Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

The rain has finally cleared the Wolds this evening, most welcome for the garden! Reading the other threads it would seem temps are heading in the right direction as we progress in to May

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

After a good downpour early evening, didn’t hear any thunder but not surprised there was some around.

This is the aftermath this evening, still looking stormy towards the sea with skies looking clearer looking west, still with some interesting clouds.

D801DD96-BBC0-4A22-AC62-B6B26729841B.thumb.jpeg.eed9c3534803d4f42c3bf4bec20a7e4d.jpeg

5CC7D40D-71A7-420A-90DE-E8A445A8148D.thumb.jpeg.49e043ec7ceb1836712d7b653175c2dc.jpeg

191C3A34-F518-4F2E-BEC6-F1FE3C7B8602.thumb.jpeg.6ecca2dc5e58e10379ef15ebf715fd6e.jpeg

Just now, Wold Topper said:

The rain has finally cleared the Wolds this evening, most welcome for the garden! Reading the other threads it would seem temps are heading in the right direction as we progress in to May

I have faith in the swallows….they are definitely returning in decent numbers now so they must know things are improving ??

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
46 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Not on the NY coast this week but indications on the early evening weather forecast of some thundery activity on the NE coast, with a pic of a funnel cloud further south at Scunthorpe. 

Well it’s a beautifully clear morning on the wolds so far….

880EA357-71BE-4A0E-A66E-7633A79A880B.thumb.jpeg.93e0dc7676adc91567a05cd7a7a6a536.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

A drizzly grey evening on the Wolds this eve and with it being quite mild the garden will be happy, nature is starting to 'green' up nicely!

• Like 1

Posted
On 04/05/2022 at 20:59, Wold Topper said:

Sorry Wold Topper,  I don’t know why this header is still on…..can’t seem to get rid of it. Anyway my post for today is below:

Some interesting waves in the clouds on top of the Wolds today. A strong NE wind blowing but as long as the sun is out it’s a nice day.

F7B53C55-A460-404F-A68E-68A952F4F6B8.thumb.jpeg.fe3fcba7f55824682eda3001bd8b50e7.jpeg

6A5FB0AB-C307-4FDD-852A-8C62B990E86F.thumb.jpeg.7b5277023768f59768e3ddc855843457.jpeg

8D59C528-D8D4-40F6-B95E-8F1079F6E2E0.thumb.jpeg.4055e75ca89696d372d473f75768edd2.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Some interesting waves in the clouds on top of the Wolds today. A strong NE wind blowing but as long as the sun is out it’s a nice day.

F7B53C55-A460-404F-A68E-68A952F4F6B8.thumb.jpeg.fe3fcba7f55824682eda3001bd8b50e7.jpeg

6A5FB0AB-C307-4FDD-852A-8C62B990E86F.thumb.jpeg.7b5277023768f59768e3ddc855843457.jpeg

8D59C528-D8D4-40F6-B95E-8F1079F6E2E0.thumb.jpeg.4055e75ca89696d372d473f75768edd2.jpeg

Good view from up there, i am sat behind the house so sheltered from the breeze, warm enough for lunch on the patio

• Like 1

Posted

A pleasant evening on the Wolds now the breeze has buggered off, my Braverian temp gauge registering 8.5°c at 10pm, after what has been a warm albeit breezy sunny day, 

• Like 1

Posted

Second day running i am able to enjoy lunch on the patio, a bit of gardening this aft before the call of the beer garden takes hold  

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Wold Topper said:

Second day running i am able to enjoy lunch on the patio, a bit of gardening this aft before the call of the beer garden takes hold  

Same here on my part of the Wolds . Might not have the same pleasure of the beer garden though, as being such a glorious day I’m spending most of the day in a car doing furniture removals . Hey ho…

• Like 2

Posted

Much more pleasant today here, a nice sunny afternoon, grass cut as recent rain has really set it off growing. Its still quite cool out of the sun though, SE force 3-4 straight off a cold North Sea.

