Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2020/21 chat, ramps, moans and banter

Paul

Posted
4 minutes ago, Vikos said:

Today I didn’t lost hope but I lost a bit of the thrill. Not even looked at any strat charts or so. It has become random somehow, and a bit boring chasing d10 charts.

That's not good to hear from you!  However, we are in the middle of a roller coaster ride, so every chance thing's will look better tomorrow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Whilst not unexpected, going to bed with the hope of seeing snow only to wake up to a wet dark Sunday in January wasn't on the cards. 

Mount Batten jumped from 1c to 5c between 1am and 2am and that did it for us. Wind veered into the South from East at the same time. 

Posted

Started snowing lightly after 9am, and by 10 it was coming down quite heavily. Stopped about an hour ago, and now it’s started to snow again.

January 24th 2021, snow in west London. Best I’ve seen since 2018.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Started snowing lightly after 9am, and by 10 it was coming down quite heavily. Stopped about an hour ago, and now it’s started to snow again.

January 24th 2021, snow in west London. Best I’ve seen since 2018.

lucky you, been raining here no snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It's been worse than last winter, at least there wasn't any potential let downs like this year. If it's going to rain all the time I'd rather it was in the form of an atlantic storm and mild.

• Like 1

Posted

Total snow failure here (again) . I think we in the far south east have to accept a proper rather than transitory snowfall only occurs with two synoptic situations either a cold ENE continental polar airstream with previous cold pooling in Europe or an embedded polar low in a cold artic maritime  flow (rare).  Today a weak front by the time it got here from the WNW was the usual let down with just an  odd snowflake seen in the cold rain.

Edited by Kentish Man
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
19 minutes ago, Nimitz42 said:

Once again in Eastbourne just boring rain, iam off now to go and clean the BBQ! 

Eastbourne is on South Coast, I wouldn't expect anything else other than rain especially in this set up dragging winds off channel.  

Kentish Man post above sums this up for far South East. 

Edited by Bradowl
  • Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Eastbourne is on South Coast, I wouldn't expect anything else other than rain especially in this set up dragging winds off channel. 

Trouble is these little niceties are ignored by national forecasters thus raising up the hopes of our neighbours kids only to be let down again. Incidentally these Channel winds clearly extended as far "north" as our neck of the woods

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
16 minutes ago, TheOgre said:

It’s been the best snowfall of the winter in the midlands. It’s been snowing all day and still is ❄️

A2E99B29-CB1E-4D03-A409-DBFE917D9077.jpeg

Aye, definitely is, similar to 10 Dec '17

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, TheOgre said:

It’s been the best snowfall of the winter in the midlands. It’s been snowing all day and still is ❄️

A2E99B29-CB1E-4D03-A409-DBFE917D9077.jpeg

just rain for me

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
2 hours ago, Kentish Man said:

Trouble is these little niceties are ignored by national forecasters thus raising up the hopes of our neighbours kids only to be let down again. Incidentally these Channel winds clearly extended as far "north" as our neck of the woods

They should point out that all coastal areas should forget it regarding any snow, its rain or sleet for you boys and girls. 

• Like 1

Posted

I have to say the Net Weather radar is odd in that the pink for snow was shown over our area for much of today yet it was no more than sleet or in fact mainly cold rain with a few snowflakes apart from the briefest moment (minute or two) of actual snow when it first arrived. 

Edited by Kentish Man

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow.

The snow just clipped us in Manchester with snow in the air. We did get some yesterday morning though, but melted.

Looked exciting for the Midlands today.

Roll on Spring now 

Posted

Blimey not a flake here in Lincoln, but 20 miles down the road Grantham gets plastered. 

Wondering if an expert could tell me why this system is now sinking south rather than continuing on its (slow) northern direction? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Not often it snows down south and not here in the Pennines!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: deep snow/warm sunshine

Wow this winter from an IMY point of view is horrendous. The green eyed monster has hit hard today. All those snow pictures! Congratulations if you got some. Watched the radar all day thinking slowly getting here. abc all rain arhhhh. Roll on summer I’m warn out waiting for snow to appear. Until the winter killer Azores/Iberian high pressure does one there’s no chance of anything non marginal for the east coast. 

Posted

Had a good dumping of the white stuff in Oxford in old fashion terms just over 3 inches nothing 

to complain about.The charts this evening are a bit all over the place as Matt Hugo states anything 

over 144 hrs take with caution,but to me low pressures keen on diving south that has to be more

favourable towards a colder outlook,we shall see of course.