Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

A day of sunshine & cloud (both metaphorically & literally speaking) & I’ve had a grand day spent with family then friends in the village that have made me smile. Really can’t ask for more for a summer’s Sunday. 😊

• Like 1

Posted

Lunchtime bike ride produced wind that changed from NW to E over the course of an hour. The onshore breeze pegged temperatures back so quite a pleasant ride. Sunny with very broken cloud, and loads of harvest bugs and other assorted flying insects.

I am keeping a close eye on the forecast for later in the week, any hint of the high temperatures reaching us and I will start going out early before I start work.

No sign of any rain in the forecast.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

Certainly a very pleasant day here in Bridlington. There's a gentle easterly breeze at the moment which will definitely make it feel cool tonight.

Fantastic blue skies after earlier morning cloud disappeared and a high close to 21c.

More of this to come this week so excellent for the school holidays !

• Like 3

Posted

There was a picture on BBC Look North of the 'Northern Lights' last night at Scarborough. I must have missed it and hope we may get similar tonight. A nice day on the coast but cloudy in Pickering for most of the morning. A breeze on the moors which kept the heat in check and a good day overall, with more to come over the next few days. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Started cloudy this morning as i left the Wolds heading to work, sun came out mid morning in Bridlington and temp crept up steadily throughout the day although the sea breeze kept temps comfortable. A steady warm up as the week rolls out is on the cards but hopefully the north sea breeze will keep temps tolerable! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Woken to a refreshing sea roke (fret / haar) this morning.

B.  🙂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
2 hours ago, Beverley Lass said:

Woken to a refreshing sea roke (fret / haar) this morning.

B.  🙂

That’s interesting. All clear up here but then I wasn’t up 2 hours ago 😆😆. Trying to catch up on sleep (I was awake but not ventured to open the curtains!). About to go on dog walk but it’s feeling very warm already in a cloudless sky ☀️😬🐕🐕
We did have a spectacularly red moon late last night though. It was large & low in the sky all evening then as it dipped below the horizon it really caught the sun. My pic is for the purpose of colour… Camera really needed to be on tripod to pick up any detail, but it gives the gist…

A715A212-A88A-41EF-8376-66EB6F7418FD.thumb.jpeg.5a5f637524627fabc147fade85c4f1fc.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

What an absolutely spiffing Tuesday it is . Copious amounts of sunshine and pleasant temperatures.

We need this all year round and really appreciate the great outdoors.

I wish you all ladies and gentlemen a fantastic day ahead on the coast. 

Have a great day people ❤️

• Like 2

Posted

Stunning days on the Wolds today, although my car had 'dew' on it a 8am it warmed up quickly to around the mid 20's, it is nice that it cools off in the evening making sleeping more comfortable, temps heading up as we head towards the weekend and i have some concreting to do saturday at home as well 🥵😱

• Like 2

Posted

A perfect day and a beautiful sunset tonight, with a large moon to boot. Wind is supposed to be coming round to an easterly direction which may help to peg temperatures, but no indications of sea fret on the coast resulting from warm air from the continent and a cold-ish North Sea. Any reason why not?  

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

A perfect day and a beautiful sunset tonight, with a large moon to boot. Wind is supposed to be coming round to an easterly direction which may help to peg temperatures, but no indications of sea fret on the coast resulting from warm air from the continent and a cold-ish North Sea. Any reason why not?  

92% illuminated moon is lovely again tonight…..got the tripod out tonight to practice with, still early days tho.

612EA832-6029-4DCB-AF56-9210BF83F4F0.thumb.jpeg.8eae7f7934095d64c71584bd4df279a5.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Clear skies all day, high of 26.5c with just enough breeze to keep it bearable. Dropping slightly to 25c now, a glorious evening to come me thinks🍹🌞

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Crept above 30c here today, just after half 4 this afternoon. Another one to add to the tally for this year!

Going to be a few more this week by the looks of it 🥵

• Like 2

Posted

Yes my reading touched 30 C here too this afternoon.
Hotter than I expected today and worse to come.
It's getting concerning for the animals, crops and greenery.
I'm doing my little bit feeding the birds and providing ground water in the garden.

B. 

• Like 2

Posted

Although another warm day, mid 20's, the sea breeze does make things more tolerable and now the sun is low everything cools off nicely, this is so much better than the crazy few days in July!

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Although another warm day, mid 20's, the sea breeze does make things more tolerable and now the sun is low everything cools off nicely, this is so much better than the crazy few days in July!

You said earlier about enjoying the hum of the combines in the evening…I’m hearing that too & I'm appreciating the this dry spell in that I’m not hearing the sound of the grain drying machine from the farm next door but one! A much more ‘serene’ harvest this year, in that sense! Enjoying tea & wine on the patio step, listening to the sounds of summer 🥰

• Like 1

Posted
On 09/08/2022 at 21:15, A Face like Thunder said:

I've probably answered my own question. Threat of sea mists on the East coast from Friday onwards.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, RebsAbbo said:

You said earlier about enjoying the hum of the combines in the evening…I’m hearing that too & I'm appreciating the this dry spell in that I’m not hearing the sound of the grain drying machine from the farm next door but one! A much more ‘serene’ harvest this year, in that sense! Enjoying tea & wine on the patio step, listening to the sounds of summer 🥰

Yep the 'dryers' being used a lot less this harvest due to moisture % low enough to 'tip' straight to the grain store, keeps costs down as well not using diesel to run the dryers, also makes harvest a tad quieter in the village 😂

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I've probably answered my own question. Threat of sea mists on the East coast from Friday onwards.

Hiya,  I had a mist on Tuesday and just been out in another good one now.  So refreshing.
Paul Hudson forecast it.    I'm c. 7 miles inland.

BL  🙂

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Hiya,  I had a mist on Tuesday and just been out in another good one now.  So refreshing.
Paul Hudson forecast it.    I'm c. 7 miles inland.

BL  🙂

Also misty around here, got back from my 'pre work walk' about 15 mins ago, and very still with low level mist, but the sun already starting to break through. So far sea breezes have pegged temps back here, unlike in the last heatwave. Just keeping my fingers crossed they continue to to so. The slack pressure gradient across the UK should mean the sea breezes overcome any prevailing winds.

• Like 2

Posted

Yes, we’re well & truly in the sea haar too this morning. Was expecting a very early morning dog walk due to the forecasted high temps early doors but this looks to be keeping a lid on it for a little while. Might have time for a cuppa first after all, although I can see the sun is starting to burn though rapidly. Looking forward to another hot day but keep cool everyone 👍🏼

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

See Fret was patchy on my drive to work, the temp difference was noticeable, starting to burn off now at work near Bridlington, a warm day ahead but thankfully we have a nice breeze! 

• Like 2

Posted

Clear blue sky's and bloody warm 🥵 still got a slight breeze but not as cooling as yesterday, and i am stuck a work 🙄