Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
1 hour ago, mike57 said:

There were some problems with it last week and readings were being ignored. Have they been sorted?

Seems to be sorted now. It hit 31C yesterday when we hit 30.8C (7 miles away and closer to the coast).

Peaked briefly at 29.1C but it has clouded over and dropped back. Hopefully it buggers off so the rise can resume!

Edited by reef
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

32c here now at midday!

Gone up 2c in an hour so if it keeps this up then we will definitely beat the record today I think! 🥵🥵🔥

31.8C here. Really hope we can break the official record today, then smash it tomorrow. Might as well if we're gonna endure this heat. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Hit 30c now at midday on the Wolds (at least with my amateur equipment in my garden) 🌞👍🏼

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
12 minutes ago, Steel City Skies said:

31.8C here. Really hope we can break the official record today, then smash it tomorrow. Might as well if we're gonna endure this heat. 

Yes have to agree. It's not my type of weather at all but let's face it, we're reading this cuz we're all interested in the weather so being part of an event or even history today is still exciting 😎👍

Just take good care everyone!

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, reef said:

Peaked briefly at 29.1C but it has clouded over and dropped back. Hopefully it buggers off so the rise can resume!

Have to say I am a fully paid up member of the heat haters club, but I can understand that tracking the heat has a fascination for weather enthusiasts. I dont get upset about others discussing it, just wish I could get away from it. Mind you at Bempton we tend to avoid the worst of the heat but it feel really hot today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mike57 said:

Have to say I am a fully paid up member of the heat haters club, but I can understand that tracking the heat has a fascination for weather enthusiasts. I dont get upset about others discussing it, just wish I could get away from it. Mind you at Bempton we tend to avoid the worst of the heat but it feel really hot today.

What a beautiful part of the region it is, too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
3 hours ago, Paul_1978 said:

Top temperature on my Eve Weather in the garden yesterday was 29.1C at 15:40

Had an overnight low of 23.0C

Currently 24.0C as of 08:50

Be interesting to see what we get to today, but overall I'm counting down the hours to Tues night/Weds morning!

Am I reading the forecast wrong?

Everyone keeps talking JUST about Mon/Tue but the forecast has the heat right through til Wed eve, in fact suggests the worse night will be Tues into Wed with very little drop in the high temps overnight.

Obviously the forecasts on here are based on GFS etc etc & we’re only 2 days out from Wed now and no change in forecast.I’ve checked different locations with similar results in forecast.

So what am I missing???

Posted
1 minute ago, mike57 said:

Funnily enough me too, I cant stand the heat. However the prospect of beating records means I can stomach it for a while.

We're up to 30.9C now which beats yesterday already. Next stop benchmark to beat is our July record of 31.7C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Absolutely stunning here. And very HOT.

Posted

42 year July record (31.7C) now gone for us. Up to 31.9C.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, RebsAbbo said:

Hit 30c now at midday on the Wolds (at least with my amateur equipment in my garden) 🌞👍🏼

Had a nice swim at Flamborough this morning at 9am followed by lunch at Bempton. 

Bempton was 26c when I left and temp hit 32.5c on car near Sledmere heading home over Wolds.

Currently 32.2c here, only 1.0c off my record now so that should go in next couple of hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

High so far 34.1C the record for us is 35.4C

Last time we hit the record I'm pretty used Paul Hudson used my figures. Western park will be higher as it's lower down.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We’re at 33.1C now.. my station record is 34.6 from 25th July 2019.   
Our conservatory is currently feeling exactly like a sauna.. thankful we have internal doors to isolate it from the rest of the house!

Posted

32.6C the high for us so far. I think it may be a struggle to beat the all time record of 34.0C from August 1990 today but there's a few hours yet.

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, The PIT said:

High so far 34.1C the record for us is 35.4C

Last time we hit the record I'm pretty used Paul Hudson used my figures. Western park will be higher as it's lower down.

Hi PIT,

I spoke to Paul this morning he has Sheffield record as 35.6c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
17 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

Hi PIT,

I spoke to Paul this morning he has Sheffield record as 35.6c.

The Pit is referring to Sheffield Weather live station which if I am right in thinking is Meersbrook/Norton way a few miles from the city centre on the hills above the city centre, you are correct though about Sheffields all time max is 35.6c that should easily go today just on the border with Sheffield we have topped 35c about half an hour ago.

Edited by Derbyshire_snow

Posted
29 minutes ago, reef said:

32.6C the high for us so far. I think it may be a struggle to beat the all time record of 34.0C from August 1990 today but there's a few hours yet.

Might get close between 4-5pm. I still have a nice breeze here. It's warm under the sun but nothing spectacular. I'm from a Mediterranean country though so my opinion might be a bit "invalid". 

Posted

According to Paul Hudson, the all time Yorkshire record is 36.0c in Wakefield. Wonder if this will be broken today?

My station has just hit 33.2c making it the highest temperature reading I have recorded since 2011.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just hit 34 here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

33.3c here in alwoodley.