Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

First snowfall/icy precipitations of the season.  Jeepers creepers it’s cold out there!  

Could contain: Potted Plant, Herbal, Planter, Pottery, Backyard, Nature, Tree, Garden, Vegetation, Table

• Like 7

Posted
Just now, snefnug said:

First snowfall/icy precipitations of the season.  Jeepers creepers it’s cold out there!  

Could contain: Potted Plant, Herbal, Planter, Pottery, Backyard, Nature, Tree, Garden, Vegetation, Table

A bit disappointed  you are normally Forum first snow report .LOL. I am going to sack you.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I see Pembrokeshire dangler is in full force this morning ! This is something we haven't seen for a long time! Some might do well from this next few days. All depends on wind direction and temperatures though whether some northern and western parts see some flurries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Marcus_surfer said:

I see Pembrokeshire dangler is in full force this morning ! This is something we haven't seen for a long time! Some might do well from this next few days. All depends on wind direction and temperatures though whether some northern and western parts see some flurries.

Yn hollol! 

We need the winds to veer slightly more W/NW as they are progged to do later today and overnight 😊 it will also be less marginal with the sub 528 dam covering all of Wales from this afternoon (this is key for snow below 100m in this setup) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
3 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Some of those showers headed directly towards me but showing up as rain on the radar.  Sadly not quite cold enough for snow here, yet, but it’s going to get colder this week!

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Yes Marcus seems to be developing,  defo line of showers deveopin right back to N ireland hope to get a few cms.So I can then send a email to met office to complain how they ignore western UK snow prospects.

• Thanks 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Yes Marcus seems to be developing,  defo line of showers deveopin right back to N ireland hope to get a few cms.So I can then send a email to met office to complain how they ignore western UK snow prospects.

Hahaha!!! If it didn't fall in the South of England it didn't happen mind! 

Posted

All mention of snow next week seems to have disappeared? I'm guessing this is due to the models being all sorts at the moment? Anyway, still it's nice and frosty and not raining so I'll take that. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Coilspring said:

All mention of snow next week seems to have disappeared? I'm guessing this is due to the models being all sorts at the moment? Anyway, still it's nice and frosty and not raining so I'll take that. 

No just 50/50 still blizzard possible 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
3 hours ago, keithlucky said:

A bit disappointed  you are normally Forum first snow report .LOL. I am going to sack you.

Only not first report by a frozen whisker….. mine and the cat’s.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Some really heavy precipitation with the dangler, just need the winds to blow it more west now but so weird that it seems to hit land in Pembroke and dissipate. 

• Like 1

Posted

The winds turn more northwestern tommorow, so maybe a higher chance then even though most apps are showing dry , cold and sunny. Next week is looking very simular at the moment...very dry, cold with showers peppering the North, west and east of the UK.

Posted
1 hour ago, Marcus_surfer said:

The winds turn more northwestern tommorow, so maybe a higher chance then even though most apps are showing dry , cold and sunny. Next week is looking very simular at the moment...very dry, cold with showers peppering the North, west and east of the UK.

I take it that this means the low from SW recently progged for possible land and snow fall on Tues/Wed is currently progged not too? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

It reached -6.3℃ in the garden here overnight Tuesday 6th into Wednesday 7th which produced quite a display of frost by the morning.

Wasn't as cold here last night and today though but looks like it was more southern parts of the UK that got the colder temperatures last night.

Posted
37 minutes ago, clem said:

I take it that this means the low from SW recently progged for possible land and snow fall on Tues/Wed is currently progged not too? 

Chance but doubtful reaches  Southern Ireland and tip of Cornwall ATM.Not certain still to early to be sure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I do hope we get some frontal snowfall at some point, as it's looking less likely next week now, so we can get our snow fix and this cold spell doesn't go by without giving us the goods lol

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
8 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Chance but doubtful reaches  Southern Ireland and tip of Cornwall ATM.Not certain still to early to be sure.

cheers, I'd rather it was currently showing further North with a mild incursion over us at this stage, with southern corrections to come. I'd now assume a total miss then, but i guess we keep the cold, swings and roundabouts hey.

Posted
1 hour ago, clem said:

It looks like it's heading south perhaps brushing southern/southwestern England, certainly at this stage it looks like its sliding if it does that...if it doesn't it will head to France and keep us in this pattern we are in now

• Thanks 1

Posted

The walk up by Ceiriog Forest with the dog Norman today. 

Could contain: Road, Tarmac, Freeway, Highway, Gravel, Outdoors, Nature, Car, Vehicle, Transportation

Could contain: Road, Gravel, Path, Tarmac, Dog, Pet, Mammal, Canine, Outdoors, Nature

Could contain: Road, Gravel, Tarmac, Path, Freeway, Tree, Plant, Outdoors, Fir, Highway

Could contain: Ice, Weather, Nature, Outdoors, Frost, Snow, Fern, Plant

Edited by snefnug
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Going to be a very cold but dry spell this until eventually Atlantic makes inroads and possibly gives us a spell of snow before mild air sets in. Hopefully a return to cold there after with a scandi high forming. Just wish we could get some frontal snow and stay cold! Seems impossible these days but at least we got some cold! 

• Like 1