Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
19 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Looking at the depth of the mud by the village pond that has washed down the wolds and talking to some peeps who were home this aft, the rain was biblical, the streets were awash from kerb to kerb and 2 power cuts one for 20 mins and one brief, I missed out whilst only working 10 miles away!

Yes, I got the text about the power cut whilst I was in the cafe in Lincs, thought it might have to be take away for tea (shame), but power back on by time home so had to cook after all ??‍♀️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
3 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Yes, I got the text about the power cut whilst I was in the cafe in Lincs, thought it might have to be take away for tea (shame), but power back on by time home so had to cook after all ??‍♀️

Yeah i got a text and thought about a diversion on the way home from work, alas once home, with the elec restored, i had to make friends with the cooker

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Well there was some compensation to a very early dog walk this morning (after only 5 hrs sleep)….it was a grand morning up on them there hills…and I managed to get back home just before the showers started

0B2F50FD-EC4E-4124-A1B1-1FBD0A696F8B.thumb.jpeg.e0a10f94946b2d4f96542fcaba161942.jpeg

B8EAF708-0985-45FB-9D67-A0A53EF0B621.thumb.jpeg.d02826d0aaafd69a51ff7b4f1b674855.jpeg

66EAE204-5413-4AB9-82A1-A284187FB49E.thumb.jpeg.0458b6ac5b2c81af609ad2f272527d15.jpeg

can just see the double rainbow below

EAD3CA73-1718-462F-B1FD-861136A505D4.thumb.jpeg.7ccde6fa09ef0cc25739d0b653dffd76.jpeg

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 3

Posted

Just had a bacon butty and a cuppa at the harbour in Brid, showers already, and quite windy. Was hoping to get the last of the firewood cut and stacked today, we will have to see how showers play out

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, mike57 said:

Just had a bacon butty and a cuppa at the harbour in Brid, showers already, and quite windy. Was hoping to get the last of the firewood cut and stacked today, we will have to see how showers play out

You might need that firewood today Mike, it’s turned quite cool without the sun, I’ve even got my slippers on for the first time in months

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, RebsAbbo said:

You might need that firewood today Mike, it’s turned quite cool without the sun, I’ve even got my slippers on for the first time in months

Quite a contrast this afternoon, broken cloud but warm when sun's out, perfect for a bit of DIY outside,

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely evening for it.
Driven through some spectacular cloud formations (no pics cos driving!) during the day between Yorkshire & Lincolnshire. Some rain but the evening has ended very calmly. 

A36A4F43-30E1-42BF-964E-F5DF6CB2CB13.thumb.jpeg.13eb0bf40d5135011d7f0c8cd72c3a0c.jpeg991C2A50-68C9-4477-9A5A-0785D447E827.thumb.jpeg.93f546c9a1ad085bb6ba28fb47f5bb9d.jpeg

Posted

Early morning started out fairly clear with bright sunshine albeit breezy, and just for a change  the cloud rolled in and the majority of the day was grey and breezy, a brief sunny interlude late afternoon and this eve back to cloudy, breezy carp!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

What happened last night. I woke up at 4am to it chucking it down.

Posted

The main feature yet again on todays lunchtime bike ride was the wind, force 5 gusting to Force 7 at a guess. Also a very light shower, which felt worse driven by the wind. Not cold, in spite of the wind.

Its definately been more windy this year, if global warming means more wind as well as higher temperatures then I dont like the long term outlook.

• Like 3

Posted

Today has been a bit of a rinse n repeat of my post from yesterday with 2 exceptions, it is a bit warmer and it is b1@@dy windy,

• Like 1

Posted

Bright blue skies and glorious sunshine @23c, what a day to be at work

• Like 2

Lovely to have the cloud break so quickly today. Glorious sunshine from mid morning and pretty much blue skies all afternoon.

One of those reminders that 24/25°C and sunshine is more than enough!

Bring on the heat

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

No to heat bring on cooler north westerlies and 22C to 23C.

Posted

Looking forward to returning to Yorkshire. Even with the heat building in the week, the air quality on the Wolds will make it more pleasant than the heat + diesel fumes of the city

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Looking forward to returning to Yorkshire. Even with the heat building in the week, the air quality on the Wolds will make it more pleasant than the heat + diesel fumes of the city

Been a grand evening down the great Wolds valley! clean, warm evening air, perfect for outside refreshments by the village pond  

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

The forecast for the forceable really does look good for us, with only a dip around Wednesday. Low 20's is great, any more, and it gets too hot here and limits what you can do. East Yorkshire is the exception and keeps being shown to be solidly in the 30's later next week, hope you enjoy it if it happens.

• Like 2

Posted

Been a glorious day round these parts, nice n warn with a gentle breeze, perfect beer garden weather now after working up a thirst earlier knocking down some old stables  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Hope and pray these tempreture charts do not materialise one chart I have seen has 41c bang over me and showing 42-43c over Lincolnshire that is absolutely insane.

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

Hope and pray these tempreture charts do not materialise one chart I have seen has 41c bang over me and showing 42-43c over Lincolnshire that is absolutely insane.

Currently looks like 36-7 inland over quite a wide area ignoring the less likely outcomes. Still to hot, and 28c at the coast next Saturday which while more bearable is still far too hot for me. Currently next Saturday is cancelled, but can all change over the next 6 days.

• Like 1

Posted

To give an idea how extreme temperatures approaching 40C (as shown on the 18z) would be in this area. In 42 years of records, the warmest July temperature here is 31.7C. The warmest ever temperature is 34.0C.

The potential for records to tumble by 5+ degrees is just insane!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted
4 hours ago, reef said:

To give an idea how extreme temperatures approaching 40C (as shown on the 18z) would be in this area. In 42 years of records, the warmest July temperature here is 31.7C. The warmest ever temperature is 34.0C.

I agree 40+ is unlikely in Yorkshire but we could be looking at some records being broken, humidity is forecast to be low, and ground around here is very dry, that tends to lead to temperatures at the higher end of what is possible. Next weekend is definitely cancelled for me, I get very miserable with anything over about 22c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
7 hours ago, reef said:

That is the scary part highest I have ever seen is 35.5 according to weather station.

My car was actually showing 37c where I live in North East Derbyshire last year when it hit 35c it was horrid.

I can't imagine what 40c! Will feel like with reel feel being much worse.

Edited by Derbyshire_snow

Posted

Been at a family bbq for my little nephew this aft, perfect weather, clear blue sky's with a gentle breeze to take the edge off, got a tad warm at times but no complaints from me!

• Like 2