Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
2 hours ago, tiff said:

Always lived in Fife, but never climbed the law! Where's the best place to park to have a walk up?

You can park at the cemetery which is closest but I usually park down at the front and walk up. It’s not high but it is steep!

Went to see friends at New Gilston which is only a few miles away but at 200m asl. Like Narnia up there, 8-9 cm of snow and a true winter wonderland.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

God , the Mod thread has turned into' hunt the snow SE England thread '🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Frozen Britain said:

You tease......lol.....let's hope so.....a beast from the east.....now that would be a treat....this cold spell has been disappointing to say the least....great if you live in the Scottish Highlands in Aviemore or Carrbridge.....pathetic if you live elsewhere......

Yeah have to agree this cold spell has not been the best from a snow perspective, we’ve managed a couple of inches here but it’s been mostly marginal events overall ❄️

Absolutely bitter out there tonight though 🥶

• Like 4

Posted
19 minutes ago, johncam said:

God , the Mod thread has turned into' hunt the snow SE England thread '🙄

Fixed that 🙃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer
6 hours ago, Ravelin said:

Ah, so that's where they've been. There's precious little evidence of even the most used side roads around Alford having been gritted. 

Roads are ok in westhill but the pavements are a completely different story - an absolute disgrace and frankly dangerous.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

Keep checking this wondering if anything will make it here to the west coast 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Burger, Food, Map, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Sceptical said:

Some impressive early evening temperatures for parts of Aberdeenshire.

Corgarff  - 14.4c 8pm

Braemar- 11c 7pm

Looks like my guess of -15C will be crushed?

• Like 4

Posted
14 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Looks like my guess of -15C will be crushed?

I think you'll be close with that guess. Along the road at Tomintoul, the Met forecast is for -16c tomorrow 9am. A local forecaster thinks Corgarff and Braemar will hit -18c tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Do we think the breakdown is coming this weekend then? What about some decent snowfall beforehand (I’m out the country until midweek so a bit oblivious to any snowfall that may have happened since yesterday).

Posted
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Bright cold day with maximum temperature of 0c frost digging in, Currently -2c.   Hills round the Firth looking wintry with Ben Wyvis  in particular looking well in a heavy coat of snow.

Currently  -4c   windows starting to ice up. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
15 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

I just popped into the England south east forum..(I originate from there) they are having quite an event..lots of places getting hammered as the small snow band pivots...

It will be the main headline on the news no doubt? A few cm's in the southeast and the headlines will be 'Britain grinds to a standstill' whilst the rest of the Uk just gets on with it, 🙄🤣

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winter/warm dry summer
29 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Do we think the breakdown is coming this weekend then? What about some decent snowfall beforehand (I’m out the country until midweek so a bit oblivious to any snowfall that may have happened since yesterday).

I’ve tried reading the model thread to get a feel on that very question  - but it’s possibly the most confusing  sequence of dialogue I’ve ever tried to follow. It also is very south east oriented and sometimes I forget that when I read a doom and gloom post. Looks like it will turn milder this weekend but for how long is anyones guess - in my humble and uneducated opinion. 

Posted
28 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

It does look as if there is growing agreement to be a breakdown of sorts this weekend but to be honest I wouldn’t look that far ahead.   Possibly quite a bit of snow this week for the north and east ( depending on what forecast app you use ) .  Met office again just has rain for the east coast.   Inland could again get a good covering.  Baltic out there at the moment though.  Brilliant night for star watching.    

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Loving the snow pictures everyone...the Beeb forecast for around here was away off in fantasy land, it was showing a few hours of sleet/snow PM yesterday and not a single flake fell, however its been a bloody cold one today in the shade it remained below zero all day, a nice crisp day for putting up Christmas lights.

Could this be the breakdown for the cold weather its from the 15 day tend video from the Beeb...when it comes to mild damp pish they are usually spot on.

Current conditions...

Air temp -2.1 deg/C

Ground temp -8.8 deg/C

Cloud temp - clear sky (deep space mega cold)

Could contain: Person, Man, Adult, Male, Nature, Outdoors, Crowd

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Benvironment said:

Could contain: Road, License Plate, Vehicle, Neighborhood, Car, Wheel, City, Outdoors, Suburb, Nature

Braemar at lunchtime. It was already -7C at 4pm! Bit ‘warmer’ here now than in the village proper, at -10.8C. 

You really can't beat Deeside in her winter clothing on a blue sky day, I love where I live!

My PWS currently reporting -4.7c with DP -5.5c.

Side roads and pavements in Banchory are horrendous however, you can hear every car coming into or going out of my street thanks to the frozen slush.  Upset the father of one of my neighbours this morning when he parked his car half across my drive and I asked him to move as I couldn't guarantee being able to avoid him with the ice.  He wasn't amused but I no longer care as he's done it once to often now.

Christmas has arrived in Banchory with the annual fire & rescue charity visit round the streets.  The guys are out every night this week and I admire their bravery considering the forecast temperatures while raising money for the firemen's benevolent fund.

Could contain: Spoke, Machine, Alloy Wheel, Wheel, Car, Tire, Vehicle, Car Wheel, Person, Fire Truck

Could contain: Spoke, Lighting, Car, Alloy Wheel, Person, Man, Adult, Male, Urban, Light

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A relatively mild -8.6C compared to that ^^^^^^

• Like 4