Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Don't see areas south of Banbridge for instance getting above 0 Celsius on Friday.

image.thumb.png.2d56ca002ae942679d2a0fdace26faa1.png

https://www.met.ie/full-screen-maps  you can zoom in on the temps chart, very useful this as certain areas are locally more cold than the zoomed out chart shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
7 hours ago, na52 said:

Oh I'm calling first flakes , snowed here this morning with that wee shower that passed through about 6:40 

Bravo! It's going to be cold enough for us all to see snow from tonight onwards really. Keeping my fingers crossed. Haven't had long snow here since March 2018. That's creeping up on 6 years. Dublin snow shield is as good as it gets! Models are really unsure about longevity and Met Eireann keeping their powder dry too! As always, time will tell!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

Tiny flakes falling about half an hour ago. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, O'Maille80 said:

Tiny flakes falling about half an hour ago. 

Snow showers about. I’m in Dundalk and northerlies and north easterly never pay off due to a lot of mountains in the way north of me I’m afraid. But just picked up a new awd cupra formentor today so hoping to test the drifting even if it’s only heavy frost. Also, anyone recommend the very best pro re mappers? re no warranty issue.
image.thumb.png.1ea20f1891a5bfd807662da7d653a187.png

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Downburst said:

Snow showers about. I’m in Dundalk and northerlies and north easterly never pay off due to a lot of mountains in the way north of me I’m afraid. But just picked up a new awd cupra formentor today so hoping to test the drifting even if it’s only heavy frost. Also, anyone recommend the very best pro re mappers? re no warranty issue.
image.thumb.png.1ea20f1891a5bfd807662da7d653a187.png

Don't know about warranty issues or what not , but I know this boy has a good reputation ..on his car he has managed to ring near 500bhp from an Astra ...it's nuts 

https://www.facebook.com/SBRTuning

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Hey, its -0.1 here was a bit lower when I got up and everythings frosty this morning

Posted
36 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Complete dud snow wise for Ireland from this cold spell it seems.

Yep we never seem to benefit from slack easterlies and frontal system breakdowns give me a roaring northerly anyday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
5 hours ago, booferking said:

Yep we never seem to benefit from slack easterlies and frontal system breakdowns give me a roaring northerly anyday.

The Northwesterly last  January 16-21st was great in this neck of the woods. All of the above were snow days with no visible melt. So agree about straight Northerly but we can do reasonably well from a NW as well.

• Like 1

Posted

Not so much as a flake fell here. Not even sleet. A couple of frosts, that's it. Cold rain mostly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Been a welcome dry, quite cold week  after virtually  5 months of rain. Much milder from  midweek so back to model  watching 👀 😀 

• Like 2

Posted

Some wind over the last couple of days, it was supposed to die down yesterday afternoon, so I ventured up the ladder to the eaves to hang the house lights up, had to grab on a couple of times with the force of the wind. Never again! Orange warning for Saturday but felt today was way worse. 2 named storms 2 days in a row is pretty rare. And a hurricane in Leitrim today. Mental times.

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Christmas starting to look interesting particularly from an Ulster perspective.  

Just looking at the charts now, fair to say that IF they came off like that, a lot of the island would be seeing white stuff falling on the big day. The wind would be strong enough to blow it a good bit inland and it will feel baltic!!! Now just 12 more days of model watching to get to a point of confidence. 😅

• Like 3