• Like 3

Posted

Yes, back on the N Yorkshire coast for a few days and noticed how cool the wind is, despite the sunshine. I think tonight, being clear, is going to be quite cold although the wind may actually prevent the temperatures going down too far. Fingers crossed for a decent day tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Yes, back on the N Yorkshire coast for a few days and noticed how cool the wind is, despite the sunshine. I think tonight, being clear, is going to be quite cold although the wind may actually prevent the temperatures going down too far. Fingers crossed for a decent day tomorrow.

Although it was a bright warm sunny day on the costal side of the Wolds, the north sea breeze takes the edge off the temps, there is a slight chill in the air this evening, see what tomorrow brings!

Edit: google just told me it will be 20°c tomorrow around here ?‍♂️

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Although it was a bright warm sunny day on the costal side of the Wolds, the north sea breeze takes the edge off the temps, there is a slight chill in the air this evening, see what tomorrow brings!

Edit: google just told me it will be 20°c tomorrow around here ?‍♂️

Unfortunately Google was wrong . Feels like we’re in the middle of a sea haar or is it fret?

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Unfortunately Google was wrong . Feels like we’re in the middle of a sea haar or is it fret?

But but but, google is the font of all knowledge

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

We call the sea mist/fog  ..  Roke    here in East Yorks ..
A sea roke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Beverley Lass said:

A sea roke.

Never heard that term before! Am an East Yorkshire native (ok, Hull ) so really surprised….you learn something new everyday ??????

• Like 2

Posted

We've been quite bright and dry here at Whitby today, but with a strong breeze coming in off the moors. Moors are very dry and a big fire this afternoon which necessitated action from the Fire Brigade. We can only hope that there will be some rain tonight and early tomorrow, as forecast, it is needed!

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, Beverley Lass said:

A sea roke.

Have always called it 'sea fret' but everyday is a learning day,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
8 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Have always called it 'sea fret' but everyday is a learning day,

9 hours ago, RebsAbbo said:

Never heard that term before! Am an East Yorkshire native (ok, Hull ) so really surprised….you learn something new everyday ??????

Aye, it is rare to hear it called that to be honest .. just adding a genuine old East Yorkshire dialect word for the fret / haar.
My husband introduced me to the term and we use it     .. (I'm not from round 'ere originally)

• Like 2

Posted

A much warmer day today, sunny with widely broken cloud. The main feature at lunchtime is the wind, force 5-6 SW, made my bike ride more of slog.

20220510_125557.jpg

Edited by mike57
  • Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, mike57 said:

A much warmer day today, sunny with widely broken cloud. The main feature at lunchtime is the wind, force 5-6 SW, made my bike ride more of slog.

20220510_125557.jpg

Glorious day mike57, spent the whole day in the garden, only just come in now (7pm) & it’s still warm enough for short sleeves & the wind has dropped now. Also, seasonal update….the swifts have arrived on the Wolds, had a flock of 9 flying over the garden

• Like 2

Posted

A very different day today, heavy cloud since early, lunchtime bike ride produced a few spots of rain which quickly turned into steady light rain shortly after I got home. Wind lighter than yesterday SW 3-4, and temeratures lower by about 5C, second picture is taken from the same spot as yesterday, but phone camera compensates somewhat for the dark conditions making it look brighter than it was

We are right at northern edge of the rain band, this was the view from our garden about 30mins ago still in the rain band but clear sky to the North West, and what looks like some mild convection in the distance

20220511_144554.jpg

20220511_124436.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

It’s quite a strong westerly this morning on the top of the Wolds….

Love this sight of the crops in the fields, waves are beautiful

Considering the forecast is 0mm precipitation, it’s looking decidedly threatening!

C4749AF6-C430-4E9F-9ABD-82881677D96A.thumb.jpeg.8bd631687791aec3417f84c382e1add7.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
55 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

It’s quite a strong westerly this morning on the top of the Wolds….

Love this sight of the crops in the fields, waves are beautiful

Considering the forecast is 0mm precipitation, it’s looking decidedly threatening!

C4749AF6-C430-4E9F-9ABD-82881677D96A.thumb.jpeg.8bd631687791aec3417f84c382e1add7.jpeg

The bottom part of my last post should have been a separate post….the pics are about 2 hrs apart & in different locations!

Also, watch the video without the sound….it’s much better

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 2