Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Eagle Eye said:

Rain approaching and with it some sleet as well, can hear it on the windows has a distinct sound :santa-emoji:

Sleet is so noisy that's why I hate it

• Like 1

Posted
On 05/12/2021 at 06:37, lassie23 said:

Sleet is so noisy that's why I hate it

Well what a gorgeous morning .been up since 6 ,cleaned van ,quick beer sitting on  veranda (I'm a acholic) lol sweating already ..ah the heady sultry  days of deep summer ,maybe storms tonight ...thinking I'm getting to old to enjoy winter any more ..it's absolutely gruesomely wet and cold here  ..sleet.and cold rain feels the same to me bouncing on top of my head ..only snow swirls past

Edited by TN9
  • Like 2

Posted

And as i metioned earlier, that little low pressure just west of Norway is scuppering the high pressure building west from Scandinavia, which I think it had chance to do before the vortex had chance to spawn spinoffs (shortwaves )one will never  but it would given the cold air more chance to come west

2021-12-05 10.52.49.png

• Like 1

Posted

Thursday between  late afternoon and Friday early hours , i think best for a pop at it snowing properly, but .. and there  is some buts , we run out of  precipitation, cold air  arrives  but just before  the  wind swings too northerly again ,that's Kent ,not east Anglia ,they have a shout longer 

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Hello it's nice to catch up several pages and see that some of you were able to post snow photos from Thursday's surprise.  Nothing like that here, although Thursday did produce a pretty, although undramatic, sunset.  There haven't been the usual stunning and dramatic sunsets through 2020 and 2021 which has puzzled me greatly.   No sunsets at all since Thursday, due to the almost constant permagloom since.

Today got to a high of 7.1C at 14:45 although with a NN Westerly it felt bitter when outside throwing the ball for my dog and his brother who came to lunch today.  Currently 4C with 89% humidity.  Wind is 4.1mph from the NW.  Pressure 1013.9HPa rising slowly.  1.4mm of rain has fallen in the last 24 hours.   

Recent weather highlight was Thursday's sky

Thursday 2 December sunset from house.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
On 05/12/2021 at 21:26, Soaring Hawk said:

Hello it's nice to catch up several pages and see that some of you were able to post snow photos from Thursday's surprise.  Nothing like that here, although Thursday did produce a pretty, although undramatic, sunset.  There haven't been the usual stunning and dramatic sunsets through 2020 and 2021 which has puzzled me greatly.   No sunsets at all since Thursday, due to the almost constant permagloom since.

Today got to a high of 7.1C at 14:45 although with a NN Westerly it felt bitter when outside throwing the ball for my dog and his brother who came to lunch today.  Currently 4C with 89% humidity.  Wind is 4.1mph from the NW.  Pressure 1013.9HPa rising slowly.  1.4mm of rain has fallen in the last 24 hours.   

Recent weather highlight was Thursday's sky

Thursday 2 December sunset from house.jpg

On 05/12/2021 at 13:54, TN9 said:

Thursday between  late afternoon and Friday early hours , i think best for a pop at it snowing properly, but .. and there  is some buts , we run out of  precipitation, cold air  arrives  but just before  the  wind swings too northerly again ,that's Kent ,not east Anglia ,they have a shout longer 

right ..jumping run to run ..it ..it (gfs) now develops a quasi stationary half depression over  Scotland..which in turn scuppers our chance of cold ..but ,we will see what happens on tomos 18hr run  ,to much  change on 6hr ly 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Got a train of showers coming from the north east. Thought the wind was blowing from the north west. Apparently not.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist
9 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Got a train of showers coming from the north east. Thought the wind was blowing from the north west. Apparently not.

The upper winds are west-northwest, the showers are quite shallow and moving below the upper winds The cirrus is arriving now from the west. Ending my hope of photographing the comet tonight...

Edited by Sprites
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Foggy drive to work and the A421 shut again for the 3rd time in 4 weeks. Just hope nobody died this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Morning folks, lovely sky this morning.9D7C4B3E-FD7B-4551-ADC8-BCBC59A89659.thumb.jpeg.d994d1e04d13a2dc2c44e4666b6bab02.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
8 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Morning folks, lovely sky this morning.9D7C4B3E-FD7B-4551-ADC8-BCBC59A89659.thumb.jpeg.d994d1e04d13a2dc2c44e4666b6bab02.jpeg

Shepherds warning!

Posted
On 06/12/2021 at 01:34, Sprites said:

The upper winds are west-northwest, the showers are quite shallow and moving below the upper winds The cirrus is arriving now from the west. Ending my hope of photographing the comet tonight...

Oh is that what that bright star is, or is there a planet too, as it didn't look like a comet just a very big star. What time is it best seen?

Posted
1 hour ago, TN9 said:

At top of Wrotham the cloud Base is on leeward side  685ft ..sw side 500ft ..not a lot of  people know or want to know  that lol

But true none the less 

Screenshot_2021-12-06-09-39-29.png

Would be interested to know what the altimeter app is, TN9...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Miserable dark cold and wet day here now in Locksbottom.currently 4.5 degrees and steady rain been falling since about 11.15 and looks likely to continue to about 3pm probably.Sort of day you just want to hibernate tbh.

Posted
On 06/12/2021 at 10:08, TN9 said:

At top of Wrotham the cloud Base is on leeward side  685ft ..sw side 500ft ..not a lot of  people know or want to know  that lol

But true none the less 

Screenshot_2021-12-06-09-39-29.png

You should try driving through capel in this weather lol. Can't even see your hand in front of your face, let alone other traffic. Low baring rain clouds are thick on that bit of hill and coast line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Just now, Blazerblue said:

Another cold day, another day of cold rain, tomorrow more cold rain and strong winds too, depressing is an understatement. 4c.

It's on the rain-sleet cusp, BB. Doubly depressing!

• Like 1

Posted
On 06/12/2021 at 14:07, lassie23 said:

Got odd weather here at the moment, it's raining seagulls.

So that's where they've gone. To be honest I think they know the storm is coming.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

So that's where they've gone. To be honest I think they know the storm is coming.

They have all come inland and are making my London suburb sound like Eastbourne

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Surely, they can't be that gullible?☺️

• Like 3