Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

Beautiful day in Bridlington. Comfortable temperature under a mix of cloudy and sunny skies today and just a gentle breeze.

This sure has been a fantastic summer overall for June and July.

The days are starting to get shorter now so enjoy everyone as August approaches rapidly.

Summer holiday season in full swing and plenty of classic dance tracks being played on the north beach rides close to the leisure centre.

Have a great weekend people ❤️

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, matt brid said:

Beautiful day in Bridlington. Comfortable temperature under a mix of cloudy and sunny skies today and just a gentle breeze.

This sure has been a fantastic summer overall for June and July.

The days are starting to get shorter now so enjoy everyone as August approaches rapidly.

Summer holiday season in full swing and plenty of classic dance tracks being played on the north beach rides close to the leisure centre.

Have a great weekend people ❤️

Strange, just up the coast at Whitby and on the moors, it stayed resolutely cloudy until late afternoon, after which the sun came out and made for a very pleasant evening.

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
2 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Strange, just up the coast at Whitby and on the moors, it stayed resolutely cloudy until late afternoon, after which the sun came out and made for a very pleasant evening.

I think my post earlier was cursed 🤦‍♂️, by the time i got back home on the Wolds at 5.30 it had clouded over, although not unpleasant, there was a nagging breeze and the temp had dropped!  🙄

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Another cloudy wet start to the day here in South Yorkshire. 

• Like 1

Posted

Woken up to grey skies in Bridlington and it has been raining .

Mixed weekend to come for sure.

July has been a fantastic month overall but the days have notably started to get shorter as usual although sunrise is at a nice time now (rather than at a ridiculously early hour around the summer solstice).

They should move summer school holidays to start around June 21 and end them around August 7 (to make use of the maximum daylength).

In the process creating a new bank holiday in the autumn and making half term 2 weeks long ,rather than the traditional 1 week.

The late August bank holiday would stay as it is OR move it to the FIRST monday in August (just like in Ireland)..

Come on Ol Blighty forward thinking please 🌞🌞🌞

34 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Another cloudy wet start to the day here in South Yorkshire. 

It's just another Ol Blighty Day !

Posted
10 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Bridlington is low lying and benefits from its own local climate.

That either is a positive or a negative thing and mostly governed by sea temperature.

Superb day yesterday in terms of feel like temperature , variable cloud cover and some sunshine.

In Brid they call that a heatwave !

Posted

Spent the day at Saltburn. A shower mid-afternoon but otherwise dry but mainly cloudy and warm/humid until we returned to Whitby, whereupon the heavens opened. with repeated showers until the last hour. A similarly mixed forecast for tomorrow it seems.    

• Like 2

Posted

Showers on and off today! With a dry period during the middle of the day, turned wet at teatime but temps mild throughout, raining again this evening 🤷‍♂️🌧🍻

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Soggy morning out there! Just my luck as I've got a market stall with the wife in Driffield today as part of Yorkshire Day celebrations.

Does look like it'll clear up bi mid morning but set up is looking a bit damp!

• Like 1

Posted

I haven't got numbers but must have had a lot of rain overnight and it's still coming down, large pools and puddles on all roads out there. 

• Like 2

Posted

6mm of rainfall here in Brid overnight to 7am and it's still raining now lightly at 09.55.

Everything will be greening up here nicely after some rain about 5 days ago also (7mm).

So probably end up around 10mm for this rain event over the last 18 hours by lunchtime today.

Very quiet morning but good luck to the wonderful England Lionesses at Wembley later in the Euro Final against Germany 🙏👏🙌

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

11mm recorded here in last 24 hours which has just taken me over 30mm for the monthly total. That's very low obviously.

Let's see what August brings...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Yes, a lot of rain overnight & this morning really quite heavy. Has caused a number of flood patches on the road to Hunmanby/Filey that had to be negotiated on an unplanned trip to the vets this morning. Rain lighter now but still coming down. ☔

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Happy Yorkshire Day .. been a lovely weather day here in the East.

😊

• Like 3

Posted

Yes, happy Yorkshire Day. This was from yesterday. A misty start but turned into a nice day at Whitby and on the Moors, and warm but not too hot. Clouded over now and looks as though we may get some heavy rain in the next 24 hours, which will be good for the moorlands if not the holidaymakers! 

Edit - rain has set in as I type! 

diner 1.jpg

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 4

Posted

Right on que the rain has arrived, glad i checked the radar and left the watering can in the shed tonight, should 'freshen' things up a tad!

• Like 2

Posted

Some heavy at times thundery rain about across our region this morning. 

I'm sure our gardens are loving it. 😁

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

The merest damper here unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Nearly 7mm here today, quite a lot really and it was lovely to see and hear heavy rain for a while this morning 😍🌧️

Posted

Some really humid warm air across East Riding of Yorkshire today and just a little rain in Bridlington this morning.

Shame this won't stay for long as the nights are lovely and toasty.

Skies just starting to break from the west now. Let's hope for some more warm weather over the next 2 months and some heavy showers also.

Have a great day people 🙏

• Like 2

Posted

As @matt brid says warm and humid.

Lunchtime bike ride produced horrible muggy murky cloudy weather with enough drizzle to pump up the humidity but not even enough to wet the ground properly, so worst of all worlds but a SW force 3-4 that felt as if it was blowing out of someones bathroom after a shower

As a confirmed heat hater just wish this stuck pattern would break, looks like another month of above average temperatures ☹️

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, mike57 said:

Lunchtime bike ride produced horrible muggy murky cloudy weather with enough drizzle to pump up the humidity but not even enough to wet the ground properly, so worst of all worlds but a SW force 3-4 that felt as if it was blowing out of someones bathroom after a shower

As a confirmed heat hater just wish this stuck pattern would break, looks like another month of above average temperatures ☹️

This is the weather I am used to but it doesn't last long in Bridlington.

Infact I am used to 25-30c in the summer after living in London a long time.

Always makes me chuckle in April or early May when I hear folk saying it's going to be hot.

17-21c isn't hot LOL.

This summer has been excellent I feel though and plenty of warmth to enjoy across Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.

Have a great day sir 🙏

Posted
50 minutes ago, mike57 said:

Just 1.2mm of rain from earlier, not nearly enough. Its now gone very warm with a max of 27.1C.

You just know it'll remain above average until winter when we'll get the coldest one for years. Normally it'd be welcome, but this year of all years with gas so expensive sods law says its going to happen!

Posted
52 minutes ago, matt brid said:

25-30c in the summer after living in London a long time.

I actually spent the first 23 years of my life in London before moving away in 1980. I prepared the following chart to illustate another point, but I have changed the threshold to 30C, and it shows a cluster of years where the highest UK temperature never exceeded 30C. There were a number of cool years starting in 1958, with 10 sub 30C years from 1958 to 1981. Even the summer of 1976 doesn't stand out when compared against the post 2000 years.

image.thumb.png.7313a6c4044d93ce851b613f1fdf8762.png

Edited by mike57
  • Like 1