Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Barring a late second spike it has maxed out at 28.2C. Third warmest day of the year here with only 18th & 19th July beating it, although I was on holiday then. 

• Like 9

Posted

26.9C in my back yard. A few decimal points warmer than yesterday, at 25.5C. Scorchio.

• Like 8

Posted

Warmest day of the year at home in Pittenweem at 26.8c. Stunning blue skies all day and a breeze and low humidity made it a cracker. 29c up the road at Leuchars which probably makes it only the 4th warmest day of this summer there! ☺️

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Max of 26C here in bright sunshine. Still 20.8C and my South facing bedroom is roasting.
Some of that might be the heat coming off my United supporting next door neighbour! He did moan earlier that he had been unable to get a flight to Amsterdam. Bet that he is glad now

A bit more of an easterly element tomorrow may bring the temps down a bit. As long as the haar and cloud stays away I won't mind.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 7

Posted

Another glorious day of clear deep blue skies and mainly light winds.

Was surprised at how cold it was first thing with 7c at 7am - as the max reached 29c that is a very impressive diurnal range for here.

Similar story down at the Met Office site at Aboyne...

image.thumb.png.e8f41f2b367a509c0b9908c0a505f417.png

For a pleasant change a lot of butterflies around today, mainly cabbage whites but there was also a peacock fluttering around - a rare treat for here.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Well Sutherland seems to be practising for Autumn now as we had about 3 or 4 hours yesterday of warm sunshine but then dull and much cooler with drizzerly mist, those conditions have continued this morning, currently 13.2C

127325661_20220812_08405238044.thumb.jpg.27f343fb797861146420cd8e55db9e83.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Another crackerjack of a day but looking increasingly likely gonna start breaking down by Sunday

• Like 7

Posted

Much cooler and cloudier on the NE Fife coast today, as forecast. No haar as yet but low cloud drifting in and out. 17c at the moment.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Yesterday exceeded 28c and today is looking even hotter. 

Already touching 27c, sun is relentless at the moment although i’ve found sleeping in it to be relatively easy. 

Looking forward to some thunderstorms but first we should break 30c.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Much cooler and cloudier on the NE Fife coast today, as forecast. No haar as yet but low cloud drifting in and out. 17c at the moment.

Cloud much more broken up and thin here but still around 6C cooler at this time compared with yesterday. Currently fair at 20.2C with a light Easterly breeze.

edit. Still sunny here but down to 19C and looking East there is low cloud or haar visible out towards the estuary.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Hello folks!

Just spent the last week nursing hubby.   After 2 1/2 years free, covid finally caught up with him.   Oh of course, he was dying (according to him).   It's a man thing isn't it? 🙄  Anyhoo, he is out cutting the grass.   I guess he is on the mend!  

So... what about all this heat then?   (sod's law that I have missed most of it!)   It hasn't been overly intense here which is good.  Temps have been hovering around the 25c/26c with which I can just about cope!

Had I been posting this week, it would have been a cut and paste job!

Oh, look at that, lowest it has been at this time of day all week!   That E breeze must be keeping it cooler.

static_weathercams.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
22 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Much cooler than yesterday at 20c but still feels very warm. Cracking day again. 

Hello 101.   I see you have acquired a crown during my absence!   Well done!🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Hello 101.   I see you have acquired a crown during my absence!   Well done!🙂

Not sure what it means or how it's awarded as I've barely been on here either 🤣

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Not sure what it means or how it's awarded as I've barely been on here either 🤣

I got something too.   Not sure what it means either!😄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

The sky has been such a lovely Blue colour the last few days.

Temperature is currently 30.5c, not oppressive but too hot to do much in.

Second warmest temperature i’ve recorded here since we moved in during 2008. The warmest being last month of course.

Tomorrow looks like it will beat today’s temperatures, temps on the Wunderground site show where the hot spots are.

EDIT - 32.0c on the button now. 0.4c below July’s peak so tomorrow we could breach it. Crazy given how much less daylight we have now but it’s been building for days

DA46795F-1235-4F05-852B-FD24B829FD28.jpeg

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 7

Posted
4 hours ago, Norrance said:

Cloud much more broken up and thin here but still around 6C cooler at this time compared with yesterday. Currently fair at 20.2C with a light Easterly breeze.

edit. Still sunny here but down to 19C and looking East there is low cloud or haar visible out towards the estuary.

We actually dodged most of it, feeding in just to our east and down into East Lothian. St Andrews was great and cool when I popped up earlier and Leuchars maxing at 18c today so a whole 11c down on yesterday. However it’s been perfectly pleasant in the sun here! 

• Like 6

Posted

27°C on the nose here today. A refreshing breeze though 😎

Best tomato crop in four years, and lettuce just keeps on giving. Saved a fortune!! (Well, 30 quid) 😂

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, Hawesy said:

We actually dodged most of it, feeding in just to our east and down into East Lothian. St Andrews was great and cool when I popped up earlier and Leuchars maxing at 18c today so a whole 11c down on yesterday. However it’s been perfectly pleasant in the sun here! 

We are at a barbecue in StAndrews tomorrow. Have advised relatives coming across from Bearsden and Glasgow that it may be a tad cooler than they anticipate. Hopefully the dreaded haar stays offshore!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Maxed out at  23.5C here so cooler than the last couple of days, likely due to a more easterly direction to the wind. See there's yellow thunderstorm warning out for most of Scotland from Sunday through Monday, but likely very hit or miss. 

• Like 4

Posted

Cloudy with sea fog in the morning but sunny afternoon with a maximum of 21c.Very humid in the morning.

Took most of hay bales in today that werer baled yesterday as the hay is crisp ad crunchy with a very low moisture content  so should not do anything silly

• Like 4