Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow
13 minutes ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Seeing as were 3 miles from the border I always check out the NW thread & someone, on that thread, has pointed out that precipitation coming off the Seas off West Wales & growing as they hit NW Wales.....If I take a bead they look bound for Gtr M/c & us later on in the afternoon?

Maybe they'll 'snow out' B4 they hit here or maybe the Hills will 'wring out' the last of the precipitation.....we'll see!

Isn’t that what’s turning into the band of snow later today. ?

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

Isn’t that what’s turning into the band of snow later today. ?

Quite possibly. Cumbria has already been affected by heavy snow showers and it seems that the rest of the NW Region may be joining in later this evening and overnight, hence a yellow weather warning.

I would not wish to be a football fan going to Newcastle for an 8pn kick off tonight.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Ah now a weather warning and snow for us UKV flips from dry to wet and shows more in the way of snow for Monday.

I wonder if they'll all flip again on the next run.

Posted

Yorkshire should do reasonably well from this. It does looks marginal somewhat but I think we'll all just be on the right side. Unfortunately for NW England it's perhaps a bit too marginal, a mix of rain, sleet and snow. 

• Like 1

Posted

Hopefully makes it across the pennines without dying out! Got to -5.2c here last night. Top temp of 1.0c so far, back to 0.7c. Fingers crossed for another dusting before a thaw from Monday. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I’m not entirely convinced West Yorkshire will see much in the way of snowfall this evening and tonight looking at the latest radar images. Looks like most of the precipitation stay south of us. Looks like South Yorkshire should do ok from it though. 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Our snow develops over North Wales by about 6 and moves ENE.

Posted

Looking at the radar it's actually already over North Wales so it should be here by 5-6.

Usual caveat below 100m but I think everybody else should be fine. 

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, cj114 said:

Fog anyone? Very sudden here.

Where?

North West thread reporting snow from the get go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Hi all,
According to my readings I haven't got over 0° C here all day.
An 'Ice Day'.
We have had some freezing fog too.
Been a cold job putting up the outside Christmas lights.

BL  🙂

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, York-snow said:

Freezing fog here for the last 24hrs

Ouch. We had Sun for a couple of hours. It didn't get rid of the amazing frost we have. The best I have seen in years.

Am East of Leeds on A63

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Local weather station currently reporting -3 ❄️, had clear skies and sunshine earlier but everything stayed fozen. Thankfully log burner chugging away nicely today 😁

Just now, cheese said:

Posted on the NW regional thread. 

8E1524B2-0099-46CF-847A-7E318577D1E9.jpe

Saw that on Tw@ter earlier, fingers crossed, #lamppost watch 👍

Posted
2 hours ago, Cheese Rice said:

Yorkshire should do reasonably well from this. It does looks marginal somewhat but I think we'll all just be on the right side. Unfortunately for NW England it's perhaps a bit too marginal, a mix of rain, sleet and snow. 

From briefly looking at models a fair few show, the heavier stuff mostly affecting south yorkshire, east yorkshire and eastern parts of north yorkshire. 

Preicipitation may be a little less intense west of leeds but for you ya should be well on the right side of marginal. For me I'm hoping 50m+ is sufficient 

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

Alignment looks pretty good. Almost direct for Bradford and York in a straight line from back to front though as the whole things shifts east this alignment will move east. 

Also looks like it's intensifying as it's starting to hit higher ground. Estimate is still 2-3 hours but it should last a while unless your unlucky and it's south of you. 

Would say that early in the night Bradford, Leeds and York are best, depending on how fast it shifts east, Huddersfield and Sheffield could end up having the last laugh.

Posted

Can see the system approaching from the WSW. Dark, solid clouds towards the Pennines.

PXL_20231202_162014154.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

This looks like the main firing line, although due do pulse nature of precip coming in this evening/tonight could change a bit.

Screenshot (372).png

Screenshot (373).png

That’d be perfect for once!  Barnsley slap bang in the middle. 😁

After a low of -6.1c overnight we managed to get to the heady heights of 2.7c at 13.10 with the sun, but temps are quickly dropping back and already only 0.5c at 16.20. Dewpoint currently -1.5c so assuming we do see precip, then it should fall as snow here.

On a different subject, anyone seen or heard anything from Craigers?  He is usually active in the thread when we are likely to see some snow action, but I’ve not seen anything of him for a good while.

• Like 2