Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
38 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Developed into a nice afternoon here in Whitby and good to see families enjoying themselves on the beach, with little or no wind to spoil the warmth. Clear skies now and a tad chilly.  

Certainly cool on the Wolds this evening, i've fired up the log burner (my only source of heating) to take the chill off, only burning off cuts for an hour or so but it is certainly a tad chilly!

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Not in Kansas anymore Toto….

18E259AD-18F5-4680-9212-D15C79D98F0D.thumb.jpeg.1c56bf01d7a309fc8ce66f01c6b54fe4.jpeg  6800C51B-BA7A-4AD0-8B74-21E9234C8D6C.thumb.jpeg.25f60827d1fc4415bc8b6168bb03f1f5.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, RebsAbbo said:

Not in Kansas anymore Toto….

18E259AD-18F5-4680-9212-D15C79D98F0D.thumb.jpeg.1c56bf01d7a309fc8ce66f01c6b54fe4.jpeg  6800C51B-BA7A-4AD0-8B74-21E9234C8D6C.thumb.jpeg.25f60827d1fc4415bc8b6168bb03f1f5.jpeg

Bright lights, Big city

• Like 1

Posted

17°c and bright sunshine, just in time to finish work and head home, hello garden

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Weather seemed to be better on the coast and moors rather than the Vale of York where there were heavy showers until late morning. Glorious evening at Whitby and a great sunset just now.

Yep, lovely evening on the Wolds, nice bit of sunshine to cap the day off and we managed to dodge most of the rain after what was a cloudy morning,

• Like 1

Posted

A very nice start to the day, sunny and light winds, we've gone down to Beverley this morning and I wish I had put a tee shirt on.

• Like 1

Cumulus building up well, no doubt aided by orographic lift from the hills to the west. Actually underneath some dark bases here, but otherwise it is fair and much warmer today.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Lovely summers day with sunny spells dry after a few bonus showers the last two days.

Whether it stays dry overnight is another question. Local forecastd ry while convective weather indicates it turning showery later on.

Been a while since I had to hedge my bets that much on writing my weekend outlook. A lot of uncertainty for Sunday in what develops and how far north it gets, intensity, etc...

Posted

A sunny afternoon around these parts with a pleasant temp, quiet enjoyable in the sunshine but clouded over into the evening taking the edge off what was a warm, useful day, 

• Like 2

Posted

Cloudy but dry morning followed by a sunny afternoon with a bit of warmth through until teatime, then the clag rolled in after 7pm with a nagging breeze taking away any warmth, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Two days of contrast. Brillaint day yetserday today cool aad cloudy. Radar says it's raining here but it's blown a fuse and not a drop falling and the cloud pretty thin. A wet day tomorrowif we are very lucky perhaps the odd rumble.

Posted

It seems to me after we hit the northern edge of the thundery rain around dinner time tomorrow that a seperate batch of storms and heavy rain movew over yorkshire (south yorkshire in particular) and becomes particularly slow moving sunday night into monday morning.

Lots of models showing between 40 and 70mm in places. (The worse the further east in the region you are) 

Flooding could actually become an issue, however we may be spared the worst due to ground not currently being saturated.

I guess well see.

Doesnt bode well for any further rain midweek however!

These are 48 hour total accumapated charts.

The hi res models are fairly consistent with this

Screenshot_20220604-204550_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Scott Ingham
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

A grey, somewhat chilly, breezy day on the Yorkshire Wolds today, but it was dry so you have to make do!

• Like 2

Posted

A cold NE wind at the coast this morning. Hopefully rain will hold off until after lunch as I have been doing some fairly major repairs to the back of our bungalow. All the new wood is up and sealed against weather, just needs a coat of primer, that will keep worst of the wet out.

Very grey and looks like rain if I am honest.

• Like 2

Posted

Its about time the second warning came out it was obvious!

I think people are underestimating the potential for widespread flooding in yorkshire tonight

Edited by Scott Ingham

Posted

A majority of the models now take the majority of the heavy thundery rain MUCH further east. Well see come the time but the chances thankfully of impactful rain is a lot lower than it was just 18 hours ago

Posted

Throughly miserable day round these parts today, cool, grey horrible clag this morning followed by rain mid afternoon that has continued into the evening, bloomin chilly as well, total carp!

• Like 1

Posted
14 hours ago, Wold Topper said:

Throughly miserable day round these parts today, cool, grey horrible clag this morning followed by rain mid afternoon that has continued into the evening, bloomin chilly as well, total carp!

Yes managed to get my outside work finished before the rain started (just), the only problem was some repointing, which of course faced straight into the driving rain, only a small patch, may be 1ft square which will have to be redone. I think it rained most of the night, it was certainly still raining when I got up at 5.30, although it has cleared up now. Had to refill log box last night as woodburner was lit at about 6pm.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, mike57 said:

Yes managed to get my outside work finished before the rain started (just), the only problem was some repointing, which of course faced straight into the driving rain, only a small patch, may be 1ft square which will have to be redone. I think it rained most of the night, it was certainly still raining when I got up at 5.30, although it has cleared up now. Had to refill log box last night as woodburner was lit at about 6pm.

Funnily enough i lit my log burner yesterday, only had it ticking over but i had to take the chill off, i shouldn't need to be using it in June!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Funnily enough i lit my log burner yesterday, only had it ticking over but i had to take the chill off, i shouldn't need to be using it in June!

Reminiscent of the Silver Jubilee weather in 1977, cold and wet...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Contrary to the MetO rainfall rainfall it is not raining here, on the contrary, it's Sunny!!!