eye opener! Not sure if it was around by daybreak, but since my earlier post I have spoken to a few people in the area and have said the morning rush hour ( such as it is there) was quite chaotic on the roads, with sliding veichles and a couple of threes fell under weight of Snow on the A21 just outside of Hastings.

• Thanks 1