Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Looks horrible early next week. Roll on Wednesday and hopefully that's it for this year 🤣

Doesn't even look like we'll be rewarded with any storms either at the end 🥺🥵

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Ohh great. Overnight runs are showing 40C now for a lot of Yorkshire on Tuesday. Government needs to get the message out today as it's going to take a lot of planning to get water stations etc setup, never mind possibly shutting schools, trains etc.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, cowdog said:

Ohh great. Overnight runs are showing 40C now for a lot of Yorkshire on Tuesday. Government needs to get the message out today as it's going to take a lot of planning to get water stations etc setup, never mind possibly shutting schools, trains etc.

It's an absolute nightmare. I was hoping we won't reach these temperatures but I have given up now. 

• Like 1

Posted

Haha, GFS 6Z going for 42C on Tuesday in parts of the region, with everywhere but the tops of Pennines and the coats being 40C, even Middlesborough is listed as 40C.

This is farcical. The way it's going, somewhere in Yorkshire / Lincolnshire is almost certainly going to break the 40C.

• Like 1

Posted

Can't stand this level of heat but if we are going to have it we might as well go for the record! I'm going to guess my part of Leeds tops at 38c or 39c. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

It’ll be very ‘unbritish’ if it does happen….let’s hope it’s just the usual hype that we all get excited about only to be very britishly ‘disappointed’ in the end. Obviously read ‘disappointed’ as ‘a good escape’.🥵

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Having a few welcome,  short lived showers here today .. 
Not sure if there will be enough rainfall to green up the grass again though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
5 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Having a few welcome,  short lived showers here today .. 
Not sure if there will be enough rainfall to green up the grass again though.

Same here, very fleeting showers. 18c is a perfectly acceptable temperature, feels warmer when the sun breaks through. The ‘threatening’ clouds though don’t seem to be fulfilling their perceived potential - just teasing us really!

505039F2-2F87-492D-B425-68D76194FBA7.thumb.jpeg.f2180c9b51313686a17e1220f530a6db.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Same here, very fleeting showers. 18c is a perfectly acceptable temperature, feels warmer when the sun breaks through. The ‘threatening’ clouds though don’t seem to be fulfilling their perceived potential - just teasing us really!

Went out for lunchtime bike ride at about 12:15. A few spots of rain, but when I got to the turn back point quite a shower the other side of Bridlington towards Lisset. Temperatures a pleasant 18C, winds N. force 3. We had a shower earlier, and my wife was in Scarborough early and there was quite a shower there. So showers are about. Monday and Tuesday plan to do my bike ride before work, around 6am as heat will be brutal by lunchtime.

20220714_123619.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, cowdog said:

Haha, GFS 6Z going for 42C on Tuesday in parts of the region, with everywhere but the tops of Pennines and the coats being 40C, even Middlesborough is listed as 40C.

This is farcical. The way it's going, somewhere in Yorkshire / Lincolnshire is almost certainly going to break the 40C.

It's slightly scary.  It's 30c here where I am on holiday and have needed medication for the chest. 35+ is too hot, so to think what it could be at home next week without aircon does worry me a little as a parent of two young kids.

But alas as ever we cannot control the weather just deal with it.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Models are in pretty good agreement as +24 air goes across us. Even adding 16C to do that gives you 40 degrees. We got 29C with +12 uppers.  Yes I am worried. I know a few people who are fragile this could well take them out.

The record here to break is 35.4C. I'd be happy if it just made that and no further.

Edited by The PIT
  • Thanks 2

I am very disappointed by that Met Office red warning.

While I appreciate the hills to the west, Peak District etc will be cooler, to not have the city centre within the warning area is a huge oversight.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

I am very disappointed by that Met Office red warning.

While I appreciate the hills to the west, Peak District etc will be cooler, to not have the city centre within the warning area is a huge oversight.

You are right, there needed to be a gap for the Pennines, but it's a bit too big on the Eastern side. Sheffield and Bradford both should have been in the red area.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Yes, Sheffield, Wakefield and Bradford all show temperatures either the same as places in the red warning,  or actually higher when compared with the Manchester region. A big mistake from the Met Office.

• Like 1

Posted

Do the met office ever get anything right for Yorkshire the snow is always worse than forecast 90 percent of the time. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Incredibly the schools are not closing on Monday and Tuesday even though there is a danger to life warning according to my lads school they have been given guidance by the department for education that is absolutely shameful.

We are forecast record tempretures at 39c and 38c over 2 days yet they are quite prepared to put people's lives in danger there are some of us that have conditions that are made 10 times worse and if it gets really bad  it has the potential to make us seriously ill or kill us.

If a danger to life warning from Blizzards was issued they would close the schools so I do not know what they are playing at.

Yes our school is open Monday and Tuesday, though a site assessment will take place in the morning so we may close during the day. I think that'll happen, tbh.

Heard another school still had their sports day scheduled for Monday 😅

It'll be utter chaos next week. Not helped by this mixture of amber and red across the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

Incredibly the schools are not closing on Monday and Tuesday even though there is a danger to life warning according to my lads school they have been given guidance by the department for education that is absolutely shameful.

We are forecast record tempretures at 39c and 38c over 2 days yet they are quite prepared to put people's lives in danger there are some of us that have conditions that are made 10 times worse and if it gets really bad  it has the potential to make us seriously ill or kill us.

If a danger to life warning from Blizzards was issued they would close the schools so I do not know what they are playing at.

I suspect many parents will keep their kids home anyway regardless of what the schools say 

26 minutes ago, cheese said:

I suspect many parents will keep their kids home anyway regardless of what the schools say 

For our school, parents have that option and it will not go down as an unauthorised absence 🙂 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

A couple of nice steady showers rolling through here in the last half hour, no where near enough but nevertheless quite welcome,🌧

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

A couple of nice steady showers rolling through here in the last half hour, no where near enough but nevertheless quite welcome,🌧

And its freshened it up a bit, quite a downpour in Brid for 10 mins or so.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
3 minutes ago, mike57 said:

And its freshened it up a bit, quite a downpour in Brid for 10 mins or so.

Yep left work nr Brid and drove home through it, temp dropped from 19c to 15.5c when i got to Burton Fleming,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

This is getting stupid now 40c in Sheffield with a real feel of 41c that is the stuff of nightmares.

I am genuinely scared now 😭

Screenshot_20220716-000144_BBC Weather.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yeah it's crazy that Sheffield isn't in the red warning, it will be warmer there than Rotherham where I am and I'm in the red area!

Met office have never gone above 37c for here on their website yet for Tuesday. We shall have to wait and see I guess. If we have to suffer this though id rather the record did go 

Let's hope storm potential keeps looking better as well 🤞🥵🔥