Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Absolutely delightful out there. Howling wind, icy rain. If this isn't snuggles weather, I don't know what is.

• Like 3

Posted

The view west at Basingstoke as we exit the storm along the M3.

20211207_161249.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Me and some of my friends share the same view that these days are some of the best,watching the rain fall, although the girls make me and my friend walk twice as far to our meeting point ( Lidl, naturally, we need some reward for going to school lol) grr 

Rain pelting or down much heavier now as the squall seems to have finally arrived 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

The squall hit just as I was driving over the M2 bridge. That was fun

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

It’s just about to his Whitstable. Been taking almost all day here and thoroughly miserable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Went from mean windspeeds of around 30mph instantly to 1mph as the squall passed through

Posted

Do any of our esteemed member understand why we were under a yellow wind warning. I am often surprised by this. Do we think that the deepness of the weather bomb is what prompted this too be done. Its been a moderate wind but nothing like as an example winter 2013.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Hi guys. My mum is looking for a weather station for my Dad for Christmas. She has found on Amazon for £45. I was wondering if anyone might have any recommendations for reasonably priced ones that have wind/ rain functionality as well that can also have their data shared as a weather station on Weather Underground - a neat trick my my Dad would love!! Cheers, John

Edited by John Stevens

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

I was thinking about @Blazerblue this morning walking the dog.  In the dark, on slippery pavements and roads.  Luckily my dog walks to heel on the lead but even so it was stressful doing a Bambi on ice impression and hoping I wasn't going to hit the ground (as already sporting a shoulder injury).   

After an overnight low of 0.7C, the high today was 7C at 15:10.  currently 6C with 80% humidity.  Wind today was from a Se and ESE direction, not anything out of the ordinary for this time of year, max gust of 27mph at 13:30.  From 18:30 wind direction has been from the SW, now W with most recent gust of 21mph.  

Pressure fell rapidly all day, currently 983.1hPa and falling slowly.  Weather station has registered 3mm of rain since midnight, although the short intense bursts appeared to throw down more than that.  

No dramatic sunrise photos but managed to stand in the cold long enough to point phone before what sunrise we had quickly got obscured by cloud.  These photos were taken circa 5 minutes apart to record how the colours changed in that time frame (have kept this sort of visual data in my sunrise album for years).   It's been dark and gloomy all day and fully dark by 3:30pm.  How I'm longing for the winter solstice on 21 December, then I can cheer myself up by the mantra that we're over the hump and each day's light will increase.

Sunrise 7 Dec 2021.jpg

Sunrise b 7 Dec 2021.jpg

Edited by Soaring Hawk
typo
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
8 hours ago, Surrey said:

Very breezy here now.. quite strong for how far inland we are.. can hear it down the chimney and wrapping around the house. My location from a southerly or westerly wind seems to get battered Northly or Easterly.. Nothing

Defined squall now and probably packing a bit of a short but sharp punch 

Was blowing my Woodburner out  

Posted

Pressure has stabilised now at 988.1.

There was quite a bit of local flooding earlier when the squall went through - rainfall total for today - 16.4mm. 

Posted
On 07/12/2021 at 20:40, Jimmyh said:

Do any of our esteemed member understand why we were under a yellow wind warning. I am often surprised by this. Do we think that the deepness of the weather bomb is what prompted this too be done. Its been a moderate wind but nothing like as an example winter 2013.... 

what i do find strange is something that deep pressure wise, fills/dissipates the speed that it does ,like an anti-bomb cyclone ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Nice drive in this morning , clear skies and quite cold but better than the horrible misty rain rubbish. I need to get a weather station , where is best to look ?

Posted

Luckily @Soaring Hawk we didnt have any ice yesterday morning, was expecting it, put wellies on and was fully prepared but nothing, hope you dont get any this morning, think the wind has stopped that happening overnight.

Still breezy here this morning and was hoping for a dry day, but the rain out west looks to get here later on this morning, temp currently 5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Unexpected greeting of sorts as I woke up, decent looking CB 

IMG_0357.thumb.JPG.45f70acee8f3e68ffd7421585063d710.JPGand a couple other features later on 

IMG_0358.thumb.JPG.839f83bfbb88d01ffdaad8d27be17211.JPGIMG_0362.thumb.JPG.530c92c61d82fdf929db3ff7d77e096a.JPGIMG_0363.thumb.JPG.8073274df72a4369ad50badaf206dbc1.JPG

IMG_0366.thumb.JPG.fe24aa25ddfd1c41c2d6a389366475cd.JPG

On the 2nd picture behind the tree that isn't cloud it's rain and for the 4th one that's got that lowering its rain not cloud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 07/12/2021 at 20:40, Jimmyh said:

Don't think it was needed away from coastal strips, but I think they expected a bit more punch in the southerly, ie the storms inflow, that just didn't materialise.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
On 08/12/2021 at 07:45, Eagle Eye said:

Unexpected greeting of sorts as I woke up, decent looking CB 

IMG_0357.thumb.JPG.45f70acee8f3e68ffd7421585063d710.JPGand a couple other features later on 

IMG_0358.thumb.JPG.839f83bfbb88d01ffdaad8d27be17211.JPGIMG_0362.thumb.JPG.530c92c61d82fdf929db3ff7d77e096a.JPGIMG_0363.thumb.JPG.8073274df72a4369ad50badaf206dbc1.JPG

IMG_0366.thumb.JPG.fe24aa25ddfd1c41c2d6a389366475cd.JPG

On the 2nd picture behind the tree that isn't cloud it's rain and for the 4th one that's got that lowering its rain not cloud

Yes had lot's of heavy hail showers over night and this morning here, that could be a picture of one.

• Like 2

Posted

Well didn't lose too many trees as i can see,but leaves mostly gone ...and a couple of shots of Knole house for good measure

20211208_152013.jpg

20211208_152033.jpg

20211208_152239.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Hi Everyone,
As you may have seen, @TomSE12 has started a fun panto in the run up to Christmas with lots of funny characters with weather related names such as Barbara the Bartlett Euro Slug and El Nino the gangster head of a Peruvian drugs cartel. The team thought the panto deserved its own thread and you can now find that on the link below. To follow all the action, take note that the panto performance times will take place after Sammy Snowman has digested the Forecast Model output on the following dates:

THURS. 9th DEC. [GFS T384], SAT.11th DEC [GFS T336]. MON.13th DEC. [GFS T288]. WEDS.15th DEC. [ECM.GFS T240].
FRI.17th DEC [ECM,GFS,UKMO T144]. SUN.19th [ECM,GFS,UKMO T120], and then the same 3 Forecast Models every Day, until 25th.

Enjoy! :ball-santa-emoji:

Edited by Blessed Weather
tidied up
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Just seen the weather and we are heading into a lengthy mild spell with temperatures up to 14c by day, I blame Jeff Bezos

Posted
On 09/12/2021 at 13:43, lassie23 said:

Just seen the weather and we are heading into a lengthy mild spell with temperatures up to 14c by day, I blame Jeff Bezos

At least my heating bill will go down for a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, alexisj9 said:

At least my heating bill will go down for a bit.

You can get Jeff Bezos to pay it lol