Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Decent bright morning with some decent warmth in the sun turned into a cloudy afternoon with a cold, raw feel.

March at its variable best.

• Like 2

Posted

Grey clouds will be a bit more pervasive here today with fleeting glimpses of occasional brightness.  Rinse and repeat for the next few days.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 3

Posted

Another good day, not as sunny or as mild as the last three, but decent all the same. 5 good days on the trot. Weekend set fair, quite a bit of cloud though, but dry and with light winds will feel ok. Excellent weather for getting outdoors, perfect for a bit of exercise, not too warm yet to feel uncomfortable, but no real chill to things either. Where the sun breaks it will feel very pleasantly warm, the sun is now nearly as strong as mid September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Drove up from a grey for last 4 days Midland to help mum in Blackpool. Roads were back to normal levels all the way up.

As I came into the resort, I could see a sliver of clear sky over the sea so stopped on the prom. Wales, the Lake District, Iske of Man all clearer than I have ever seen them before.

Then the sun slipped from cloud to sea for 3 minutes. Truly magical light.

20210319_182113.jpg

20210319_182417.jpg

20210319_182549.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
On 08/03/2021 at 09:28, Day 10 said:

Just thought I'd drop this in here if anyone is interested, is there a major eruption due?

iceland-earthquake-swarm-volcanic-erupti
WWW.SEVERE-WEATHER.EU

A volcanic eruption risk is increasing, with the alert level now at orange in Iceland after the powerful earthquake swarm continues

_117641255_mediaitem117641254.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Meteorologists say the last known eruption at Fagradalsfjall was about 800 years ago.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Off out for my essential exercise then over to Burnley for my Covid vaccination.

Putting aside the potential ropey day or so that follows, I’m actually looking forward to it, or at least to the extra bit of future freedom it will hopefully offer.

missus is in the 50 to 54 bracket and is having hers on Easter Sunday.

As for the weather, wall to wall cloud but at least it’s not raining.

• Like 4

Posted
15 minutes ago, Day 10 said:
_117641255_mediaitem117641254.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Meteorologists say the last known eruption at Fagradalsfjall was about 800 years ago.

Good to see you posting again mate, I hope your both ok and that you’ve got over last weekends footy result

I looked at the map you showed without reading what it was about and at first glance wondered what was going on across North Wales, the outline is so similar

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Good to see you posting again mate, I hope your both ok and that you’ve got over last weekends footy result

I looked at the map you showed without reading what it was about and at first glance wondered what was going on across North Wales, the outline is so similar

No disrespect to any of these teams but we should be beating Burnley, Newcastle, Fulham & West Ham at home! 12 points dropped, we could have been going for the league! lol

Good win for Burnley though fully deserved mate. Everton are not ready for top 4 I have always maintained a top 6 finish would be a good start for Ancelotti, I can see us challenging properly for top 4 next season with a few more top signings.

How's things with you now mate, all back to normal I hope?

Posted
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

No disrespect to any of these teams but we should be beating Burnley, Newcastle, Fulham & West Ham at home! 12 points dropped, we could have been going for the league! lol

Good win for Burnley though fully deserved mate. Everton are not ready for top 4 I have always maintained a top 6 finish would be a good start for Ancelotti, I can see us challenging properly for top 4 next season with a few more top signings.

How's things with you now mate, all back to normal I hope?

I think you just caught us at a rare moment.

TBH. I haven’t bothered watching us in many games  as we’ve been predictable and poor but the first half was as good as I’ve seen us play in the Premier League.

as for Covid, not fully got over it really unless it’s something else but still having issues with taste and smell and get sudden cases of feeling really tired and sickly but it could have been a lot worse.

• Like 1

Posted
56 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Yes, very much a case of 'will it, won't it' in terms of brightness and sun, and at the moment the wont's have it.

Apolpgies as my post should have been in the south west thread

Posted
5 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Yes, very much a case of 'will it, won't it' in terms of brightness and sun, and at the moment the wont's have it.

Those who put their fiver on Won’t it won the bet, here at least.

at one stage around lunchtime, it brightened a bit and looked like the sun would break through but the afternoon has been wall to wall cloud, low enough at times to hide the tops and pretty raw.

meanwhile over towards the east sunshine and temperatures in the high teens.

never mind there’s always tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted

MWIS almost spot-on for today regarding this side of the Peak District, I did a round-14 mile hike to Marple and back starting at 6am with the hills shrouded in mist & fog which eventually made way for higher overcast cloud (still mildly warm outside despite this) and about a minute of sunshine on the way back 

11.thumb.jpg.424092abb9e81429d1e046f64999d103.jpg25.thumb.jpg.b8a1f0564de4ea19978f484a3f893451.jpg33.thumb.jpg.ea15c55abc7763482cc11601c0c0370d.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A cool day, if anything quite chilly in the wind. Brakes and discs replaced on car and ready for the wife to drive off on Monday morning when she's back at work.

Commiserations to the Everton fans. You kept us out and gave us a couple of scares. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
27 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Slowly turning cloudier through the evening according to Met Office text

How can it slowly turn cloudier when its already cloudy to begin with? 

Probably some young "snowflake" wrote it who recently joined them as a lot of them lack common sense in that regard. Noticed some text last winter saying "very cold" minimum of -2C. That's not very cold, maybe for the Algarve. It's all sloppy judgement for what's supposed to be our national meteorological agency.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

A cool day, if anything quite chilly in the wind. Brakes and discs replaced on car and ready for the wife to drive off on Monday morning when she's back at work.

Commiserations to the Everton fans. You kept us out and gave us a couple of scares. 

We will be a proper good side next year I'm sure, Ancelotti has worked wonders in just over the 12 months he's been here. Things are finally looking good, an owner with tons of money, a new stadium on the way, a world class manager and an ever improving team, need more flair and quality in the summer to go on top of the solid base he's building! Sorry this is all footy but COYB! 

Good luck City for the quadruple, its deffo on for me  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

LOL

h500slp.thumb.png.8fdf45b7e237ec80873d7f6a650d14f2.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

LOL LOL

2.thumb.png.babf4db6b33fe6a96f8020dac256949d.png

Posted

Hey ho, more of the same this morning, and if anything, cloud cover is greater than previous days.

I find it difficult to work out why the North East was so sunny and warm yesterday compared with us in the West. I would have thought that with the location of the high pressure and wind direction, it should have been the other way around. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Hey ho, more of the same this morning, and if anything, cloud cover is greater than previous days.

I find it difficult to work out why the North East was so sunny and warm yesterday compared with us in the West. I would have thought that with the location of the high pressure and wind direction, it should have been the other way around. Any thoughts?

Aye same here.

Posted
36 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Same reason Edinburgh and Fife area saw warmest conditions earlier in the week. Wind from the NW and not off the N Sea, foehn effect sheltered by Border and Cheviot fells.

Here in SE lakes a mini foehn effect has occurred all week, same reason, we've done very well compared to most places, temps up to 14 degrees, lots of sunshine.

Back to here and now, role reversal, South and east will see best conditions days ahead, drier, mildest temps, further north and west becoming quite wet, windy and cool.

• Like 2