Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
12 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Sleety in terms of you can see actual snowflakes or just rain which looks "sleety"? 

Raindrops with bits of ice in them, can only tell by looking at a skylight or car window, thought thats what sleet was.

Posted
3 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Anyone seen the Euro4 for tomorrow 

C.S

According to euro 4 30-40cm peaks and Buxton... it over does accumulations... or so I’ve heard

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
6 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Euro4 looks very good for parts of the region- 5cm in places?

image.thumb.png.4e4bee7b129859a7dc6c4d62a53c3394.png

Ironically you have waited years for a 5cm covering surely that carnt be achieved twice in 3 days for your location??

C.S

Posted

As others have said, the 12z EURO4 is an absolute peach. 

This is a very good test for this model - if it turns out correct , most of the NW will have lying snow by tomorrow morning, with a decent covering even on the Wirral. 
Don’t want to get my hopes up but I have found this model to be very very good at identifying Irish Sea convection and streamers. 

The general premise is a streamer through the Wirral and Manchester by 4am tomorrow (slightly further north in the early hours before sinking south) , then more widespread snow showers through the day tomorrow. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

you can see by the evening Manchester has a very good covering indeed. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
34 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

WRF 12z still wants precip to reach us Sunday

It sure does!

2130495710_SUNWTF1.thumb.png.73b3a216ba1d39eb43d14428c21c89d1.png1990521626_SUNWTF2.thumb.png.219f644e497eff72aecb129cd42568f3.png

It actually pivots north to cover most of the region before pulling away, so still a real mish mash of tracks.

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 4

Posted

Euro4... does however have Sunday’s feature missing us entirely. 

Edited by Joe Bloggs

Posted

Streamers have consistently been the best way to get snow cover imby over the years. They're obviously very hit and miss. I see a few are starting to form in the Irish sea but surely rain still yet. Maybe some hail if a few of the showers get juicy  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

One thing to note, not windy at least it isn't here. It seems in recent times, when it has been windy, it hasn't been productive for low level snowfalls with these airmasses

1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

One thing to note, not windy at least it isn't here. It seems in recent times, when it has been windy, it hasn't been productive for low level snowfalls with these airmasses

Yes this is one thing in our favour this time

Posted
33 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

As others have said, the 12z EURO4 is an absolute peach. 

This is a very good test for this model - if it turns out correct , most of the NW will have lying snow by tomorrow morning, with a decent covering even on the Wirral. 
Don’t want to get my hopes up but I have found this model to be very very good at identifying Irish Sea convection and streamers. 

The general premise is a streamer through the Wirral and Manchester by 4am tomorrow (slightly further north in the early hours before sinking south) , then more widespread snow showers through the day tomorrow. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

you can see by the evening Manchester has a very good covering indeed. 

Looks a belter mate, I so hope it's right. I'm getting very thin sitting here waiting posting chart after chart, watching all the amazing pictures of snow flying in day after day.

The Mrs and I actually ventured out today for the first time for a short walk since being hit with the virus, so a covering of snow tomorrow would be perfect timing and a big lift to be able to go out and walk in it.

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 5

Posted

image.thumb.png.00e6643f32a21defe8ec19902b990cff.png That current streamer looks to intensify over next 2 hours.. lets hope so. (EDIT: scratch that, glitch in radar)

Edited by SnowWatcher2
glitch

Posted
Just now, Day 10 said:

Looks a belter mate, I so hope it's right. I'm getting very thin sitting here waiting posting chart after chart, watching all the amazing pictures flying in day after day.

The Mrs and I actually ventured out today for the first time for a short walk since being hit with the virus, so a covering of snow tomorrow would be perfect timing and a big lift to be able to go out and walk in it.

Fingers crossed for you!!!!

Sounds like you’re both in the mend, or getting there at least. Wishing you all the best. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Fingers crossed for you!!!!

Sounds like you’re both in the mend, or getting there at least. Wishing you all the best. 

Yes it hasn't been the best few weeks but we are both getting there slowly, thanks.

Today was our first day out the house since NYE! A bit of exercise and some proper fresh air just makes you realize how precious life is.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
Just now, Day 10 said:

Yes it hasn't been the best few weeks but we are both getting there slowly, thanks.

Today was our first day out the house since NYE! A bit of exercise and some proper fresh air just makes you realize how precious life is.

Couldnt agree with you more mate.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
25 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Yes this is one thing in our favour this time

If in doubt, consult the oracle.

Right, been a $5!£ day so give me the good news?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

Glad you and your missus are on the mend mate. I'm 71 this year and due to get the vaccine soon. I have some respiratory issues so if I get the damn virus I'll probably get it bad so the call up for the jab can't come soon enough, hope it protects.

• Like 6

Posted

Just look at how its progressed over the runs(Sunday)... its heading the right way  

image.thumb.png.e7d4a7150871ecf575e1dbad1e35ece7.pngimage.thumb.png.065b2f337ab6f1913981d9396cf9dc9c.pngimage.thumb.png.07d5aa4d1135ce2ce8cb756306939be6.png

Edited by SnowWatcher2
  • Like 2

Posted
32 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Glad you and your missus are on the mend mate. I'm 71 this year and due to get the vaccine soon. I have some respiratory issues so if I get the damn virus I'll probably get it bad so the call up for the jab can't come soon enough, hope it protects.

Thanks mate.

Hopefully you steer clear of it until then and hopefully it is the answer, I'm not totally convinced with all these new variants cropping up though. Cat & mouse at the minute and unfortunately we are still the mouse. 

• Like 1