Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
5 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Hi all, hope you’re all well, I’m currently isolating with covid well awaiting confirmation. I’ve barely been contributing here the weather has been so tedious, it has been a bore of year really. Would be great that remedied itself before year is out. 

white Christmas anyone?

E4B35A9C-0BDC-4B17-BEB1-B87D1E4C2141.thumb.png.f8c7e661fd5ef2fa58382c4b72c775a9.png

I’ve just finished isolating and gone back to work after having Covid, it’s not fun (I wasn’t well at all). Good luck with your result.

I’d love a white Christmas. My son can never believe I’ve not seen snow at Christmas in the 44 I’ve had so far. I’d love to remedy that this year!

I see the temperature has finally shifted overnight, now 8c but still cloudy.

Posted

Chilly start, 2c but no fog, another spectacularly wrong weather warning, but dull as ditch water, doubt we will see the sun anytime soon today, shame as it was around nearly all day yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Mist in South Ockendon:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Mist as seen from my back garden:

Edited by Katrine Basso
  • Like 2

Posted

hint of the sun as i walked across westminster bridge this morning. feels a degree or two cooler than last few days. hopefully the cooling down carries on into the end of next week.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

What a blergh day! Woke at 4am to Crystal clear skies then 4 hours later woke to thick horrid fog  took boy to college and gave up trying to find fog light switches on my car (must read manual) Even now still quite misty out there, but does make the Christmas tree lights look pretty during the day

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Quite a significant upgrade on the MO mid and long ranger. Could be some fun and games?

• Like 1

Posted

Awful day here, since lunchtime drizzly misty yuk, that stuff thats makes everything wet but you cant really see it, maxed out at 8c. Bring in the cold and possible snow please.

Posted
3 hours ago, lawrenk said:

Quite a significant upgrade on the MO mid and long ranger. Could be some fun and games?

Just looked in the model thread, yes I know, seems to be unraveling a bit, typically just as the met come onboard. It's all looking horribly similar to last January with cold air over northern England and Scotland and us lot in the milder air. They had some decent snowfalls up north but very little down here 

Edited by snowblind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Just looked in the model thread, yes I know, seems to be unraveling a bit, typically just as the met come onboard. It's all looking horribly similar to last January with cold air over northern England and Scotland and us lot in the milder air. They had some decent snowfalls up north but very little down here 

Doom and gloom Christmas Day weather for us, might squeeze some drizzle into the mix as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

feel like poo. If it snows can some one ping me. 

Regards Dami's stomach and sore head.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Yikes it’s full on white knuckle ride over in the model thread, feeling tired after reading through all the analysis Think I’ll watch a Miss Marple episode to calm down, I find her soothing despite all the murdering..!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
26 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Yikes it’s full on white knuckle ride over in the model thread, feeling tired after reading through all the analysis Think I’ll watch a Miss Marple episode to calm down, I find her soothing despite all the murdering..!! 

I want to get off!

But wait ✋ 

Its looking better again...

I'll just wait for 18z

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some early sunshine and patches of fog, but alas the fog seemed to expand and then turn into a chilly and drizzly day.

The previous days have been rather strange, given I live and work essentially on the boundary between the thick cloud and clear skies over eastern England. A bit of both was the result.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Right so I am going to do a daily Christmas Day prediction round up up until the 23rd (I am working later on the 24th + I think we will know how things will pan out by then). I will use the 12z suite each day and of course the UKMO will be useable from tomorrow (If I can get the day 7 chart).

GFS

image.thumb.png.a78518ed8f71c6d109aa03acc44a6a7f.png

A wet start, we will see a window of dry weather before a potentially wet and stormy evening as the next system moves in.

GEM

image.thumb.png.2882379edaca76118cae12e6b0432eea.png

After a cold Christmas Eve, we see spells of rain moving through the region with temperatures probably in high single figures.

ECM

image.thumb.gif.9696fecb4e90c73470a212f2b6c3fa47.gif

Another one probably bringing a wet Christmas Day, cold air stuck over the north of the U.K. 

Overall picture, the operationals are tending to be on the pessimistic side of the ensemble spread (There are plenty that are cold for the U.K.) Fair to say though that we should hope for better tomorrow.

• Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
26 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

I want to get off!

But wait ✋ 

Its looking better again...

I'll just wait for 18z

Arghhh ‘scream if wanna go faster!’ Deep breath it’s gonna fine, it’ll be an insane 18z at least a sleety blizzard to look forward here on the sunshine coast come Christmas Day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.
3 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Arghhh ‘scream if wanna go faster!’ Deep breath it’s gonna fine, it’ll be an insane 18z at least a sleety blizzard to look forward here on the sunshine coast come Christmas Day!

It is insane the flip flopping is unbelievable  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
7 hours ago, Zak M said:

Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing. I wish I could have been there to see that x

7 hours ago, Zak M said:

Bloody awesome sunrise here this morning! What a way to start the Christmas holiday.

P1950080.thumb.JPG.a40f5a1b24364998ad8fbdd8f769a194.JPG   P1950089.thumb.JPG.bf6ef9d9fec0da5dbc7b53e4441d475d.JPG   P1950107.thumb.JPG.2355ff2b6910bed56a63bb690a02774e.JPG   P1950126.thumb.JPG.f6edcfa8fae2780c933a68d865118146.JPG   P1950131.thumb.JPG.44b85042df0bbded8b45dc504e422c6d.JPG   P1950154.thumb.JPG.1be1b336959d1ff8fb28da38d76da2e1.JPG

Now foggy and chilly out..

E023FB09-0220-42E5-8400-1E4E6DCB9BBC.thumb.jpeg.af6e154e9e7b113c30bc5a59991fcf2b.jpeg   D3FBA13C-40B6-4B9F-B630-D1C18739B078.thumb.jpeg.3e1fc48a7c13857f51a7e0b7bfb69a62.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Posted
17 hours ago, Floatylight said:

It is insane the flip flopping is unbelievable  

It's the poster with "70% chance of coming off" in reference to day 10 charts that's grinding my gears at the moment.

Fishing for likes is more of how it comes across! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

A lighter shade of grey with a little glimpse of the sun!  A lovely afternoon walk in the countryside even though it was very muddy!!

Here’s hoping and praying for some decent snow soon. ❄️

Hope you are all managing to stay well. BAF2674F-2476-433E-AD36-654E6F92EBD4.thumb.jpeg.a1777097d38c7a9d0b87cd9d02d686ac.jpeg

94564878-A034-4134-A658-AF9D741F6026.jpeg

Edited by classylady
Spelling!
  • Like 3

Posted

Still grey and murky, hills shrouded in fog for second day in a row. Down to a static 7-8c all day.

In other news, the Christmas road madness has kicked off round here. Lorries queuing all over the place trying to get to the Port of Dover causing locals to block up other routes. Not too sure why though, sheer weight of traffic?

Edit: just read it was initially caused by a rush of people trying to get into France before the travel ban on tourists began at 10pm Friday night which in turn held up freight. Insane how quickly it escalates into traffic jams everywhere locally!

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 1