Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

It’s a grand start to the day today. Despite the NWly breeze still, it’s not as cool a wind as yesterday making it feel quite pleasant in the sun  

1D45A9AC-69DE-4437-9CC1-C19EC272E54E.thumb.jpeg.aaa16bfa6280cf126b77b9683e750cef.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
2 hours ago, RebsAbbo said:

It’s a grand start to the day today. Despite the NWly breeze still, it’s not as cool a wind as yesterday making it feel quite pleasant in the sun  

1D45A9AC-69DE-4437-9CC1-C19EC272E54E.thumb.jpeg.aaa16bfa6280cf126b77b9683e750cef.jpeg

It is quite pleasant in the sun but the nagging breeze is taking the edge off any warmth, again!

• Like 2

Posted

A colder day today, the sun is warm but the North wind is making its self felt. A few light showers at the coast this morning but dry since lunchtime. Given a choice between heat and cold I will always choose cold as I hate the heat, but this morning was 9C which is more like early spring. Are we in for a repeat June 1975?

• Like 3

Posted

Another 'meh' day and still bl@@dy breezy, a few light showers about today and the evening is turning out to be the best part of the day, yet again!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Despite the rain this morning, walking in the fields this evening the ground is bone dry. Let’s see if we get the predicted rain this week, save me watering the pots ??

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Despite the rain this morning, walking in the fields this evening the ground is bone dry. Let’s see if we get the predicted rain this week, save me watering the pots ??

The rain would be most welcome but hopefully it will clear before the weekend with much merriment to be had!

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

The rain would be most welcome but hopefully it will clear before the weekend with much merriment to be had!

In full agreement with that

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

In full agreement with that

Hope your part of the Wolds is partaking in the festivities, i may let my hair down for an hour or two!

• Like 1

Posted

Some interesting skies on this morning’s walk….

DA369503-D371-4E67-93E8-82EE42E0746F.thumb.jpeg.b64544d784767854497d9388a184fea0.jpeg0B26C0E6-0230-4301-B727-4D7B651A9CBA.thumb.jpeg.cc2ed83e0be3ab8544af7250636c9988.jpeg71EA87D1-70DB-473F-8FFA-FB8488E82F93.thumb.jpeg.8ececef3ab962986501e6e60645fa476.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Lack of rain continues getting fed up with watering the garden every day. Water meter luvs it.

• Like 1

Posted
49 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Lack of rain continues getting fed up with watering the garden every day. Water meter luvs it.

I’ve watered just in case but the rain is here now

@Wold Topper here’s one for you…double pride ????3D7A7FA7-3408-421D-9BCA-D21E019E2774.thumb.jpeg.fccd6957567c61f2160c2456a39cdcdf.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, RebsAbbo said:

I’ve watered just in case but the rain is here now

@Wold Topper here’s one for you…double pride ????3D7A7FA7-3408-421D-9BCA-D21E019E2774.thumb.jpeg.fccd6957567c61f2160c2456a39cdcdf.jpeg

Good capture that one @RebsAbbo, two for the price of one leaning a bit to the left! But grand none the less,

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Back on the NY moors and coast for a few days, and forecast of sunshine and showers was not wrong. Looks as though showers could be heavier tomorrow before starting to die down on Wednesday onwards. 

Welcome back, fingers crossed the bank holiday long weekend will be the improvement of the week????

Posted

I think we’ve just had a lone clap of thunder , but when you live next door but one to a farm you can never be sure it’s not heavy lorries . Sat listening intently now…

Posted

Yep, it’s definitely thundering now, albeit distantly, but there’s lightning flashes behind the clouds too (& steady rain) ????

• Like 1

Radar showed a heavy shower passing through at about 11:30 here but not sure how much of that actually made it to the ground. Certainly we only had light spots here in S5.

Barring the occlusion moving through this morning, we've seen little in the way of meaningful rain so far this week in my part of Sheffield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Had some big showers here this morning, better than yesterday! 6.8mm recorded so far.

Caught this nice cloudscape earlier

IMG_20220531_121424.thumb.jpg.b4cac40c260e27e68431977a0c66dc3e.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

An interesting bike ride today. Abosutely no wind and few spits of rain with a couple of very distant rumbles of thunder. So far we have missed most of the rain, its just to our west, I must have appeased the rain gods. First picture is windsock at Grindale airfield, showing just how calm it was, with lowering cloud, second picture is cloud to the NW and third picture was the most interesting. A very brief funnel cloud appeared, a thin filament at about 45 deg across the middle of the third picture. It was more pronounced for maybe 20-30 secs, but by the time I had stopped and got my phone out it was dissipating.

20220531_124711.jpg

20220531_123208.jpg

20220531_122347.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Managed some rain today mostly in the morning and not  alarge amount. Once again Radar has some lightning strikes just to south of us as the showers build as they move away. Still the 10th driest May on record for us.

Posted
5 hours ago, mike57 said:

An interesting bike ride today. Abosutely no wind and few spits of rain with a couple of very distant rumbles of thunder. So far we have missed most of the rain, its just to our west, I must have appeased the rain gods. First picture is windsock at Grindale airfield, showing just how calm it was, with lowering cloud, second picture is cloud to the NW and third picture was the most interesting. A very brief funnel cloud appeared, a thin filament at about 45 deg across the middle of the third picture. It was more pronounced for maybe 20-30 secs, but by the time I had stopped and got my phone out it was dissipating.

20220531_124711.jpg

20220531_123208.jpg

20220531_122347.jpg

@mike57that’s so bizarre we’re only a few miles up the road from each other & you say you didn’t get the rain….it’s rained most of the day here, lightly this morning then became steadier as the day went on, resulting in the brief thunderstorm. Rain didn’t stop til about 3.30pm. The gypsey race was flowing well along the bottom of the valley for much of the day. We’ve had a right royal soaking ??.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

@mike57that’s so bizarre we’re only a few miles up the road from each other & you say you didn’t get the rain….it’s rained most of the day here, lightly this morning then became steadier as the day went on, resulting in the brief thunderstorm. Rain didn’t stop til about 3.30pm. The gypsey race was flowing well along the bottom of the valley for much of the day. We’ve had a right royal soaking ??.

Its been tipping it down in Driffield for the last hour n half but as you drive out into the sticks it gets drier, we dodged a lot of the rain today at Carnaby aswell but from work i could see the dark clouds/rain on the Wolds! ⛈

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

@RebsAbboYou could see the rain to the west and about 12.45 when i was out it looked heavy, had a couple of showers but that's all. Looking on the radar the patches of rain were hardly moving in our bit of the Wolds, just building and decaying again. I think we were at the centre of the surface low with the bands of rain circulating. Another picture I took looking more towards Burton Fleming

20220531_123200.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The PIT said:

Managed some rain today mostly in the morning and not  alarge amount. Once again Radar has some lightning strikes just to south of us as the showers build as they move away. Still the 10th driest May on record for us.

We were re-brewing them today as they fizzled over us before reigniting further east. A common set up for us!