Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

There is a big yellow orb radiating heat that has just appeared in the sky, what is this phenomenon?

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
4 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

There is a big yellow orb radiating heat that has just appeared in the sky, what is this phenomenon?

Whatever it is, it had a measurement of 22C in the Midlands. It was enough to warm my pint of cider (no wine at the bar….remind you of somewhere??). How warm was yours (orb, not cider)?

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Whatever it is, it had a measurement of 22C in the Midlands. It was enough to warm my pint of cider (no wine at the bar….remind you of somewhere??). How warm was yours (orb, not cider)?

Didn't get chance to check the temp tbh but this evening is quite pleasant thankfully, seeing as i've spent the last couple of hours on the drive fixing the car, no cider for me

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

A pleasant summers days with no sign of the heavy showers forecast for today. Next five days looks to dry and pleasant so back to watering the garden as ti will quickly dry out.

• Like 2

Posted

A wet misty, drizzly early morning on the Wolds that cleared by mid morning, a distinct increase in temps and a beefy shower before lunch followed by a mixed afternoon of cloud n sun with a stiff breeze at teatime, quite a mixed bag today!

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well a few rogue drizzle showers the lastf ew days have kept the trace going on to the rainfall card for June. Next week looks dry as well with the hot spell to fade quietly away without a drop of rain lookign at the GFS. So another dry month on the cards.

Posted

A nice morning to start my few days back in N Yorkshire. Still a bit of a breeze at Whitby but off the moors rather than the sea, so not a cold wind. Off to Durham to see some county cricket and I suspect the factor 30 and sun hat are going to be needed!

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 2

Posted

Lovely and sunny early morning, cloud arrived by 9am accompanied by a stiff breeze that spoilt the day, i was working so meh , by 7pm the sun has come back out and the breeze has died off making for a pleasant evening!

• Like 2

Posted

Not a bad day today. Temp forecast for Friday has come down a bit, can't cope with heat so not looking forwards to Friday, I will be hiding. Its the village garage sales Saturday hopefully rain will hold off.

• Like 2

Posted

Very pleasant warm day today, not to hot, got some sleepers bedded in, in the garden and the area at the front of the Shed levelled ready for concreting, working friday but pub beer garden looks favorite for friday evening! 

• Like 1

Seemed a degree higher than the app forecasts. I think 30C is a realistic bet for Friday for S and E/SE Yorkshire especially.

Goodness knows what'll happen on Saturday, but some sharp contrasts in temperature look likely. Many runs, such as the GFS, ECM and UKMO have the front across quite a bit of Yorkshire, bringing an increasingly washout day as it peps up precipitation. Let's hope it shifts north/south and we get away with it - or it holds off until nighttime to give the plants a water but free up the day.

Posted

Definitely felt warmer out today than the 18C it was. I think the light winds, force 3 SE helped. Lunchtime bike ride was enjoyable.

Still stressing over the heat potential for Friday, I have quite a bit to do and forecast for home is still 28C Friday afternoon, that will be the warmest day for a lot of years, being at the coast usually takes the edge off the temperatures during a heatwave, in the past we have rarely exceeded 25C, which whilst above my comfort zone is survivable.

Saturday still seems to have a degree of uncertainty with the rain now coming later in the day. It all depends on the fronts.

• Like 2

Posted

Been another pleasant warm day, on and off sunshine up till 4pm, then clouded over for a couple of hours although still warm, sun's back out now making for lovely evening,

Posted

Now the late morning/early afternoon clag has cleared we have bright sunshine and mostly blue skies, we also have a pleasant breeze near the coast, so whilst being very warm it is tolerable!

• Like 1

Posted

Bridlington always seems so cool after living in London for many years.

Today is a classic example of it being 18c on the seafront but come inland about 2 miles and it is 21c today.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Matthew FRANCIS-BURNETT said:

Bridlington always seems so cool after living in London for many years.

Today is a classic example of it being 18c on the seafront but come inland about 2 miles and it is 21c today.

I left Carnaby at 5pm and headed to Driffield to see a pal, it was 4c warmer when i got there, always the case away from the North Sea,

• Like 2

Posted

Same with us, we had to go down to Beverley after tea  17c at home, 25c in Beverley according to car temp gauge. I know they are not very accurate  but it's the difference rather than the actual value. When with got our of the car it felt noticeably hotter.

• Like 2

Posted

Fantastic to be sat out this evening in my brothers garden in a T-shirt, having a few cold ones, putting the world to rights, this is what summer should be about, sat outside in the summer in the garden with family n friends,

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 1

Posted

Rather cloudy for what is my near first full day living in Leeds! Hopefully the sun pops out later. Sadly I've already worked out my ASL is 135m ish (Roundhay). Hoping my snow prospects now improve from being in NW London... 

• Like 2

Posted

A bright-ish, pleasantly warm day at Saltburn yesterday to round off my latest stay on the N Yorkshire coast. Good to see so many things back in action in the town, including the cliff tram after 3 years out of action. I remember the tram from my childhood holidays in Saltburn and took a nostalgic ride yesterday, bottom to top. Cost a lot more than in yesteryear but well worth it!

• Like 2

Posted

Well so far today it is wall to wall cloud with a steady albeit warm breeze, no sign of the sun yet ?‍♂️

Posted

Unless the sun comes out in the next few hours I can't see how we can even come close to the max T forecasted here. A strong breeze also which isn't that warm. It feels more like a refreshing coastal breeze under this overcast. 

• Like 1