Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Looks like a patch of 0C 850hpa temperatures moved across NW Ireland 

nmm-uk1-16-2-0.png

Does anyone have records for lowest 850 temps in Ireland during July? I know the lowest ever maximums came from the July 1978 setup which shares quite a big similarities to our current pattern

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
Posted

A month since the last post and no wonder.

This as been fing awful.

Me and the Mrs have decided to emigrate once the kids leave school.

Posted
3 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

Any improvement in the pipeline?

If a warning for up to 70mm for mourne mts. Is an improvement than yes 😀

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
2 hours ago, BIG LAD said:

Summer is over guys. Winter is coming 

Can’t wait for the sleet and “wintry mix” 🙄

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Absolutely awful Summer.  Truly horrific. 

I didn’t think today and this evening was bad for the 18th December, warmer than usual 🤪

Edited by Weegaz
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes a poor summer overall. But June was notably good, July was terrible, August not as bad as July in my view but not "good". Still 10 days of this month, and this week is not too bad. Next week beginning to look a little less settled. Those weekends in July of near persistent rain were rotten. But this is the climate we have and we get summers like this. I expect two very poor summers in a 10 year period, perhaps 5 average (passable) and 3 good to very good by our standards. It's the way it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers
On 21/08/2023 at 10:07, Downburst said:

Yes a poor summer overall. But June was notably good, July was terrible, August not as bad as July in my view but not "good". Still 10 days of this month, and this week is not too bad. Next week beginning to look a little less settled. Those weekends in July of near persistent rain were rotten. But this is the climate we have and we get summers like this. I expect two very poor summers in a 10 year period, perhaps 5 average (passable) and 3 good to very good by our standards. It's the way it is.

Pretty much summed up my view on this summer though I'd say "terrible" is generous for the atrocity of July 2023. Although I personally loathe July 2020 more, we've probably not had a summer month as "objectively bad" as July 2023 in a long long time. June 2012? August 2008? 

Edited by BruenSryan

Posted

The NOAA report on Atlantic hurricanes. Of real interest is the depression forming off the west coast of Africa, predicted to travel north west, then north east, meaning if it does form as a hurricane, it could possibly do a lot of damage to us. One to keep an eye on. Currently at about 60% chance of forming.

The hurricane that hits us a few years ago where there was a country wide red warning, formed here too if I recall correctly. 

This is my 2nd favourite time of year, trying to predict the autumnal storms and if they'll hurt us. Only 2nd to the snow chase of course!

Could contain:

On 29/08/2023 at 10:31, mountain shadow said:

Bloody typical. Summer looks like arriving just in time for Autumn!

Actually fond of a dry bright autumn. Love a walk in an autumnal wooded area around Halloween time, just as the leaves are turning. Can produce beautiful scapes and scenery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

The NOAA report on Atlantic hurricanes. Of real interest is the depression forming off the west coast of Africa, predicted to travel north west, then north east, meaning if it does form as a hurricane, it could possibly do a lot of damage to us. One to keep an eye on. Currently at about 60% chance of forming.

The hurricane that hits us a few years ago where there was a country wide red warning, formed here too if I recall correctly. 

This is my 2nd favourite time of year, trying to predict the autumnal storms and if they'll hurt us. Only 2nd to the snow chase of course!

Could contain:

Actually fond of a dry bright autumn. Love a walk in an autumnal wooded area around Halloween time, just as the leaves are turning. Can produce beautiful scapes and scenery.

Love a good Autumnal storm, especially on a Saturday night .

• Like 1

Posted

This Atlantic hurricane development is now graded at certain to evolve now by NOOA. I’ll watch it closely as they start to predict it’s track, currently moving at less than 20mph N W from the site in the above pic, predicted to gain in strength over the coming days over the warm waters off the African coast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summer. Snowy Winter.

September temperature record under threat Friday according to Harmonie model.

Could contain:

Edited by O'Maille80

Posted

So here is the NOAA storm track. Predicted to become Hurricane force by 11am Sunday, and it's track after will become better known. Most of the guidance I've read predict it will track N/NW and engage with the jet stream where it "could" become an influence on our little island. Certainly has caught my attention now!

Could contain:

Posted

Sorry to break away from this heat today, but this storm I've been keeping a watch on has been named Tropical storm Margot and is still on course to develop into a hurricane and it's path is now predicted on a more NNW trajectory by Wednesday. Very strong likelihood it will get pulled up into the jet stream and booted over near us.

Could contain:

• Like 1

Posted

And as if by magic, the hurricane "Margot" I was talking about is predicted to drop back to storm force winds by weekend and will dissipate further after... Ah well!

Could contain:

Posted

No let up on the Hurricane season, very brisk start to it. Another East Atlantic hurricane whipping up, this one looking to make significant progress north into the Atlantic. Not yet named but identified as 15. This certainly looks like it will join Lee by catching into the jet and ripping across the ocean to our shores. Margot has dissipated significantly without making progress. 

Could contain:

Could contain:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Potential for the first big storm of 2023 on Wednesday as an area of low pressure approaches.

Various warnings already issued with the track of the low to still be determined 

• Like 1