Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
1 minute ago, RebsAbbo said:

7.30pm we were still at 30c

9.30pm dropped to 27/26.5c

10.30pm 25.5c (because you asked so nicely)

It is gonna be a hot one tonight. Still as you like out there!

I’ve been saying this since Mon, that the forecast was showing the hottest night tonight, with very little drop in temps throughout the whole night. Couldn’t understand why so many were saying it’s just Mon/Tues & oh, can’t wait for Wed….well it looks like it’s gonna a be a slow decline over the next 18/24hrs so keep those fans out tonight 🌡👍🏼

Thanks @RebsAbbo my car not too far off the mark then! Only just come into house from garden and have fans on full blast, long night ahead 🤷‍♂️🙄😴

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Few spots of rain here recently and temp is down to 27c but it feels even worse than last night upstairs in the house 🥵

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Went to Flamborough South Landing for a swim this evening but it was 21c on the beach with a chilly howling gale off the sea, annoying id forgotten my jacket as it was 38c at home when i set off.

Ended up heading inland to Rudston a few miles from Bridlington for a pint where it was a pleasant 27c inland.

Road between Sledmere and Duggleby had partially melted and was covered in potholes from where it had been torn up.

Back ome now and its 25c and 27c in the bedroom, gonna be a tough night with 10 week year ord daughter.

Edited by vizzy2004
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, vizzy2004 said:

Went to Flamborough South Landing for a swim this evening but it was 21c on the beach with a chilly howling gale off the sea, annoying id forgotten my jacket as it was 38c at home when i set off.

Ended up heading inland to Rudston a few miles from Bridlington for a pint where it was a pleasant 27c inland.

Back ome now and its 25c and 27c in the bedroom, gonna be a tough night with 10 week year ord daughter.

Bosville arms does a lovely cold pint of Coors' and a good beer garden😉, i agree tho it will be a tough old night on the sleep front!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Wold Topper said:

Bosville arms does a lovely cold pint of Coors' and a good beer garden😉, i agree tho it will be a tough old night on the sleep front!

Ended up having one of these which I hadn’t had before. It was the first pint of the day so a few sips and it was gone. 

5A570B36-1DD8-4513-AB39-5EDBB637CC74.thumb.jpeg.b988d4987ca286bdee22f3be82314f05.jpeg

E77004A4-1EF6-4276-9294-BB478C0E1430.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, vizzy2004 said:

Ended up having one of these which I hadn’t had before. It was the first pint of the day so a few sips and it was gone. 

5A570B36-1DD8-4513-AB39-5EDBB637CC74.thumb.jpeg.b988d4987ca286bdee22f3be82314f05.jpeg

E77004A4-1EF6-4276-9294-BB478C0E1430.jpeg

Must of been heat evaporation 😂, nice sat in the garden there, good food as well, it's one i 'pass' on the way home 😉

Posted

Finally a breeze has arrived, just gone to bed and we have fresh coolish air blowing through the bedroom windows! #sleep🤞

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Still 27c here. House too hot! Warmer than last night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
6 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Finally a breeze has arrived, just gone to bed and we have fresh coolish air blowing through the bedroom windows! #sleep🤞

Well you must have had all the breeze cos I couldn’t feel that. Woke up this morning & the air is much cooler outside than in, struggling to get the temp down in the house. Currently at 22c outside & after an hour of having all windows & doors open it’s just getting down to 25c inside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

A good cooling wind made for such a refreshing dog walk this morning. Has dropped now but it’s really pleasant sitting in the garden with my cuppa (as opposed to the house).

As much as I’ve absolutely loved the dry ‘holiday’ heat of the day & whilst it’s been beautiful each morning & seeing the wildlife (deer etc) I’m looking forward to more normal temps so I don’t have to get up soooooo early to walk the dogs. It’s not my natural biorhythm ⏰🔨😆

8640FAE2-E948-4085-BFC2-726981166F55.thumb.jpeg.bda3f812c97ad52f0d8f798764db6614.jpeg

587B7605-2D1C-4B54-83BF-903291BC7016.thumb.jpeg.9a2946c0512f4986cffb4776580dfdf3.jpeg

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 3

Posted

well, yet another record here, the highest overnight value at 21.2 C, just 1 C below the average July Max!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted

The breeze is making downstairs comfortable but still over 30C upstairs!

• Like 1

Posted

Very smokey in Sheffield centre something on fire in the fields far distance not sure what? 

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

Lunchtime bike ride (which was back to lunchtime after previous two horrible days) again produced as its signicant feature wind, force 5 gusting to force 7 from NNW. Much cooler with some hazy sun. No rain here, lack of rain I suspect will become the next media frenzy after the recent 'Hottest day ever'.

On a related front, the trains between Hull and Scarborough only resumed at lunchtime today after having been cancelled since lunchtime Monday.  I don't know what happened, it was blamed on severe weather, so I can only assume the track buckled somewhere

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
4 hours ago, Love Snow said:

Very smokey in Sheffield centre something on fire in the fields far distance not sure what? 

Still smell smoke even now ever so often

4 hours ago, Love Snow said:

Ski village again

Posted
2 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I'm sure you're right mike57 and I note that the media have already moved on to more weighty matters at Westminster!

Some folks in power need to think about increasing the number of fire crews available. They were maxed out yesterday and the fires were relatively few considering how dry it's been and how hot. A longer hot spell would have overwhelmed them.

• Like 4

Posted

19.5°c now on the patio, such a contrast to yesterday, mad to think what 24hrs ago was like! Got a lovely cool breeze and my cottage is nice and cool inside, hopefully a good nights sleep ahead 🤞

• Like 3

Posted

Garden therm is still reading 20c but actually feeling decidedly cool now. Didn’t someone say yesterday about living in Aussie that when you have such high temps such as 40 that even high 20s will feel ‘cool’ afterwards. I suppose it’s about acclimatisation, even after only 2 days. 

Think I’ll retire from the garden party now…@Wold Topper🥂- any excuse 😂

• Like 2

Posted

Blimey today there was this strange wet stuff falling from the sky do we know what it's called?

At least smell of smoke has now finally gone.

Posted

Not much sun today, lunchtime bike ride became after tea ride as I have been working in Malton most of the day. Temp 19c wind NE force 2.

Sky looks like there could be some rain about but nothing here yet. Potential for hot weather Sunday appears to have reduced here thank goodness, but further south will not be as lucky by the look of things.

20220721_175846.thumb.jpg.c50724287abb565af1e7e300c8f9be15.jpg

Sky near Grindale about 17.45.

• Like 2