Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

We have hit 38c 100f officially now absolutely dying here I am really beginning to struggle as the fan is blowing hot air and I am beginning to feel really drowsy never ever want to feel like this again it I make it through today.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

37.2 here now.  Just been to collect our boys from school at the request of the head.  They’re now in the relative cool of our front room at 26.5. The rest of the house is over 30.

Edited by Pipine

Posted

Quite a strong onshore breeze now around 15-20mph which rather annoyingly has stopped the temperature rise in its tracks. We're still on 36.2C though so it feels like a hair dryer!

Posted
19 minutes ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

We have hit 38c 100f officially now absolutely dying here I am really beginning to struggle as the fan is blowing hot air and I am beginning to feel really drowsy never ever want to feel like this again it I make it through today.

Not long to go now mate - take it steady, the less hot weather is almost with us

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Leconfield has been rising like a rocket. Gone from 32C at 11 to now 38C. It's probably got another 3 hours of warming, assuming the cloud doesn't stop it.

Posted
6 minutes ago, cowdog said:

Leconfield has been rising like a rocket. Gone from 32C at 11 to now 38C. It's probably got another 3 hours of warming, assuming the cloud doesn't stop it.

Never thought Id see a temperature like that so close to us. Its 7 miles away from here further inland. The breeze has dampened the rise a bit for us but it has started to go up again, 36.7C now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

38.9 here now! Wow, can I get there....🥵🥵🥵

Over 100f now, can't believe it really, scary!

Posted

Just reached 40.2 C here, after  the 38C yesterday, roll on some less hot air please

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

We’re on a mere 34c at 1.45pm (unofficially) 🥶

Posted

I am really struggling with my breathing now and been sick several times and had flashing in my eyes tried to cool myself down but to no avail this heat is literally breaking me down don't know how much more I can take 39c 102f here absolutely horrific without air con my fans just blowing warm air now.

Posted

Looking at rain-alarm.com and the front appears to be moving in quite quickly now - hopefully not long before it arrives in Yorkshire, perhaps 5-6pm?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
6 minutes ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

I am really struggling with my breathing now and been sick several times and had flashing in my eyes tried to cool myself down but to no avail this heat is literally breaking me down don't know how much more I can take 39c 102f here absolutely horrific without air con my fans just blowing warm air now.

Might be worth calling 111 for some advice, that sounds like heat exhaustion?

Some tips for getting yourself better here .. 

default-social-image.a74435697f45.png
WWW.NHS.UK

Heat exhaustion and heatstroke are potentially serious conditions that can occur if you get too hot. They usually happen during a heatwave or in a hot climate...

Edited by Pipine
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

Some of those symptoms are hallmarks of heatstroke. Do not hesitate to call 999/111 if your symptoms persist or worsen, however inconvenient you deem it to be.

Take care of yourself. FWIW, I find having a cool shower in a t-shirt/shorts a very good way of cooling the body down.

Posted
26 minutes ago, reef said:

Never thought Id see a temperature like that so close to us. Its 7 miles away from here further inland. The breeze has dampened the rise a bit for us but it has started to go up again, 36.7C now!

What is even more impressive is that Bridlington, which is less than 20 miles as the crow flies is currently showing 22c, so thats a almost 1c per mile...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
4 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

Just reached 40.2 C here, after  the 38C yesterday, roll on some less hot air please

WOW

i have no station here but i just had walk to the local shop(5mins) and it feels like a big hot hairdryer out there

also rung in work to say that i am not coming in as i too feel sick with this heat,yesterday was bad enough as we have a toughening furnice(glass furnace) in the warehouse and it was touching 60c inside🤢🥵 and a few members of staff where going home

some storms would be benificial with this heat.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Steel City Skies said:

Some of those symptoms are hallmarks of heatstroke. Do not hesitate to call 999/111 if your symptoms persist or worsen, however inconvenient you deem it to be.

Take care of yourself. FWIW, I find having a cool shower in a t-shirt/shorts a very good way of cooling the body down.

Waiting for the ambulance now just trying to stop myself from panicking and keeping myself occupied never experienced anything like this my arms and legs also feel like tonne weights and the aches I have are next level.

It just gets worse as well looking at the local stations in the valley it has 40c in the Rother Valley.

• Like 5

I'm glad you've sought help. It must be stressful having to call them but they're the best possible people to lean on to help you recover. You have our best wishes; let us know in your own time, when you feel up to it, that you're better 🙂 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

WOW

i have no station here but i just had walk to the local shop(5mins) and it feels like a big hot hairdryer out there

also rung in work to say that i am not coming in as i too feel sick with this heat,yesterday was bad enough as we have a toughening furnice(glass furnace) in the warehouse and it was touching 60c inside🤢🥵 and a few members of staff where going home

some storms would be benificial with this heat.

The wind here is ridiculous it reminds me of one of them wildfire videos where the wind whips up and makes it feel like you are being blown down by a hairdryer.

Local station showing 104f now after showing 100f yesterday absolutely incredible temperatures 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
3 minutes ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

Waiting for the ambulance now just trying to stop myself from panicking and keeping myself occupied never experienced anything like this my arms and legs also feel like tonne weights and the aches I have are next level.

It just gets worse as well looking at the local stations in the valley it has 40c in the Rother Valley.

Take care of yourself, hopefully the ambulance will arrive soon. You did the right thing and they will look after you and make you feel better ☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

I hope you recover soon. My Son had heatstroke as a Child, was so poorly, but you will recover. Do let us know how you get on. Xxxx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Steel City Skies said:

I'm glad you've sought help. It must be stressful having to call them but they're the best possible people to lean on to help you recover. You have our best wishes; let us know in your own time, when you feel up to it, that you're better 🙂 

I hate having to call at the best of times but with the heavy chest and legs and arms and flashing in my eyes and really dull aching pain it has really knocked me for 6 I have had to sit down as I went really wobbly on my feet.

• Like 3

Sheffield over the 100°F barrier for the first time ever with Weston Park at 38.1°C at 2pm.

Edited by Steel City Skies

Posted
Just now, cj114 said:

I hope you recover soon. My Son had heatstroke as a Child, was so poorly, but you will recover. Do let us know how you get on. Xxxx

I am really sorry to hear that it is horrid makes your eyes hurt too, trying my best to try and take my mind off things.

Thankfully I made the decision early doors when it was 32c to get out my house and come to mum and dad's their room are like twice the size of mine and the heat that was trapped in my house was ridiculous it went above 30c upstairs and 27c downstairs which is incredible given my living room is like a fridge most of the time even in relatively warm weather.

But it shows what this extreme heat can do, I never ever want to experience this ever again without any air con this is what you call suffering in the heat.

Just hope and pray my elderly neighbours are ok I went and checked on them for the last two days to make sure they were ok and went and got one  a fan as she didn't have one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

The move of the top temps to our region might be happening.

Coningsby allegedly at 40C according to the top 20 list on this site.