Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

South Yorkshire missed today's rain for the most part. Only 2mm recorded here in last 24h.

We did get some last few days though. Very muggy air right now out there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

A good soaking here on the Wolds late afternoon and over teatime, very welcome although no where near enough in the grand scheme, it was most refreshing non the less!

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Wettest day of the year here with 16.4mm recorded since midnight.

Wasn't forecast whatsoever so a nice surprise as its the first recorded rain in 23 days.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Travelled between Lincolnshire & Yorkshire today. Was a stark 5c difference! Set off from Yorks at 23.5c at 1pm, arrived in Lincs 3pm to 26c, possibly 28c in full sun. Returned to 21c & full on rain by 5pm. Rain definitely welcome. Forecasts do seem to change rapidly,  even within the same day. The joys of UK weather 😊

Posted

Well we've had a good drop of rain and thankfully the hosepipe can stay in the shed tonight, also there is a noticable breeze out there but it is still warm even at 22.30, a mild night ahead!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Had a day of alternating hours between warm sun (around 23c) & rain, & proper rain at that. Been heavier with each passing shower. Now have this on the radar!

24C8AF67-A05F-4FA7-87DA-4B9C5F0490CB.thumb.jpeg.9545ff8b715a79586b0ccb4db35854da.jpeg

7489B7B0-2387-4E50-9409-A34AD35275F4.thumb.jpeg.0a15c30ecb1d5bdd45296ee12241054e.jpeg

Yep, think this is normal July weather….

• Like 1

Posted

Just had some proper rain here, we have missed a lot of the showers over the last st week or two, but it started around 4.30 and its been raining solidly for about an hour with some very heavy bursts in it. I can almost hear the grass growing, but will happily get the mower out if it means an end to heat and humidity.

Edited by mike57
  • Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, mike57 said:

Just had some proper rain here, we have missed a lot of the showers over the last st week or two, but it started around 4.30 and its been raining solidly for about an hour with some very heavy bursts in it. I can almost hear the grass growing, but will happily get the mower out if it means an end to heat and humidity.

Yep Mike, had a proper soaking from 4.45pm, steady heavy rain right through teatime, it's still drizzling now, really needed and most welcome!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

The welcome rain as reached South Yorkshire, not heavy but still nice to see.

• Like 2

Posted

The light, but continuous rain has continued into the late evening, this will soak into the ground better than heavy passing showers that just run off the surface after dry weather, quite refreshing out, although i only went as far as to put the bin out 😁,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

The light, but continuous rain has continued into the late evening, this will soak into the ground better than heavy passing showers that just run off the surface after dry weather, quite refreshing out, although i only went as far as to put the bin out 😁,

…..bin out 🙄. Cheers 👍🏼👍🏼

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

…..bin out 🙄. Cheers 👍🏼👍🏼

Blue bin day, tomoz 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Blue bin day, tomoz 🤣🤣

Done, thanks

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

Coolest day for a good while in East Riding of Yorkshire.

Had 7mm of rainfall in Bridlington yesterday and it has been raining again now for about 90 mins (mostly drizzle and light rain).

Certainly a fairly poor day here for the end of July.

Still time for that to change today though with some sunshine this evening perhaps .

• Like 2

Posted

Bridlington was the coolest place in Yorkshire last Tuesday at 24c .

Only thanks to a south south easterly wind direction - which kept the bay MUCH cooler .

Scarborough was 35/36c as a comparison which is truly remarkable.

The temperature actually rose in Bridlington on the Tuesday night to 26c and it felt a lot hotter on Wednesday morning due to a change in wind direction (south westerly).

• Like 2

Posted
20 hours ago, mike57 said:

It's been a decent summer in this part of the world but it remains a cool area overall.

Good to see some decent rainfall yesterday late afternoon / early evening and the wood pigeons we're loving the rainfall (having a good clean).

Dismal day today though but the sun will return this week.

I wanted to post recently but I keep having problems with my account so I got knocked out and couldn't remember my password LOL.

• Like 2

Posted

Well, first day today for about 3 months that I have needed my waterproofs on my lunchtime bike ride. Ride out was OK, but sky looked threatening, got about a mile into the return ride and saw the rain moving in across the landscape, managed to get waterproofs on before a heavy shower, and rode home in the rain.

Not complaining mind you, we need the rain, and at least its not hot.

Rain clouds over Grindale Airfield

20220726_123329.thumb.jpg.ea190ddf7a9307357d8bba22a1385fab.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
3 hours ago, matt brid said:

Coolest day for a good while in East Riding of Yorkshire.

Had 7mm of rainfall in Bridlington yesterday and it has been raining again now for about 90 mins (mostly drizzle and light rain).

Certainly a fairly poor day here for the end of July.

Still time for that to change today though with some sunshine this evening perhaps .

Your wish has been granted?  Tis here🌞

• Like 1

Posted

A cool start to the day at 13c but light cloud & sun are the features of the day & the temp has risen nicely to 22c here, higher than the 19c forecast. What I can’t believe is that after the last 48hrs of fairly consistent rain, heavy at times (river flowing on the roads) the garden pots are dry as a bone already. I’ve neglected a hanging basket on the front of the house for a few days but it seems the rain just didn’t touch it & I’m not sure if it’ll recover! Still, if the water rations start soon, I’ll lose them all anyway. Hey, ho.

• Like 1

Posted

Lunchtime bike ride produced 19c at home, a bit more inland, with a force 3 SE wind and sunny intervals. Very pleasant, my sort of weather.

• Like 2

Posted

I meant to add that I was cold, cold, cold  last night in the caravan and even put the electric blanket on at 2am! I suspect this is because I have had to get used to the overnight heat in Cheshire over the last week in a house where the upstairs is always considerably warmer than ground level. 

• Like 2

Posted

The weather has got progressively better as the day wore on, we now have warm bright sunshine, 20 mins left at work and i can go and enjoy it 😎🍺