Posted
21 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

More than likely hills whiter than this morning and sleety slush here at best 

will see how the forecast updates later

Updated xcweather has this for Glossop overnight

94814328-3C93-47A9-856E-3AD9B28E81F9.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Got a feeling it's just going to be too windy for snow, I don't know what it is but when there's a breeze blowing it just doesn't happen, something to do with evaporative cooling. The Beasts in Feb/March 2018 exempt as that was just amazing synoptics. Nothing was going to stop snow from that.

• Like 1

Posted

Cold showery day.  Hail showers at times, some snow on the highest ground. Typical March conditions. Might see more general snow down to modest levels overnight, could be a bit icy first thing. Weekend remaining very unsettled and rather chilly.

• Like 2

Posted

Updated netweather going for 16cm snow from 3am to 9am some heavy... at least it’s got temp down to 0c this tim.... Peak District forecast update is interesting everything but the kitchen sink...

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

Updated netweather going for 16cm snow from 3am to 9am some heavy... at least it’s got temp down to 0c this tim.... Peak District forecast update is interesting everything but the kitchen sink...

Yeah we are up to 12, for context the met app is a wash out.

• Like 3

Posted
30 minutes ago, Ramp said:

Yeah we are up to 12, for context the met app is a wash out.

Yep bbc met app sleet at best... I’m guessing just better covering on the hills higher up than what they had this morning... ?‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Your going to need a good excuse as to why your building a snowman on the snake pass. I dont think the officer will listen to "The snow was to runny down near the Royal Oak pub"

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Awake - have been for a while  

Terrier disturbed by something which was unusual. 

Hail sleety mix rattling against the window. Some decent gusts adding to the excitement.

I like March. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
2 hours ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Awake - have been for a while  

Terrier disturbed by something which was unusual. 

Hail sleety mix rattling against the window. Some decent gusts adding to the excitement.

I like March. 

I do myself but prefer it with warm dry weather than cold and wet but it looks like heavy rain, sleet for some and snow for the tops is going to be the main thing this weekend.

I can put up with one day in a two day weekend being written off to rain but it looks like we’ve drawn the short straw and are in line for another wet day tomorrow as well.

as for the here and now, heavy showers with large flakes of sleety snow mixed in and a gusty raw wind.

role on lighter nights and hopefully some warm dry weather before the June and July monsoon no doubt arrives.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Rain, hail, sleet and the odd snow ❄ flake here. Must have had atleast 1 and a half inches of precipitation since yesterday.

• Like 4

Posted

Snow likely to hold on the fells rest of the day, no change in temperature, its a cold one out there, when the showers come, 4 degrees, maxima of no more than 7 degrees expected. Typical March weather really, which often switches between late winter and early spring.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Delayed today’s “essential exercise” until the worst of the showers moved out of the way and it managed to stop dry throughout the hour and half I was out.

It was certainly windy though and a cold wind at that but an improvement on this morning's deluges.

Marginal snow in March doesn’t float my boat and for the first time in ages, I was looking at large flakes blowing horizontally past the window and wanting it to sod off and the sun to come out.

Give me dry and warmth now, snow can wait until next winter.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Still a wintry feel to things out there with that cold gusty wind blowing, had some sleet & hail earlier as well. But at least from Thursday we'll start to see the beginnings of a marked change in light levels as the days become longer than the nights. A sign of warmer times ahead as the northern hemisphere tilts further towards the sun. This is when I start to feel the sun getting more of a kick to it as we go into late March.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Heavy rain showers lashing the window again. No real sign of Spring ‘proper’ anytime soon here’s hoping for some April warmth between the showers. Bulbs I’ve noticed have come up slightly later this year than last thanks to a coldish winter overall. Hoping everyone is staying well we’ll be discussing the first 20c day before we know it!  

• Like 6

Posted

After a mainly dry afternoon, the last couple of hours has certainly made up for it.

Can here the rain bouncing on the conservatory roof.

• Like 2

Posted

Degenerated into a poor late afternoon, heavy hail and cold rain, temps 5 degrees and early descent into dusk, making for a wintry evening feel. Just 2 weeks to go and we can say goodbye to 'winter' evenings as the clocks go forward. On an evening like tonight it can't come soon enough, 4 and half months now made worse by the lockdown. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Well this mornings ECM certainly raises an eyebrow for winters last horary at day 6 and day 7 Saturday sees the -12 isotherm into the region which is certainly cold enough for snow showers to low levels by Sunday slightly milder air -7 isotherm covers the region with snow showers reserved for higher ground with perhaps the risk of a wintry mix to lower levels turning milder there after so a brief wintry blast on the cards for the weekend coming.

C.S

• Like 2