Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
4 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Don’t get touchy!  I was agreeing with you for agreeing with me for agreeing on camping . Didn’t think you’d misunderstood, just pointing out my own stupidity! BTW, being totally facetious at this point ??

So do we agree? That i was agreeing with you by agreeing, that i was right, for which we can all concur that me being right is generally the outcome, for which we can all agree!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
10 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

So do we agree? That i was agreeing with you by agreeing, that i was right, for which we can all concur that me being right is generally the outcome, for which we can all agree!

Sheet, you’re hard to compete with . To get back on topic, I think it’s cool enough now to close the doors for the evening. It’s been a very pleasant one. Not bad for 10.10pm.

D7322641-7CE6-4A79-8DD0-46D6A4365890.thumb.jpeg.8dc0705bc524bfa603140393258e5d6c.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Sheet, you’re hard to compete with . To get back on topic, I think it’s cool enough now to close the doors for the evening. It’s been a very pleasant one. Not bad for 10.10pm.

D7322641-7CE6-4A79-8DD0-46D6A4365890.thumb.jpeg.8dc0705bc524bfa603140393258e5d6c.jpeg

Yep still pleasant out, just watered the garden and myself , after devouring a lasagne n garlic bread!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
5 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Yep still pleasant out, just watered the garden and myself , after devouring a lasagne n garlic bread!

Oo, that sounds exotic for you . Hope you enjoyed ??

• Like 1

Posted

Glorious day on the east coast today, recorded 23c at work, still nice and warm now i am home, gentle breeze is pleasant, still 20c so a cold one in the garden in order

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, it’s been a hot one all day, very little cloud. It’s been tough out there in the garden. It had me beat by 3pm! As you say @Wold Topper it’s very pleasant for the evening now ⛱

• Like 1

Posted

I was working in Malton today, when I left at about 3 it was 26, I came home the back way through the Luttons and Wold Newton, its about 10 mins quicker when A64 is busy. What was noticeable was the steady drop in temperature, when I got home it was down to 19 or 20. I know car outside temp gauges are not very accurate, but it was the drop rather than the actual temp. Still a nice day, just not as hot which suits me.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, mike57 said:

I was working in Malton today, when I left at about 3 it was 26, I came home the back way through the Luttons and Wold Newton, its about 10 mins quicker when A64 is busy. What was noticeable was the steady drop in temperature, when I got home it was down to 19 or 20. I know car outside temp gauges are not very accurate, but it was the drop rather than the actual temp. Still a nice day, just not as hot which suits me.

It is often the best way, down the great valley to the coast, thats my 'neck of the woods' so no it well!

• Like 1

Posted

On the dog walk this morning, the car temp stated 21c & that’s on the exposed top. I’m struggling to find a cloud in the sky!

Back in the more sheltered garden my temp gauge is reading just over 24c. And before anybody asks, I’ve got my proper instruments up now in their rightful place (they’re not particularly highly technical instruments, just the basics - thermo & barometer) but I have calibrated them as best I can. I think the temp gauge is accurate to within up to 2 degrees. And yes, they’re in the shade, 1.5m off ground, got good airflow etc etc. So let’s see what readings I can get going forward.

Actually don’t want the storms to come this far anyway, Wales & midlands (& SE if they’re lucky) can keep them for now thank you very much.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Sorry Rebs.....we're having a BBQ later so we looked doomed!!!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Sorry Rebs.....we're having a BBQ later so we looked doomed!!!

Yes, you are quite west so probably more in the firing line, sorry about that. Get your waterproofs on & enjoy the show if it comes (& eat quickly)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Storms ahoy to the south of West Yorkshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well if you want thundery weather pop of to the north west of england. Anyway another hot day before cloud came along and brought temps back down to normal. Another day watering the garden. Hopefully I won't need to tomorrow then it's back to dry weather again. The heat back later on next week.

• Like 1

A bit of rain coming through now. Guessing you've copped this shower a bit as well, @The PIT. Still not enough here to forgo watering the plants, but it is something I guess!

Hopefully some more oomph to tomorrow's showers.

Posted
1 hour ago, Steel City Skies said:

A bit of rain coming through now. Guessing you've copped this shower a bit as well, @The PIT. Still not enough here to forgo watering the plants, but it is something I guess!

Hopefully some more oomph to tomorrow's showers.

Eye a grand total of 0.4mm

Posted

It has been a 'warm' one on the Wolds today, got 25.5c albeit on the car temp gauge at work today, cloud pushed in late afternoon but has remained warm into the evening, we are getting to the point were a drop of rain would be most welcome tbh, on reflection it has been a great week weather wise around the solstice! 

• Like 1

Posted

Humid cloud fest here with temperatures struggling. Little chance of any thunderstorms here but the north east and north of the region may get lucky.

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Humid cloud fest here with temperatures struggling. Little chance of any thunderstorms here but the north east and north of the region may get lucky.

We have a lot of cloud cover with the sun trying to break through, but temps are very warm, current reading 24c in the garden. From the forecasts earlier in the week I did not expect such a pleasant day today (thought we would have lost the heat by now). Just goes to show how things change day on day. 

• Like 1

Posted

Read the forecast this morning & showed no precipitation all day, high temps & low risk of storms.

Well for the last 1/2-1hr it’s been very sultry with some dark non-descript cloud cover. Checked the forecast again and suddenly it’s changed to 0.54mm precip & 42% storm risk. The whole world has changed around me whilst I was hoovering!! Oh, and we’ve just had 12 drops of rain. Think that was the storm

• Like 1

Posted

Bike ride at 12 produced a SE wind and quite hot. Sky was starting to build with cloud. Nothing here so far but looking at the radar there some heavy showers about

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Looking at the Radar and Bradford has been getting a pounding for close to an hour by a very localised cell. Surprised, it's not thrown any lightning.

Posted

North yorkshire will be the lucky ones zippo elsewhere.

Posted

Well another day thats going to end up with 0mm . Even the no coat jobby down to the pub didn't work.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Well another day thats going to end up with 0mm . Even the no coat jobby down to the pub didn't work.

Lol, i tried that trick earlier, didn't work, just watered the garden again