Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
47 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

A bright-ish, pleasantly warm day at Saltburn yesterday to round off my latest stay on the N Yorkshire coast. Good to see so many things back in action in the town, including the cliff tram after 3 years out of action. I remember the tram from my childhood holidays in Saltburn and took a nostalgic ride yesterday, bottom to top. Cost a lot more than in yesteryear but well worth it!

Could have been the 1950s / 1960s but was in fact yesterday!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Far too warm, thankfully it will be over today. The rain band is holding up better than advertised too so we might actually get a bit damp.

Posted

Has turned hot at home, sun out and about 26c, which is very warm for the coast, temps over 25c are quite rare (fortunately for me).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Temps ramping up nicely now the sun has broken through, it is about time we had a warm day, home time in 20 mins, time to enjoy the evening

Posted

Bridlington basking in 29c for the first time since 2018.

At last a taste of proper summer !

Back to the usual cool set up soon enough.

We could do with a month of this not just a day.

Infact 12 months a year would be better and no worries about heating bills  !

Enjoy everybody until the next very warm day(s).

• Like 3

Posted

Very cloudy and very windy here quite the disappointing day was better day on Wednesday.

• Like 1

Posted

Was reading 28c at 4.30pm when i got home, now the cloud has come back and the breeze cranked up noticeably now 22c, also arrived home to find the village has no Elec , power line round the corner from my cottage is dangling from the pole onto the farmers track, back on at 9pm allegedly   

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
6 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Temps ramping up nicely now the sun has broken through, it is about time we had a warm day, home time in 20 mins, time to enjoy the evening

Such a shame the evening didn’t pan out the way we’d all hoped. The wind really blew the cloud cover over to the point of being unable to sit out in the warm air. For the predicted warmest day of the year yet it has been disappointing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

All in all a disappointing day for what was forecast as the hottest day of the year so far. BUT, it is still warm & a beautiful sunset has been had. Can’t complain really. 
84544E90-3CFA-4B83-AE8F-098E8B898CF8.thumb.jpeg.648dd149f448b48a1fd05401a1f3cb31.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Such a shame the evening didn’t pan out the way we’d all hoped. The wind really blew the cloud cover over to the point of being unable to sit out in the warm air. For the predicted warmest day of the year yet it has been disappointing.

The wind spoilt the evening to the point that my hair was constantly in my eyes , it was a shame that we couldn't sit out in the warm evening air, 'Warmest' day of the year, lol, not on the Yorkshire Wolds, a bit of warmth this aft is all we could muster!

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

All in all a disappointing day for what was forecast as the hottest day of the year so far. BUT, it is still warm & a beautiful sunset has been had. Can’t complain really. 
84544E90-3CFA-4B83-AE8F-098E8B898CF8.thumb.jpeg.648dd149f448b48a1fd05401a1f3cb31.jpeg

A lovely pic @RebsAbbo, is that looking down the great valley towards Malton?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

The wind spoilt the evening to the point that my hair was constantly in my eyes , it was a shame that we couldn't sit out in the warm evening air, 'Warmest' day of the year, lol, not on the Yorkshire Wolds, a bit of warmth this aft is all we could muster!

I can highly recommend keeping your hair in your cleavage, it’s very effective in the wind! Just a suggestion. Call it an instagram hack….

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, RebsAbbo said:

I can highly recommend keeping your hair in your cleavage, it’s very effective in the wind! Just a suggestion. Call it an instagram hack….

Ah instagram, i ve heard the kids on about such a thing, lost on me? But cleavage thats something i can get to grips with...

• Like 1

Posted

Warm evening after dark 17.5c currently, the Elec has just been restored to our Village finally, supper time

• Like 2

Posted
11 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

A lovely pic @RebsAbbo, is that looking down the great valley towards Malton?

Yep, in that general direction!…. looking slightly northwards towards the top of the wold (over the farmyard) ??

Posted

Glorious morning on the Wolds, blue skies and bright sunshine, 19c already, Tea and breakfast on the patio, perfect! 

• Like 1

Posted

Experienced a micro twister/updraft on my walk this morning on top of the wold….but didn’t have my phone on me to capture it, god damn! Beautiful sunshine, a light breeze then a sudden build up of strong wind right in front of me along the hedgerow that whipped up the grass seeds of the long grasses on the verge into a small twister. Lasted about 5 seconds then dissipated.

Have seen it before on this stretch of the wolds but it was partly caused by the drafts of combine harvesters in the fields that whipped up the straw. Today’s was created all by itself!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Mostly cloud and acyally on the cool side. Sadly it doesn't look like we'll get soem needed rain or if we do just not enough. Will need to top the ponds up later today or Tomorrow.

Posted

Well some spots of rain a lot probably evapourating before it gets lower down. Not often you get overcast conditions witha humidity level of 73% was much lower less than a hour ago.

Posted

In a fail for the models, the rain is clearly further north west than expected with West Yorkshire about to receive solid precipitation.

Posted

Sudden change in the radar big blob of rain over us. However shouldn't last too long  as lighter rain isn't far away but that built up suddenly. Need about 40mm more though to save me from topping the ponds up.

Posted

A day of 2 halves, bright warm sunshine this morning, replaced with grey clag this afternoon, had a family bbq at teatime that was interrupted with a few spots of rain, nowt drastic and not overly cold but took the edge off the evening!

• Like 1

Posted

Suns out now, best part of the day, quite pleasant even with the breeze, warm enough to be sat out,

Posted
1 hour ago, Wold Topper said:

Suns out now, best part of the day, quite pleasant even with the breeze, warm enough to be sat out,

I was just gonna say that! So, ditto

• Like 1